S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum > Group Skates
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Skates Discussions about night skates, organized skate tours, skating party weekends, and similar group social skating events.

Old November 28th, 2006, 04:44 PM   #1
Jessica
Queen of the Mile

Default Full Moon Skate Tampa - this Saturday

Any of you locals available to skate on Saturday night at one of the most beautiful trails in Florida? If you've ever wanted to skate in the dark, this is the place to do it. If you've never been to Flatwoods, you can get a moonlit preview of the trail you'll be racing on for the Squiggy Classic in March.

Info

I'm looking at the most recent pic and the turnout was pathetic compared to skates in the past (I guess I shouldn't be talking since I didn't show either ). Jon B. how about it? Dmoore? BHerrick?
Old November 28th, 2006, 06:11 PM   #2
dmoore
Stand and Deliver

Hey Jessica,
Yes, I've been to Flatwoods and would love to do it, but my dentist advised me to stay off the skates for ~ 5 days. After nursing a hot tooth over the weekend, I had it pulled today and I'm home wasting a perfect skating day. I'm having serious withdrawals having been off the skates the whole weekend.

I asked the dentist about skating this weekend and he strongly advised against it. Funny thing - we started talking about favorite trails since he bikes. His is the Upper Tampa Bay trail, which I believe you frequent. He said he likes to hear the roosters crow in the morning.

When chaos subsides, I would like to get together with the Florida contingent. Since my favorite trail at Starkey Park is shut down, I've been hitting the Suncoast trail. I'd like to try the Upper Tampa Bay trail or the north end of Suncoast and experience some FL hills with Jon B.

Have fun,
Dennis
dmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 06:19 PM   #3
speedysktr
President of Everything

c'mon dennis, man up! The dentist was just making a suggestion, kind of a general guideline. By Saturday evening at full moon, it really will be almost 5 days. Skating with Jessica is a real treat. Just make sure you act like a gentleman.
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 06:30 PM   #4
dmoore
Stand and Deliver

My threshold for pain is fairly high - probably what got me in this mess. Actually, since my wife was a dental assistant, she'll be the one keeping an eye on me. The description of a dry socket and what results doesn't sound appealing. Believe me, I'd much rather be skating.
Old November 28th, 2006, 10:28 PM   #5
BHerrick
I can haz speed?

Jessica,
Hmmm, skating by moonlight. Haven't done that yet. Sounds fun. I'm in. I'd just decided to do the Squiggy Classic so it would be nice to get a look at Flatwoods. Looks like a very nice trail.
Sorry to hear about the tooth dmoore, may you heal fast and your dentist change his mind.
Old November 29th, 2006, 01:18 AM   #6
dmoore
Stand and Deliver

Thanks for the kind words Bryan. Depending on how the week goes, I may be there. Now that novacain has worn off and my thoughts are clearer, the prospect of Sat. doesn't sound too bad.

The trail is very smooth and with no clouds, a full moon skate sounds great. I think they recommend a blinky light so you don't get rear ended.

Hope to see you guys there.

Dennis