S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old March 27th, 2018, 01:19 AM   #1
Penguin

Default introduce myself and looking for members from Wisc

Hello All, I have been lurking for some time now and just got posting privileges. So I am Bob I am 60yrs young, I skated as a teen on 2 different speed teems and then for some reason like a lot of us life got in the way in my 20s. skip ahead to 2001 and I moved and took skating up again finding a local rink 30 miles away. I had always skated quads but picked up a used pair of inlines for a local state park. Jump ahead another 5 years when I met my now 2nd wife and surprised her with a date night of skating lo and behold she had takin her kids before so new what to expect. jump ahead again to a year ago when we took it up again in earnest and I convinced her she needed her own skates and mine had either shrunk or my feet grew so we picked up some Riedell angels to get going. I have since cannibalized my old skates and replaced the nylon plates with my old sure grip super x and my old powell bones wheels. We skate every fri night and have also traveled to other rinks in the state. ok enough for now will post more later along with pics I hope
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2018, 07:59 AM   #2
Oicusk82huh

Hello and welcome. I think I can safely speak for everyone on this site when I say that we are pretty much all skate-fanatics, so you came to the right place.

Riedell's are so comfortable. You did good to use your old plates and wheels. You saved a lot of money too. How do they feel?

How far are you traveling? Don't be embarrassed. Any vacation I take, usually revolves around skating. An 80mile car ride is never out of my scope either.

How old are your wives kids? Do they enjoy it too, or are they grown now? There's a pretty big number of people that either start skating, or return after the kids are grown.

Do you still in-line skate outside?

Welcome!
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2018, 09:44 AM   #3
PRFunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
looking for members from Wisc
What rink is local to you?
http://sk842.com/places.php
SE WI skater here ~Milwaukee-ish. Sister n niece in Menasha so I've
been to Fox Valley Roller Rink in Neenah.
PRFunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2018, 11:52 AM   #4
Penguin

Thanks for the replies,
my wife who is 53 loves to skate as much as I do, we have got the kids and grand kids skating now to. Our normal home rink is Skate City in Wisc Rapids(PRFunky I didn't see it on your list) its about 40 min drive for us. We have traveled so far to Watertown 2 hr drive, and to Madison 1.5 hr drive to check out rinks and to skate. Last year I was in Lacrosse for a conference and knew they had a rink so took my skates with me and skated there also. Around 2000 I bought a pair of inlines to skate at a local state park(Roche a cri). I convinced my wife last spring to get her a pair and upgrade mine so the first time out for her she fell and broke her arm. I am not as comfortable as I used to be on inlines either especially after being taken out by a kid on a scooter one session and tearing my hamstring, but we both after healing got right back on skates. we decided to sell the inlines and are going to pick up another pair of skates for outdoor use only,
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2018, 06:37 AM   #5
hoohoorjoo

Welcome to the forum. I went on a 20+ year hiatus, only to return to it. Its great exercise and I think it keeps your mind sharp, too, with the calculated and quick decisions you have to make constantly, at least when skating a rink. I love it now as much as I ever did and now my girls love it, too.

Last edited by hoohoorjoo; Today at 03:52 AM.
hoohoorjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2018, 07:27 AM   #6
PRFunky

Default duly noted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
PRFunky I didn't see it on your list
Skate City, Wisconsin Rapids now on the list!
PRFunky is offline   Reply With Quote