S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old April 4th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #21
Armadillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
if the urethane was in good enough condition... Get some micro bearings and make adapters that fit the wheel bore and bearing od. Might be easier than fiddling around with shim stock, but more involved.
Micro bearings bring their own set of problems.

The bearing spacing changes with the adapters added to the mix.
Plus, if you are machining anything, just machine an aluminum sleeve to an OD that presses into the wheel, add a drop of super glue on the way in, and then bore it out to proper bearing fit. End of story, but you will need an expansion mandrel to hold the wheel from only one side as you bore it.

With all the other issues, I say just cut some thin shim material into a bearing width strip, roll it up, and insert it into the too big bore before installing the bearing. These wheels aren't worth investing any serious labor to fix them properly.

Shoe goo can rebond the urethane to the hub, but it takes some serious cleaning and priming to produce a strong enough bond to hold up, and you must wait a full week for it to cure all the way down to the depth of the separation. Even then it doesn't always last long.

-Armadillo

Last edited by Armadillo; April 4th, 2012 at 07:29 PM.
Armadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #22
Elysarian
Ex-Pat Wiganer

This all sounds like a lot of effort for what are in essence a relatively cheap set of wheels...

I am assuming they're outside of any warranty period?

Now with added Daughter!
Elysarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #23
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Exclamation Moved from Ask Doc Sk8

I'm moving this to the general quad forum so you guys can yack all ya want..

Last edited by Doc Sk8; April 4th, 2012 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Explain the sudden appearance of a thread with many posts
Doc Sk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #24
okie

Thumbs up Repair with J-B Weld Works great! Read the instructions!

J-B Weld part # 8265-S None other!.

Now I have FIXED many Power Plus China made bad holes like this and I know it works.

You need all four skate trucks/nuts also.

Clean all the hubs with acetone. A couple times.

Clean all the bearings complete with the acetone.

You are also sacrificing this bearing set to this project.

On the wheel hub,apply a thin film of Vaseline around the """""""outside""""" of the bearing hole. NOT in the bearing hole.This is to keep the squeeze out of the excess JB from sticking to the hubs. The excess is going to squeeze out of the hole when you install the bearing into the bearing hole where the JB weld is. You will be able to clean off the hub after its dry because the Vaseline would not let it stick.

Also put a thin film of Vaseline on the axles.

Mix the JB weld, apply inside of the wheel hub OD, put 100% around the inside OD. If you let JB weld set a few minutes it gets thicker and you can apply thicker etc,less run off.

Install the dry no lube wheel bearing. A seal to the inside of the wheel. This is to keep the JB from entering the bearing.

Immediately install 2 wheels onto the skate trucks. Tighten the axle nut down till the wheel does not roll. Do not disturb.

The skate axle is aligning the bearings while the JB is curing

Do this on each wheel.

For a full cure it takes about 4 or 5 days.Your making a epoxy shim.

After the cure,remove the wheel and scrape off any excess,it will not stick on the Vaseline.

Use a xacto blade and remove your bearing shields, kinda difficult while the bearings are in the hubs but you can do it. Remove only around the axle hole.

Add acouple drops of lube in the bearings and reinstall the shields.

Your ready to go skating. I fixed many and there still Rollin. The JB weld is real hard and if you get real oil free where you want it to stick with the acetone,its per-meant.

You will never get the bearings out. They will be on centerline to the hubs because you used the skate axle to keep them in line while it is curing.
okie
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 04:09 AM   #25
nbskat8

Default Problem?????? I have a solution......................

Scrapdaddy PM me the balance and your paypal and I will send it to you as a gift, I've had transactions with you before. I must say that all of my experience's with you on this forum have been A+++++. You strike me to be nothing less than a real stand up guy..... !BEN_HER you can explain yourself to me when I see you in person?????? Or better yet return the wheels, In a USPS priority mail, flat rate shipping box. Ad insurance and a signature confirmation and your still looking at less than $20.00. When this is complete I will hand you a $20.00 dollar bill on me..... I am dead serious to this offer...................................... To all loggers, Since I have joined this forum I have been nothing but blessed with a ton of knowledge. Stand up guy's like Doc giving away his time, knowledge, and even skate parts free of charge. Wild Wes spending time out of his day to machine me skate parts. And even reading some of Okies, controversial post!!!! while picking up on a few good engineering tidbits, opinions, and arguments..... To the Aussies/ New Zeland/ UK, etc. sharing their style and knowlege. I have never had a bad transaction. To all of you guys!!!!! Thank You......................................................................
nbskat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #26
Damian73
Random Hanger-on

Thumbs up

^^^^^ Now that's impressive...

"mate, you looked like a baby giraffe tripping over those kids!" - loony888
Damian73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #27
scrapdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbskat8 View Post
Scrapdaddy PM me the balance and your paypal and I will send it to you as a gift, I've had transactions with you before. I must say that all of my experience's with you on this forum have been A+++++. You strike me to be nothing less than a real stand up guy..... !BEN_HER you can explain yourself to me when I see you in person?????? Or better yet return the wheels, In a USPS priority mail, flat rate shipping box. Ad insurance and a signature confirmation and your still looking at less than $20.00. When this is complete I will hand you a $20.00 dollar bill on me..... I am dead serious to this offer...................................... To all loggers, Since I have joined this forum I have been nothing but blessed with a ton of knowledge. Stand up guy's like Doc giving away his time, knowledge, and even skate parts free of charge. Wild Wes spending time out of his day to machine me skate parts. And even reading some of Okies, controversial post!!!! while picking up on a few good engineering tidbits, opinions, and arguments..... To the Aussies/ New Zeland/ UK, etc. sharing their style and knowlege. I have never had a bad transaction. To all of you guys!!!!! Thank You......................................................................
dude thats epic.

Last edited by scrapdaddy; April 7th, 2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #28
elemental
I Whistle at Derby Girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapdaddy View Post
dude thats epic, but i cant drag another logger under this bus with me, but when you see him, please feel free to ask him why needs to extort people for money
ive sold and bought with scrap. always pleased. never felt beat up over $ or ripped off. even share a little knowledge behind the scenes.
elemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #29
scrapdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemental View Post
ive sold and bought with scrap. always pleased. never felt beat up over $ or ripped off. even share a little knowledge behind the scenes.
thank you sir, yor a stand up guy!
Old April 5th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #30
scubask8tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemental View Post
Two very recent transactions with Scrapdaddy. The guy went well out of his way to help me out, all at the best prices. Even threw in a couple of surprise gifts.
Thanks Scrap.
scubask8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #31
scrapdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubask8tr View Post
Two very recent transactions with Scrapdaddy. The guy went well out of his way to help me out, all at the best prices. Even threw in a couple of surprise gifts.
Thanks Scrap.
thank u sir/ alllways a good transaction with you! allways willing to help out the aussies!
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #32
loony888
oracle of useless info

Quote:

yep, i agree with damian, impressive post.
Also impressive to see loggers who have bought from scrap back him up, well done.
what's not so impressive is a logger taking advantage of a guys trusting nature by sending wheels BEFORE being paid only to be avoided and ignored for how long?? then having the balls to whine and complain about a 30 year old set of wheels that probably worked fine before they left!
if you're not happy mate send them back! scrap has already said he's happy to refund your money, no way he should cough up shipping costs for you though, that's the cost of doing 2nd hand business.
And if you want a guaranteed perfect product with a warranty? buy a new set of wheels ya thrifty bugger! there's plenty to choose from
loony888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #33
Acid Burn
Rollerskatin' Parts Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubask8tr View Post
Thanks Scrap.
I too have had a transaction or two with scrapdaddy.

scrapdaddy rox0rs!
Acid Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #34
scrapdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Burn View Post
I too have had a transaction or two with scrapdaddy.

scrapdaddy rox0rs!
thanks acid!

Last edited by scrapdaddy; April 7th, 2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old April 6th, 2012, 01:48 AM   #35
gotsk8s
I bet Godsk8s too!

Quote:
This is one of the best and most accurate posts that I`ve seen in quite some time. I have NEVER had a bad deal with an Aussie, EVER! Wes, this guy is the best, or right up there with `em. Okie ... well, anyway lol. Now Jules, that dude is STAND UP! I`ve had a few deals with him and would love to have more. Scrap, you the man! Don`t let no one steer ya into thinking you`re not!
Old April 6th, 2012, 03:18 AM   #36
scrapdaddy

yall gonna make me cry, damn, thanks!
Old April 7th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #37
!BEN_HER
VENTURA REXXXING SOCIETAS

Red face Sorry NB

Last edited by !BEN_HER; April 7th, 2012 at 06:51 PM.
!BEN_HER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 04:50 AM   #38
nbskat8

Thumbs down Brown Noser??????????

Hey, You can call me what ever you like? Better yet why don't you just call me in person? You got my number!!!!!! I'm sure to see you at some point. Do the right thing (MAN) up!!!!!! All burning bridges is going to do is leave you with less routes to travel. I got $20.00 dollars waiting for you????????????
nbskat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 05:48 AM   #39
the california kid

Default Well thats some offer, and some sound advice

Quote:
Hey, You can call me what ever you like? Better yet why don't you just call me in person? You got my number!!!!!! I'm sure to see you at some point. Do the right thing (MAN) up!!!!!! All burning bridges is going to do is leave you with less routes to travel. I got $20.00 dollars waiting for you????????????
That was some offer to Scappy, And I agree he has been a stand up guy with me. And I cannot see him being anything less. And I know for sure that he has went beyond to help others. And your offer shows that you are so, as well. thumbs up to you.
the california kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #40
matty thoms
Jam Skate Mafia

Thumbs down Junk

This is all just a bunch of lame horse ****... Man up or take your ass home!!!
matty thoms is offline   Reply With Quote