S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old October 5th, 2013, 03:12 AM   #21
cass38a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post

If people disagree with my posted views, then they should point out what is wrong with them, instead of trying to paint me as a fool, but that might require some thinking and effort.

-Armadillo
Dillo, you have painted yourself as a fool many times over................. it takes no effort from the others here to point it out.

You are so foolish that you can't even see the reputation you have built yourself, the only person who rates you has high as you rate yourself has the worst reputation on Skatelog.
cass38a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2013, 04:13 AM   #22
quantoo

Default hey i dont agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by cass38a View Post
Dillo, you have painted yourself as a fool many times over................. it takes no effort from the others here to point it out.

You are so foolish that you can't even see the reputation you have built yourself, the only person who rates you has high as you rate yourself has the worst reputation on Skatelog.
I only have the second worst reputation on slf.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #23
Dec8rSk8r

Of all the nerve! I'll argue where ever I want to, and you all can just like it or lump it.

Dec8rSk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2013, 06:44 AM   #24
bolivia

I'm going to start a group-hug thread, and the only way to post is using your Visa/Mastercard/AmEX card.
Old October 5th, 2013, 07:11 AM   #25
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolivia View Post
I'm going to start a group-hug thread, and the only way to post is using your Visa/Mastercard/AmEX card.
Group hug his >>>

Good in theory bolivia, but it will never fly.
(that line sound mysteriously familiar)

Hey, I wonder if this thread has the potential to take down the next biggest thread: "Training log: What did you do today", in the Fitness Skating forum. Only 1,554,871 posts.

If we can keep the Dill and the evil twin engaged, we could do it in about 7 months. We just have to trade off antagonizing them. Or simply tell them they are wrong.
Old October 5th, 2013, 07:24 AM   #26
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Spacers. That is all.
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2013, 08:13 AM   #27
Quadtastic
Quads live!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantoo View Post
But i disagree with the idea.
because i have to argue about something in the arguing thread.
hahahaha
Quadtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #28
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
Another LIE! I have put out plenty of data.
I built skates on plastic plates for Derek Crane, who finished 2nd place in two distances at quad Nationals a couple years ago, and I posted that with these skates he lowered his fastest lap times by nearly one full second. That is real DATA, from a reputable source - an elite skater (who soon after switched over to inlines).

The focus of many of my builds is lowest possible weight. PICs showing build components ON THE SCALE with the weight in grams readable ARE DATA as far as the weight results are concerned.

The many people I have built skates for, most of whom are extremely happy with the results of how they have performed, and would back up many of the things I have posted at SLF, have told me that they avoid making any posts here about my builds, because they do not want to deal with the bashers hitting on them for saying things favorable toward me.

-Armadillo
The most DATA I ever saw was in the threads on truck weights and skate plate/component weights. With numbers in a chart for direct comparison. That is data. Before/after charts. A page with all info wrapped up into a single file would be sufficient. You want to post times, post before and after weights as if it were a report on the beginnings and the positive ending of the project. That is DATA, it can be looked at at a glance to get the info. Not spread out over several pages in a thread. You fill out a baseline in your report then progress with changes noted and then the final product. IMO data is concentrated in a file and easily read, Fishing for data is a pita. So it is more like bits and pieces of data, i'll go that far.... Also I'll give you the pics with scales having the numbers on the weights of components, but still no condensed full chart of everything from beginning to end like a project should have, showing changes and improvements, a log book.
Maybe you like to spread it out for a reason? Does spreading out data make it easier to convince people? We have had this discussion before.I believe showing the DATA would cut down on the negative feedback you get from people here. But that is JMO>>>>
Old October 5th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #29
llama of death
DIY nutter/Gearhead

Default Just IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
Maybe you like to spread it out for a reason? Does spreading out data make it easier to convince people? We have had this discussion before.I believe showing the DATA would cut down on the negative feedback you get from people here. But that is JMO>>>>
I would say though I like to tinker and I prefer my data in log format it is tiresome to collect collate and present coherently. I prefer just fix it till it breaks than learn from it. Presenting charts would me to much work for the likes of me, so I would assume that others would be the same. Preferring instead to present only what the poster perceives as relevant and assuming people will follow it. I fall into that trap all the time in my many mis-adventures.

