S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old March 8th, 2018, 05:12 PM   #1
Skye727

Default New skates

After having Suregrip GT50's, I just got Mota Mojo Savage skates. So excited! Saved for a couple months and then had to wait 3 weeks until they came in. I tried the size 8 on and they were tight. The 9 was way too big. My right foot is bigger than the left. My big toe touches the end. It doesn't hurt. I'm afraid it will later after skating a while. I have other spots that really hurt. The shop said I could have them heat treated which I will do when I go to try them out. Will the length stretch as they are used? I need like 1 mm. I am worried I bought the wrong boot. But they are beautiful! I do dancing and will do derby. I have two different wheels for each. I just ordered the clip trucks. Any opinions on those? Thought it would be so much easier for when I change from 98a to 96a and then to derby wheels. I'm trying to get used to 98's. Almost broke my elbow two weeks ago. Might have actually fractured it but not much they can do for a tiny fracture like I think I have. How can I break my boots in fast? I only get to go 3 and sometimes 6 hours a week.
Skye727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2018, 06:34 PM   #2
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

I have a size 11.5 foot and smashed it into a size 10 vanilla boot. Like a glove now,

All boots stretch a small bit as your foot forces the boots to take on another shape.

If one is shorter stand on your tippy toes and really press your feet into the ends.

I won't lie, I wore my "too small" quad boots around the house many times before ever skating in them. I would crank them down as tight as possible and litterally beat my feet into them while watching movies, doing dishes etc. And for a while could only skate for limited amounts of time. A little while later they are a glove like fit.

Your sock thickness matters ALOT too. On the smaller foot wear a sligjtly thicker sock than the larger foot and it will help fill the extra space.