S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old April 14th, 2018, 08:46 AM   #21
quantoo

Default x2 post soz

e.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2018, 08:47 AM   #22
quantoo

Default mine are regrooved now and are a tiny 59mm in dia

last night it took ages to break them reds in again but i ended up taking the stillettos off the venus plates and swapping the whites shamans over .The stilletto went back where they belonged {on to the white magnum DA45s}
Shamans do not compare with red stillettos even when the stillettos are 59mm dia and thats after skating the white shamans for 2 weeks in a row. I heard the white stillettos grip like a classic.
shame about the narows being the only ones available.
Labeda! the skate company that builds a reputation and then pulls the rug out from under itself.
Old April 18th, 2018, 01:15 PM   #23
AZSHOT

I agree, they make (made?) great urethane. I use two pairs of skates during our adult night. For most of the session, Riedell 295 with Snyder Royal plates and Orange Cannibal wheels. They will slide if you go too fast, but I don't in the sessions, or with my super loose Royal plates.

The Speed Skate is done with a different pair with stiffer plates, and the white Labeda Stiletto wheels. They feel like you are on rails! I can go down the straight at any speed (I'm one of the fastest), lean in and do about a 90 degree turn....with no sliding. No scrubbing off of speed, I can't be caught usually, except by "one lap wonders". Do they feel like they have less roll? Really, the don't. They seem as fast as the Cannibals, but better grip. The best of both worlds.

Our floor is too slick for harder than about 95A or 96A, or I'd get White Shamans to compare.
AZSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2018, 02:15 PM   #24
quantoo

Default Az funny you say that stuff

makes sense
My red stillettos with my [ok] regroove have new life now that i rebroke them in.
now they only let go on a clean floor when im absolutely being a 1 lap wonder.
I was astounded tonight on how well they gripped.
As good as the white shamans without a word of a lie {bet my house on it}.
But the red stilletto's roll better at low speeds,meaning you dont have to get up to speed and this helps conserve energy.
The 3rd reason i love the stillettos is when you hockeystop the carpark hears them fighting for grip.The shamans sort of growl whereas the stilliettos scream.
If your not fussed about skating a narrow wheel they are still available
ive had mine for about 6 years and i may get another 4 yrs out of them.
Not bad value at approximately 450 skate sessions for a $170 au at the time of purchase.works out less than 40c a session.