S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum Discussions about roller dancing, jamskating, rexing, rink session skating, dance circle skating, and similar types of recreational indoor and outdoor skate dancing .

Old January 1st, 2018, 02:09 PM   #1
Derrick

Default Cartwheels

Been doing cartwheels, cause Iím a silly old man. But do them while you can. Just some findings. The extra length on your feet makes a graceful landing harder than a land libber cartwheel. You need to bend your legs a bit to make up for it and thatís not as pretty. I do a great round-off off skate and I think that would be a better landing but a bit more guts to pull it off.

Like other rotational moves. Jumps included. An entry move helps. Do a one a one or two rev spin first to make the entry easier.

Cartwheels are definately an all guts move. Not technically difficult at all. Not prone to injury anyone (unless they are too close to you).
Old March 8th, 2018, 10:38 PM   #2
nickajshelden
Blades

I've been doing cartwheels for a long time. I can also do kips onto my skates, even landing on one foot.
Saw a guy who was at least in his 60's doing cartwheels last night. unfortunately didn't get his name. He also took a few hard falls but just got right back up smiling. I hope the rest of us are like him at his age.
Old March 9th, 2018, 01:21 PM   #3
Derrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickajshelden View Post
I've been doing cartwheels for a long time. I can also do kips onto my skates, even landing on one foot.
Saw a guy who was at least in his 60's doing cartwheels last night. unfortunately didn't get his name. He also took a few hard falls but just got right back up smiling. I hope the rest of us are like him at his age.
Iím 52 my cartwheel is better now. Itís more like a land lubber cartwheel. There was a kid who brought two females with him so he was full of bravato. He was a bit shaky on wheels though. I did a cartwheel. He said, ďI gotta try that!Ē I setteled in for a laugh! But he nailed it. Better than mine. Itís like a two foot 360 not hard just guts.
Old May 20th, 2018, 03:04 AM   #4
Derrick

Default Best cartwheel yet on thursday

Itís way best if you land on the two inside wheels first. But I still land on the flats sometimes (rounding it off a bit). But this time it was perfect. I like to enter off a spin to get my rotation better. It helps with keeping it straight up and not bending at the waist.