S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum > Inline Artistic
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inline Artistic Discussions about artistic skating on inline figure skates.

Old June 6th, 2017, 03:47 AM   #1
Inline Off Center

Default New to Snow White skates

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased snow white skates and I love them. Originally I started artistic skating on urban rollerblades. My question is when will I get used to using the toe pick in jumps as simple as the waltz jump for example? How should I incorporate the toe pick and what height should to toe pick be at? Thank you for your input.
Inline Off Center is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2017, 04:23 PM   #2
markwphoto

Just seeing this post but congrats on the new skates. I started in urban rollerblades and then went to the Pic Skate. It was a bit too squirrely for me and I final settled on the Atlas Inline plate (which isn't made any more). It's similar to the snow white frame but a bit more chunky/hefty in size.

It didn't take me too long to get used to the toe pick. Jumps like the waltz jump, salchow, and loop really won't use much of the toe pick at all. You can pretty much skate the edge of the wheels to get the spring you need. I would use the toe pic of course for the toe loops, flip and lutz. The toe pick can be used to assist with that last bit of umph for the axel but I'm used to quad skate axels so I don't really use mine at all on my inlines.

That being said just take your time and walk through everything slowly until you get the confidence, strength and speed when learning a new technique. My coach always told me one thing at a time and break it into as many pieces as you need until it gets easy.

BTW I think I saw you on Youtube on you urban inlines (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_6...kpfzYmZdr3KCEA). Got any videos of your new skates yet?
markwphoto is offline   Reply With Quote