S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2017, 02:34 PM   #1
tjyven
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 40
Default Trinity

So what do you think of the trinity frame/boot? Is that the future in skating?
tjyven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 04:29 AM   #2
panch0
Senior Member
 
panch0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miami
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjyven View Post
So what do you think of the trinity frame/boot? Is that the future in skating?
I like the triangular bolt pattern concept for the sole idea of having something more solid than 2 bolts.

However, I don't think it is at all what Powerslide claims it to be, for instance,
it is not a lower set up than what we're currently using.

I think it's extremely impractical that a great majority of skaters will switch to a 3 bolt pattern when we have so much invested in the classic 2 bolt set up! Unless a significant portion of the skating market is willing to invest their money in the Trinity concept, it will be a unique concept that will die like all fads in one year.
__________________
Hasta la Pista!!
panch0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 09:26 AM   #3
Krulle
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 16
Default

logic next step with increasing forces. But to be sure if it matters, once should measure the force on the bolts in a 2-point setup, and check if the 2point system is really getting to it's limit.
Krulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 01:18 PM   #4
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!
 
chuckboucher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Central, MA
Posts: 2,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panch0 View Post
I think it's extremely impractical that a great majority of skaters will switch to a 3 bolt pattern when we have so much invested in the classic 2 bolt set up! Unless a significant portion of the skating market is willing to invest their money in the Trinity concept, it will be a unique concept that will die like all fads in one year.
Not only skaters, but boot manufacturers. They already make different length mounts (150mm, 165mm, 195mm). TO ask them to change things up for a single manufacturer's frames would be a BIG ask.

Bont tried a 3 bolt pattern a little while back and had some success. But again, you were locked into buying only Bont boots if you went with the frames and vise versa.
__________________
Inline: Simmons & Pinnacle Full Customs | LSR Vanquish 4x110 / Simmons 4x110 | TLTF/Junk | NMB
Outdoor Quad: Bont Carbon Hybrid | Snyder Advantage | RAD Glide 70mm | Bones Swiss
Indoor Quad: Reidell 911 | Roll-Line Mistral | Corey Super Enforcers | Bones Swiss
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 01:36 PM   #5
spdkls
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckboucher View Post
Not only skaters, but boot manufacturers. They already make different length mounts (150mm, 165mm, 195mm). TO ask them to change things up for a single manufacturer's frames would be a BIG ask.

Bont tried a 3 bolt pattern a little while back and had some success. But again, you were locked into buying only Bont boots if you went with the frames and vise versa.
The biggest question is can a skater use a regular frame on the trinty boot. As a sprinter IMO, the only benefit with the triangle bolt pattern is boot flex under big force during a sprint. I haven't seen Bart on them yet cause he still likes his 125's.
spdkls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 05:24 PM   #6
MachV
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Houston, Tx.
Posts: 1,184
Default

Trinity is about the future with bigger wheels. Powerslide makes an
off road skate with 150mm wheels. Moving the mounting to the outside
of the frame makes sense.
__________________
Leroy

There's equipment for everybody, but not all equipment is for every BODY.
MachV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2017, 03:25 AM   #7
kufman
Senior Member
 
kufman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,160
Default

The system really doesn't make any sense since your ankles can't take the kind of side force that even existing boots can dish out. Inline skates do not apply much twisting force to the boot/frame joint. We mostly push directly into the wheels. If you don't believe me, try moving your frame over half and inch and see if you can still skate.
kufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2017, 11:24 AM   #8
Spencer.Berry
Senior Member
 
Spencer.Berry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdkls View Post
I haven't seen Bart on them yet cause he still likes his 125's.
Note that the PS trinity mounting system works with 3x125 as well as 4x110.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ygIwzmT2dpA
Spencer.Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2017, 01:17 PM   #9
spdkls
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer.Berry View Post
Note that the PS trinity mounting system works with 3x125 as well as 4x110.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ygIwzmT2dpA
Cool.
spdkls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.