S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old October 4th, 2015, 08:11 PM   #1
Trifon
Trifon

Default How many wheels in your roller skates?

I have grown and long veins in northern country where the winter lasts on half a year. They clean away from a snow areas on the rivers and ponds, freeze in hockey boxes in court yard. Both adults, and children stand up on skates. I much and with pleasure skated, - hockey skates, figure skates.
When I for the first time have risen on roller skates, I was comprehended with disappointment. Stupid "skating course", as on racing skates. None imagination. Turns, a set of speed on a curve, jumps, an opportunity to dance under music, improvisation. Where it? Why traditional roller skates worse ice skates. The matter is that rollers on a curvilinear trajectory interfere each other. There is a braking. And what, if to leave only one roller?
Practice shows, that one roller fixed on a frame of a boot, does not allow the skater to keep balance: loaded the roller is quickly rolled out by the weight of the sportsman from under the centre of gravity of a body, the foot not find a support and the skater falls. Elimination of this handicap is achieved by means substantial increase of the (so-called) axial moment of inertia of a roller. Let's imagine a massive steel shaft on a frame on roller skates. For him untwisting or braking on a surface of a support it is necessary to apply the certain force directed forward and accordingly back. Exactly this force can serve as the virtual support allowing the skater to keep balance. The problem to maintain equilibrium course of a scooter is solved creation of the additional axial moment of inertia of a roller. This axial moment of inertia allows avoid inadvertent trundle a roller out from under the center of gravity of the body.
I have invented such skates and I advance their realization. Details on a site:
http://rulev-igor.net/theme_203.html
http://rulev-igor.net/theme_204.html
http://rulev-igor.net/theme_205.html
It would be desirable to find out your opinion on this subject.

So many wheels of your roller skates… Perhaps, among them is superfluous?
Trifon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2015, 04:27 PM   #2
Altpensacola

Default what?

That is interesting for sure. Now skates will come with a transmission!

"Excuse me sir, what size fly wheel are you using?, you were going pretty fast"!
Old October 8th, 2015, 08:05 PM   #3
Trifon
Trifon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altpensacola View Post
That is interesting for sure. Now skates will come with a transmission!

"Excuse me sir, what size fly wheel are you using?, you were going pretty fast"!

Not everyone believes that riding on a roller real. Try to convince.
We put a thought experiment.
1. In a convenient location on the sole of the shoe is fixed one sharp pin. You can stand and walk in such shoes? Absolutely.
2. Replace the pin on the roller with ball bearing. You will immediately fall. Like slipped on a banana peel.
3. Hard-fix clips, will not allow them to rotate. You can safely cross on the ground and walk.
4. Slow down roller with a friction lining. Now the roller is not rolled out instantly. You will have time to react. You will have time to move the leg so that the center of gravity to move to the desired position. In these roller skates can already skate. At the same time you should have to expend energy to friction. Flywheel drive does not require these costs.
Old October 11th, 2015, 05:44 PM   #4
Trifon
Trifon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altpensacola View Post

Regarding the flywheel, gearbox and weight of the new product.
The gear transmission: module "1", the small wheel 14 teeth, more than 70 teeth. Flywheel 100 mm flywheel rim of flexible material - glass fiber.
Old October 25th, 2015, 06:03 PM   #5
Trifon
Trifon

Shown in the previous figure, the design may seem fragile. The first fall of the mechanism will be damaged. A more practical version of an intellectual product. On the movable portion roller mounted strong magnets (7) (neodymium magnet). On the fixed part located coil. These coils (winding) (8) are connected by wires to a small control box, which is attached to the belt of the athlete. The box contains a microprocessor and batteries. Axial moment of inertia created by the interaction between the coils and magnets.
Read more here
Old November 22nd, 2015, 05:25 PM   #6
Trifon
Trifon

The fact that an experienced skater can be a long time to maintain balance on one roller can be sure of this is not only the video clip:
http://vk.com/video-28629894_162158077
Here you can observe not only the transient maneuvers with one wheel over generic techniques riding. The athlete performs a "slalom track" completely on one leg, one roller perfectly coordinating the position of his body. And that is typical of the location of the roller on the toe and heel of the shoe has to put his foot in a very awkward position.
It is obvious that the roll should be placed under the mid sole of the foot and make it slightly larger diameter. And for the safety of driving on the time of acquisition of necessary skills athlete roll should be fitted with adjustable friction linings. Now I manufacture this variant design. Photos of the product in the collection, as well as drawings and appearance details, I'll put here soon.
Old November 22nd, 2015, 11:32 PM   #7
CrazeeDave
Geriatric Quad Class

Default one wheel

Good video! I did like the "slalom track" performed completely one wheel.
I'm a quad skater and doing this on two rear wheels of one leg is hard enough!

________
"If the good Lord wanted us to walk he wouldn't have invented roller skates." ~Willie Wonka 1971

60 secs of Quad Vert Fun link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYJgY2PJ_vk
CrazeeDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2015, 06:15 PM   #8
Trifon
Trifon

I finish the production of skates. Bought standard unit.

