S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Aggressive Skating Forum > Buying Skates
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Buying Skates Tips and advice about buying aggressive skates plus information and opinions about all of the different aggressive skate models.

Old June 7th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #1
Punklax

Red face looking for input on skates

Hey everyone. Been out of the game for a near decade and looking to get back into it and was hoping for some input on my thoughts and any recommendations more experienced people might have.

A little about me.

6'4 220 lb guy with size 13.5/14 clown shoes. Used to have a pair of k2 fattys that I ran into the ground after years of thorough abuse. My shoe size right off the bat hampers me for a lot of selection. My riding style is high speed street (no parks) with big gaps and stairs + the occasional rail, but not often. So I think I'm definitely looking at a 4x4 setup. Ill hopefully be doing cross city trips on them throughout the summer, so 6km runs here and there, which is another knock against anti rockers and 2 wheel configurations.

As I've been looking it seems that grabbing a pair of k2 fatty pros might be my best bet. Seems most other "affordable" options (250 or less) are geared to anti rocker default setups on their frames and to swap out/customize would blow me over the 300+ mark.

I would probably get harder wheels (90-92a) and upgraded bearings (abec 7 minimum).

Now what do you guys think about this? I'd probably grab the default setup on agressivemall with possible swap out on frames to valos teams. Is this a good setup for my style and intents? Or is there something else I should be looking at? Is there anything I'm not taking into consideration? Any help anbd guidance is greatly appreciated!! Sorry for the long post but wanted to put as much info in for you guys as possible!
Thanks guys.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 09:37 PM   #2
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

Razor. Genesys boot. Jug size 14 liner. Whatever wheels/bearings you like.

I'm 6'1 212lbs and wear a 13/14.
Old July 13th, 2011, 04:59 AM   #3
Lucifargundam

As long as you don't intend on using K2's as your long-run skates, I'm ok with it but k2 wont last forever.

My first skates were bladerunner furies and atm I'm skating Nimhs with a GC Featherlite anti setup.

here's some razor cults for $99 in size 13
http://secure.rollerwarehouse.com/item/RAZORS/CULT_B_SKATES/id/110RAZ9302/

here's the rest of the "under $100" list from Rollerwarehouse:
http://secure.rollerwarehouse.com/skates/aggressive/Under_100_bucks/tx/11%5B03%5D___+@p_%5Ba-g%5D/
Lucifargundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2011, 09:06 AM   #4
Demolishun
Aggro Member

My guess is you would do better with some version of Razors. I skated flat at the beginning, but moved to anti. I have not regretted that at all. It really depends on what you are going to skate. Definitely look into featherlites from GC. They are really good. Also, I have using only Crap bearings and now only Undercover wheels. The bearings are really fast and maintainable and the UC wheels seem to last a long time.
Old August 31st, 2011, 01:43 AM   #5
Lucifargundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolishun View Post
My guess is you would do better with some version of Razors. I skated flat at the beginning, but moved to anti. I have not regretted that at all. It really depends on what you are going to skate. Definitely look into featherlites from GC. They are really good. Also, I have using only Crap bearings and now only Undercover wheels. The bearings are really fast and maintainable and the UC wheels seem to last a long time.
I always hear bad rep about UC wheels... how long have you been rolling them?

I skate flat because they seem to give me more speed. What are your thoughts on this?
Lucifargundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 09:35 PM   #6
IW Lance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifargundam View Post
I always hear bad rep about UC wheels... how long have you been rolling them?

I skate flat because they seem to give me more speed. What are your thoughts on this?
i've rolled on UC for about 2 years. before i tried the new trinities from m1. My Undercovers lasted so much longer than any other wheel ive owned and they grip so well its crazy.
IW Lance is offline   Reply With Quote