S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old January 11th, 2016, 07:01 PM   #1
Mrpep

Default Looking for reviews on rollerblade twister 80

I was going to get macroblade 90, 85 or twister and I went with twister. I'm a beginner but wonder if I made the right choice .
Mrpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 11:00 PM   #2
Slinkydog

I think you made the right choice.

My brother has the Twister 80's and loves them!
They are really durable because of that hard plastic shell around the boot and slide guards. They also come with good wheels, bearings, shock absorbers, and frame already.

The Twister 80's and Twister pro's are Rollerblade's urban/slalom models are are overall pretty solid.

The only downside to the Twister's (not a downside if you are only urban/slalom skating, actually an upside) is that you cant put bigger wheels in the frame it comes with.

If you end up loving the Twister's, for the next pair of skates you get look into Seba skates.

http://www.sebaskates.com/
Slinkydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 12:38 PM   #3
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Honestly for its price point now a twister80 is better than the sebas at the same price if you ask me. Now seba higher end models are probably a bit better, habent skated then so I dont know. There is only 1 pair I have seen at out rink, kid paid about 170 to 200, and from the way they are built I think the little extra cost for a twister 80 is more than worth it.

I have had 2 pairs for my kid, size 5.5 mens and a size 8.
Old January 20th, 2016, 10:08 PM   #4
shesk8

Default Why Twister is the better choice.

Though you are a Beginner... you won't be for long.

1. The support of a hard-shell is better designed to help you laterally stabilize yourself while skating, or learning to skate. Soft boots tend to be mushy, and can force the skaters foot and ankles to move, also can force them to grip their feet to the bottom of the insoles for support when feeling unstable.

Other reasons the Twister is a better choice:
2. The ability to adjust the frame side to side to get it perfectly aligned under the foot is worth every penny you paid! You will see Marco series dose not have this feature. Without ability to adjust frames, the skater is prone to bad posture, pronation, and/or potential knee problems from skates that simply do not align with their respective anatomy. With frame & wheels miss-aligned underfoot technique suffers are well, so some ability to progress is forfeited in the process. see pics.

3. Twisters have an extra bonus of being able to adjust the forward flexion of the cuff. This enables skaters to adjust it more forward, to get deeper into skating potion as they progress. see pics.

It may seem a bit much more than you need to get started, but the Twister is truly a solid skate that can take you from beginner stages to much higher levels without need to be compelled to be caught up in market ploys to have to buy new skates/upgrade as one advances. I am still using the original predecessor to the Twister (the RB-8, circa 2008/2009). These are among my fave "go to" skates, they have held up very well.

You chose wisely.

Happy Rolling!

---

---

shesk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2016, 02:29 AM   #5
FRGL1

Pretty decent skates, but horrible for flat feet. Doesn't sound like you're struggling with pain.

I had issues with the mounting holes being a weird distance apart on my 2013 size 11s, but most Twisters follow the standard mounting distance AFAIK.

I had a freak accident with my frames where one of the axles fused and wouldn't come out even with heavy drilling. I ended up destroying the frame and the axle was still in there. Rollerblade USA was super awesome and sent me a replacement pair (TWO), but since then I've been super paranoid of stock RB axles and insist on changing them to something else. My personal choice: SEBA Axles.

But I'm a SEBA fanboy.
FRGL1 is offline   Reply With Quote