Disassemble it.

All items except this can be discarded. The body parts are solidly - thick steel, good centering roller, high-quality tires.

We'll have to make such details, it is better professionally. Link to a website with the drawings will give later.

But the wheel assembly, diameter 100 mm, very strong. Steel cheeks need for interaction with brake pads that are mounted on the ridge body.

When the production of finished housing, show skate to collect.
Old December 13th, 2015, 10:31 AM   #9
Trifon
Trifon

He graduated from the manufacturer. Here are a set of components for brakes. Important smoothly, without depending on the angle of rotation of the braking torque. Covers (4) of the special friction material (used for clutch)
[img] http://rulev-igor.net/foto/IMGP2666_2.jpg [/ img]
Plate (2) is welded to the housing (6) for the spikes (3) worn brake pad (1), are planted under the plate (5). Braking torque is carried out with screws (7)
[img] http://rulev-igor.net/foto/IMGP2702_2.jpg [/ img]
The compartment (14) laid the replacement brake heel (8) of a suitable material (rubber, wood lighter)
[img] http://rulev-igor.net/foto/IMGP2714_2.jpg [/ img]
But the skate assembly
[img] http://rulev-igor.net/foto/IMGP2679_5.JPG [/ img]
When edze back to heel and may interfere.
Old December 14th, 2015, 05:39 AM   #10
bjvircks
Major Trouble

took the trash out of your links so the images would show

Old December 14th, 2015, 12:08 PM   #11
ursle
Street Skater

I was doubtful until seeing the heel pad, now I rather like them, well, a pneumatic tire would make the eyes focus more

Without the pad all I saw were lawsuits.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2015, 04:49 PM   #12
Trifon
Trifon

bjvircks, thanks for the help.
Video testing placed, when shoot .
Old December 20th, 2015, 07:50 PM   #13
bjvircks
Major Trouble

you can do this cleanup yourself by editing your posting (button at bottom of post). just delete the unneeded stuff. in this case, the [url] at beginning and end
Old December 29th, 2015, 04:10 PM   #14
Ben K

Woah cool...

I like the idea of DIY new skate concepts.

I myself plan to weld some steel plates to make a frame for 2 wheels instead of 3 or 4. Purely aesthetic, but I wanted to find out why no one makes a 2x2 wheel inline skate.
Ben K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2016, 07:16 PM   #15
Trifon
Trifon

This idea will result soon

These roller skates consist of a shoe (1) with the attached frame (2), on which the single roller (3). At the rear of the chassis, with the roller located rear brake lever (5). This lever is attached to the body via a pivot axis (8) and has at the end friction pad (9). Before the roll is placed on the housing front brake lever (4) which can rotate on the axis (8) and has at the end friction pad (9). In front of the body is friction prow (6), and on the back of the fixed friction heel (7).
Brake levers are adjusted so that they can be rotated about an axis (8), if the lower free end touches the surface on which the rolling roller skate. This friction lining (9) begins to press against the roller (3) and to brake it. The braking torque is greater, the greater the slope of the skate. In horizontal location skate brake lever does not touch the surface of the roller and drawn in the direction of arrow "A", for example, by a spring (not shown). Friction lining (9) does not touch the roller and braking default.
Moving forward role skater balance performs automatic regulator rear brake lever (5). The athlete is balancing on a free rolling roller, rolling out at random roller skate slightly leans forward with the toe up, the brake lever touches the surface of the rolling and braking torque arises immediately returns the horse to the zone of equilibrium. Riding is possible in the mode of light braking, when the effect of self-balancing acts at small imbalance both forward and backward.
When forward motion is also used by the front brake lever (4). Carefully tilt the foot forward, you can slow down the movement or perform a U-turn. With a sharp slope foot comes rolling friction ridge on the toe (6), the athlete has the ability to push off with one foot, giving additional impetus to the movement. This mode "step over" characteristic of skates on the ice and is not possible for the traditional inline skates.
Smooth braking is conveniently carried out with both skates slightly leaning back, emergency braking is more convenient to move the friction heels (7). Brake levers as shown in the figure, when lowering the heel or the toe not interfere, they are received in corresponding slots in the back heel or prow.
When moving back the role skater balance performs automatic regulator has front brake (4) lever and the rear is not used. Friction socks are also used for braking and turns.
Describes the construction of a single-line skates in their operating characteristics very close to the traditional figure or hockey skates.
On the "ice" skating is also the case of "edge" effect: at the turn of the ridge toward the heel or toe resistance movements increased by reducing the radius of curvature of the skate blade or by participating sharp trailing edge. The front and back of the blade is used similarly for braking and turns.
One-roller structure free of the main shortcomings of the traditional roller skates - reciprocal inhibition rollers on curved sections of track. The only roller skater allows to choose any path of movement corresponding to the moment the athlete's body position in space.

related materials: http://rulev-igor.net/theme_204_1.html