S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old October 15th, 2017, 11:14 PM   #81
jackbkwikn
ALTAMURA

Well your vibes are wrong.

And what are the stats for mass killings and legal gun ownership.?

Its not the crims.....

Its the mentally unstable.

Might not be unstable today but tommorow. Better look out.

I also believe in the fair go....
Old October 15th, 2017, 11:45 PM   #82
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Hey Aussies

What is up with your gun control? I remember many years ago seeing a thing about how too many Yahoos were going around getting drunk and shooting roos. I don't know much about how you guys ended up with gun control. What is the story?
Old October 16th, 2017, 12:08 AM   #83
jackbkwikn
ALTAMURA

They still shoot roos....

Port arthur massacre 30 odd died.

The then PM brought it in.

Banned all automatic weapons...Now the crims just shoot each other
Old October 16th, 2017, 04:07 AM   #84
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbkwikn View Post
They still shoot roos....

Port arthur massacre 30 odd died.

The then PM brought it in.

Banned all automatic weapons...Now the crims just shoot each other
So ONE incident set it off. (probably more than one, but that was the main one I guess?)

Not looking to act superior or anything, but I heard a pretty good back and forth, I think it was between Ben Shapiro and that blow hard Brit, Piers Morgan. Ben cited that the worst laws/policy changes are the ones based on one, or just a few incidents. I gave that a lot of thought. Seems to make sense. That is why going all bonkers over the Vegas thing is nonsense. We have 300 million guns. A bad shooting like Vegas is not any indictment against gun ownership. It is a testament to it. That we have so much self control, we aren't having 2 mass shootings a week.
Old October 16th, 2017, 07:03 AM   #85
jackbkwikn
ALTAMURA

The thing is there's no real need for guns unless you live on a farm or hunt deer/stags/bunnys .And of course you need Ak47/uzi grenade launchers.For that game.

U.S.A isnt at war ...Neither are we....
Since 1995 Australia hasn't had any mass shootings since the year of gun control laws .

And i know your country has some gun laws and it seems it doesnt work..
So does that mean you open the flood gates for anything goes...
Old October 16th, 2017, 07:48 PM   #86
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
The thing is there's no real need for guns unless you live on a farm or hunt deer/stags/bunnys .And of course you need Ak47/uzi grenade launchers.For that game.

U.S.A isnt at war ...Neither are we....
Since 1995 Australia hasn't had any mass shootings since the year of gun control laws .

And i know your country has some gun laws and it seems it doesnt work..
So does that mean you open the flood gates for anything goes...
What we have is a LOT of guns. 300 million. And there are lots of places, big cities aside, where people need protection from critters. Wolves, mountain lions, wild boar, bears, and even the gentler stuff like deer or moose can become a problem from time to time. In out of the way places, where a call to police will mean an hour wait, you need protection from two footed critters as well. We also carry the notion that all these people with all of these guns are a way to ensure the government does not try and trample our rights. Kind of the crux of us becoming our own nation back in the day. The Crown getting a bit overzealous with taxes and such. So the notion of us having a PROBLEM with guns is, to me, a bit off. With all of the guns we have, the fact we don't have a mass shooting weekly says we are good with them. These big shootings only come around once in a while.

Now California is big on gun control. But guess what: The Ca lawmakers don't want any restriction on them having guns. So when folks say we are crazy to say we want guns to keep Government in check, well, we are seeing it right now in Ca. The state does not want US to have guns, but the Lawmakers want guns. I don't think so. We all get our guns. Then nobody messes with nobody. We can all shoot back.
Old October 17th, 2017, 09:38 AM   #87
quantoo

Default alright maybe im jumping the gun about vibes then

Quote:
Well your vibes are wrong.

And what are the stats for mass killings and legal gun ownership.?

Its not the crims.....

Its the mentally unstable.

Might not be unstable today but tommorow. Better look out.

I also believe in the fair go....
Thats good you do "the fair go thing"
The stats on legal gun ownership shootings vs illegal I couldnt find them because the "news" very very rarely states that the murder or shooting was done with an illegal firearm ,which to me rings alarm bells .But your welcome to try and find those figures and help the debate.
Some aren't mentally unstable until they turn to crime through drug abuse.
Believe me when i say ive seen people lose their jobs and turn to crime to support a habbit and then have a gun put in their hand as a tool to support the habbit.Some others are biker gang NOMS that do the risky work to protect the full fledgelings.
So you are right about not being unstable today but look out tommorrow,but im betting more than 50% are not legal licenced gun owners.
Firstly to legally buy a pistol you have to have a collectors licence or a higher grade licence and we all know chopper reed and the pistols he packed,so im counting on most pistols used in shooting people arent owned legally by the shooter.Lots of melbournes crims carry pistols,One bloke a boronia boy from the 80s had one in car one night when i heard his name over the police scanner, when he was younger and not so rough he used to party and ride dirtbikes with us .But meth amphetamines in the form of speed introveniously in high doses all the time warps your judgement.So the story goes i stayed outa jail and hes lived half his life in there.One of the guys i worked with in 2000 was getting into the ice at work and also got a couple of other workers hooked on it, he was severely repromanded for stealing and everyone turned against him when all workers privilledges were lost.The people he hung with had pistols under the seats of their cars.
One guy in the early ninetys {wont mention his name} was the nicest bloke youde ever meet but just wanted to be a respected bad guy .5 years later his old mean fsounding nickname was changed to mild man and he was also packing heat.
Going by the people ive met that seek illegal firearms i think no law will stop them from obtaining and using them for crimes.
So the govt has taken away peoples choice to use equal force, Unless the good law abiding citizen turns criminal he cannot match the firepower of an outlaw.

I didnt want to show you this but its a good read and at one stage i read the story of the brittish army ballistix experts oppinion on port authur.
It still may be in their somewhere and this site has got me into serious trouble hence my reluctancy to show it before https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/ so if you can find that story which was given to every member of the sporting shooters of australia after the port authur mass killing and also was removed from news agency shelves go for it. As if what this guy said was is true then its not the banning of semi autos at all that stopped another massacre since port aurthur.

Last edited by quantoo; October 18th, 2017 at 11:17 AM.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:45 AM   #88
fierocious1

https://www.allenwest.com/2017/10/19...ilent-suspect/
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote