S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | SkateLog.com | Email    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum is Moving to SkateDebate Dot Com ***
(select above link for more information)

How To Get a User Account in the New SkateDebate Forum
(new home of the SkateLog Forum)

How To Get a User Account in the SkateLog Forum
(Note: this forum is going off-line in June of 2020)

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Aggressive Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Aggressive Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to vert skating, skatepark tricks, aggressive street skating, action sports events, and the aggressive skating lifestyle.

Old May 24th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #1
HBlock

Question what's the trick to a flat spin on a vert?

I ride rollerblade new jack vs2, recently put in eulogy wheels and red bearing cause the stock ones sucked. when i ride the ramps and get air and try a spin, my spin is always weak and i have trouble landing on both feet. my left foot likes to drag. is there a time thats best to spin? i'd love some advise.
HBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 06:15 AM   #2
Lil Rev

I have the same thing (on quads), always me left foot as well...

Ive been trying to work on just landings, just jumping whilst rolling and off a few ledges. That seems to be helping me, I think it's the position I land in sometimes.

With rotations, for me it comes from the hips and shoulders. As I approach a jump, I am getting ready to turn these, and keep your eyes on your landing!
Old May 25th, 2012, 06:15 AM   #3
CrazeeDave
Geriatric Quad Class

Default putting a spin on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBlock View Post
I ride rollerblade new jack vs2, recently put in eulogy wheels and red bearing cause the stock ones sucked. when i ride the ramps and get air and try a spin, my spin is always weak and i have trouble landing on both feet. my left foot likes to drag. is there a time thats best to spin? i'd love some advise.
I'll assume you're rotating counter-clockwise by the left foot drag.
If one foot lags then you are not using equal force to each leg on the launch (favoring 1 foot and not using your arms to initiate the spin).

I found a good way to loose this bad habit is to 1st attack a vert face where you can get vertical air straight out and land with zero forward motion (watch the vid in my sig)....practice this till you're comfortable with it.
Then try it by slightly digging both toestops into the vert face just before your horizontal momentum stops....not too early or a nasty faceplant is guaranteed.

Once you have mastered this launch technique, then use your arms only to apply spin immediately after your toestops hit.
The result is a launch that favors neither foot as they are not used to push or spin.
Once you get used to spinning in this manner, any favored foot launches will feel unatural and you'll automatically correct.
Hope this helps.

Old May 26th, 2012, 01:09 AM   #4
HBlock

Default intresting video

i apprieciate the advice. and you look like you have been doing this for some years, thanks so much.
HBlock is offline   Reply With Quote