S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old August 26th, 2017, 07:46 AM   #1
larryoracing

Smile The Best Skates in the world?

https://berryskates.com/

Talk to Patricia in NY or Adrienne in FL.

1) I usually don't buy boots at a skating meet, but this year seems to be different...lol!

2) At Nationals I saw a small vendor advertising a small assortment of skating boots. The colors were wild. Things you usually don't see and especially not at a Roller Skating Artistic event.

3) One pair was not so wild, black with Gold laces. I liked that a lot...lol!
But they were cut really low, like a pair of tennis sneakers.

a) I asked what are those, pointing to the low top artistic boots with gold laces. He replied “those are 'dance' boots that have been designed with a lot of input from our top roller skaters”. Hmmmmmm.

b) I asked, “they are cut kind of low…aren’t they?” He said “yes, but they allow you to do a lot of things you can’t do normally with a taller boot”…”like toe points and such”. Hmmmm.

c) He said “try a pair on”. I kept telling myself, don’t judge a book by its cover. I couldn’t believe it, these boots fit like mittens and gave me almost the same support as the boots, I’m now wearing which are also dance specific/designed boots from another top vendor, but taller in height.

d) The next day I came back and said I want them. They sold me them, at a price I could not refuse, but I would have wait to the end of the meet to pick them up, because It was the last pair they had and they wanted to hold onto them until the end of the meet, so others could try them on.

e) When I got home I mounted them up to second pair of Roll Line Dance Plates I had but were a smaller length. I didn’t tell you but normally I buy 275 length boot and mount it on a 165 length Skate. But since these boots are built wider and shorter than normal boots, their size was 270 in length and fit perfectly on my second pair of skates which were 160 in length.

The beauty of this is I got what is called a short mount, because the boots are designed short and wide to begin width so they fit perfectly on a short skate and still having the ball of the foot over the front axel.

I have other 275 length boots on skates that are up to 170 long and they feel good also? But on the previous 270 boots mounted on a 160 length skate they felt too small and I felt myself falling over the front of the skate on swings. I didn’t like the longer boot on the shorter skate.

f) The morale of the story. The other day I skated 2 hours on a pair of skates (figure). I changed skates and skated two more hours on my second pair of dance skates.

I was really tired and realized it was my feet that were hurting and not my legs. I put my “Berry” skates on and the boots fit so nicely and comfortably I was able to skate another 2 hours.

I was so tired by the end of practice, that my legs throbbed all night for 8 hours. I could not get up the next day to go skating. But I was able to push myself an extra two hours because I had skated on boots that fit my feet perfectly.

g) Try a pair of Berry skates and tell me what you think.

The best skates in the world.

Larry O

P.S. I skate for three pros. The first pro, so my new skates and said “ Larry, at this stage of the game you need a lot of ankle support”. That is all she said. I don’t think she was happy with my new pair skates.

My second pro said “they look a little short, but what ever works”. At least he was not negative…lol! He left the choice up to me.

My third pro, said “Larry those are international type skates.’’”I have a pair similar to those.””I’m going to expect a lot more out of you, since you got these new skates”” You are going to be able to do a lot of things you would normally not be able to to.
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2017, 11:51 AM   #2
rwsz

interesting at the least, are they as short as a speed skate or in between speed and art. I never heard of them but if they are comfortable and work great. I agree with your 2nd and 3rd coach. a picture of them would be nice. I don't think u need as much ankle support as its not freestyle and also its roller not ice. good luck
Old August 26th, 2017, 11:55 AM   #3
rwsz

ok looked at your link and see them, look ok to me not as short as I thought they were, as long as they work for u great. a bit pricey I thought especially coming from argentina. but that's their top skate. did they have a lower price at nationals to introduce them to the usa.
Old August 27th, 2017, 02:40 AM   #4
larryoracing

Smile Yes, in general the price was lower at Nationals.

They had a special deal for a while on their website for 10% off and free shipping. It seems to be gone now, but I'm sure if you talk to them they can work something out with you.

The key on these boots and I guess for every boot you try. You have to try them on first. If they fit your feet you're in heaven. If the boots don't fit, I think you need to look somewhere else for your boots.

American feet and Argentinian feet are wide. So, if you have wide feet, you should look at these boots and try them on. If they feel like they are the best boots you have ever put on your feet, I think you should buy a pair.

I'm going to buy a second pair, the three eyelet boots, which are taller for figures and possibly freestyle. I'm taking a little chance here. They didn't have the exact size I needed. They only had a size 280 and it fit, but they thought I probably needed a size 275, which is different than the size 270 boot I bought for dance.

Why the difference? I don't know? There seems to be a slight difference between the manufacture of the Dance and Figure/Freestyle boots or the way they fit?

Sincerely,

Larry O and thanks for asking.

P.S. The only thing I'm going to say they are the most comfortable/stock boots I have ever worn. They are a dream to wear...sooooo comfortable!
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2017, 12:34 PM   #5
rwsz

nice sounds good to me, don't need boots, have plenty of them and they don't get any use anymore lol.