S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 25th, 2018, 05:37 PM   #1
kcire10

Default New Skate Set Up Review

Hello All,

I just wanted to give a rundown on my new setup: Edea Classica boot w/ Roll Line Dance Plate.

I picked em up yesterday and made it out to the rink in time to test them out. I have to say I didnít expect the setup to roll this good! Itís way lighter than my 220s with the Suregrip Super Deluxe plate and a lot more stable. I skated hard last night but didnít feel fatigued in my legs (That usually happens with my 220 setup when I skate hard). The boot is very comfortable, and it took me no time at all to break them in. As for plate performance, well, letís just say Iím amazed. The response is immediate, and I feel very stable when I play the edges. Performing tricks and spins and such were easy once I got a handle on the plate response. Because I have a bit smaller plate on the boot (size 160 plate, 290mm boot) the front wheels are a little more under the balls of my feet. I'll get used to this in no time. I did notice that while doing one-leg toe spins, I felt more in control then I did with my other skates. Even though the floor at this rink is very slippery, I managed to maintain complete control, as the plates seem to want to stay right up under me. At times, I played around to see if I could force myself to fall and most of the time, I wouldn't come close (I sometimes do this to test the limits of the setup at the time I'm skating).

The next couple of times out, my skating sessions will be geared towards really pushing the plates, learning the edges, practicing and adding more to my routines/moves, and loosening up the trucks a click here and there to see how they perform and what I'm comfortable with.
kcire10 is offline   Reply With Quote