I do however agree that this is not a productive means of representing one's findings and does not by itself constitute raw data.
Old October 5th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #30
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama of death View Post
I would say though I like to tinker and I prefer my data in log format it is tiresome to collect collate and present coherently. I prefer just fix it till it breaks than learn from it. Presenting charts would me to much work for the likes of me, so I would assume that others would be the same. Preferring instead to present only what the poster perceives as relevant and assuming people will follow it. I fall into that trap all the time in my many mis-adventures.

I do however agree that this is not a productive means of representing one's findings and does not by itself constitute raw data.
In your case I would not say it would applicable, for your own use, but here on SLF, lots of things get called data when it is not. No need to track everything for one's own purposes.
Old October 5th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #31
gotsk8s
I bet Godsk8s too!

I suck at arguing so this will be my only post here, sorry if that pi$$e$ anyone off
Old October 5th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #32
Sidewinder
UFO

Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #33
Iggy
DGS Racing

NO

Old October 5th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #34
Iggy
DGS Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsk8s View Post
I suck at arguing so this will be my only post here, sorry if that pi$$e$ anyone off
Oh ya? You know what really pi$$e$ me off? People that come in to the arguing thread and refuse to argue. Now d@mnit either argue about something or get the eff out!!!!
Old October 5th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #35
Sidewinder
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
no

all glory to teh hypnotoad~~~~~~
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #36
gotsk8s
I bet Godsk8s too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Oh ya? You know what really pi$$e$ me off? People that come in to the arguing thread and refuse to argue. Now d@mnit either argue about something or get the eff out!!!!
NO!! And I`m not gonna argue about it either so .... now then
Old October 5th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #37
RS Dave
YOU'RE GONNA LOVE MY NUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
...And who the h*ll gave YOU permission to start the arguing thread??
Good to see you Rufus. I'll go get Footy.

"Of course I talk to myself. It's nice to talk to somebody sane."
RS Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2013, 12:41 AM   #38
pavement

Seems like its working to me.....great idea Iggy.
Old October 6th, 2013, 03:06 AM   #39
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

The hypnotoad summoned me. All hail the glory of the hypnotoad!

You flatland skaters amuse me. Data based on this and that, and something or another.... When you're flying thru the air, 12' off the deck, ass first, data don't mean squat. You better have major skillz, or you're gonna be doing some major spillz.

Argue? bah. You guys don't know how. lol. I was wrestling pigs in the mud DESPITE the knowledge that the pigs were enjoying it when you were still in fisher price plastic skates. Try not to be so obvious in your petty squabbles eh?
The inside baseball is called tact. "The ability to tell a man to go to hell, and have him happy to be on his way." Look it up, it will serve you well.

I learned my arguing skills from the ultimate master. My ex. And I won. That's like Beelzebub kicking the devil's ass and closing down hell. That pyscho hose beast was clinically diagnosed, and is still on SSRI's. BPD is no shi7! The multiple Dale Carnegie courses thereafter were merely icing on the cake.

I know, I shouldn't stray from my chosen forums, the fitness section and the aggressive section, and my flavor of the week, the Off Topic forum, but I couldn't help myself on this one, what with the hypnotoad summons and all.

Watch out! I'll argue with you over the internet! And you wouldn't like me when I argue with you over the internet! :hulk smiley:

(seriously tho, this could be an awesome thread if properly managed! )

Shout out to my G's.
Old October 6th, 2013, 07:31 AM   #40
pavement

Thumbs up

I guess us flat landers just got schooled by a fruit booter.....:P