S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum > Outdoor Trails
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Outdoor Trails Tell us about your favorite outdoor skating trails.

Old September 2nd, 2006, 12:50 AM   #41
online inline

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
Man, you guys got it made, cheerleaders, roselined trails...

Brilliant.
Yeah, it's rough. Trail borders Red Hook Brewery, No less than 3 parks, a lake complete with two different swimming areas, a major university, several cafes, a triathalon supply store, a cycling gear store, and an urban surf store, and a Hagendas ice cream store across the street at midpoint of this 26 mile pedestrian/cycling/skating trail. It's one of these rails to trails project so it goes along a lot of people's backyards, and that's where you get a very nice changing terrain of landscaping, treees, shrubs and flowers. It is very beaustiful and wraps two sides of Lake Washington, but the county and the municipalities it traverses have been too lax in upkeep in several sections, so it can be a bit rough in places. This year the trail was extended an additional 11 miles, but the new section is not going to be paved for a year or so.

It really helps to have big wheels on a trail like this becuase you can just blast over the rough stuff, rumble strips, roots that push up the asphalt, etc.

IF it weren't for this trail, which just happens to be a little over a mile from my house, i don't know if i would have so readily taken up speed skating. It certainly made things easier.

BTW, the trail is called the Burke Gillman/Sammamish River trail.
online inline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2006, 02:03 AM   #42
speedysktr
President of Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by online inline View Post
...which just happens to be a little over a mile from my house.
location, location, location. sounds awesome. I'm about 2-3 miles from two different access points. They are 4 miles apart on the trail. Gless is about a mile from the trail at another access point 2.5 further from the northern most of my two access points. I'm not sure how long ours is, but it's one of the longest in the country. Longer than I'll ever need.
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote