S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum > Group Skates
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Skates Discussions about night skates, organized skate tours, skating party weekends, and similar group social skating events.

Old July 24th, 2014, 03:27 AM   #1
purlingwood

Default Any Albany or Kingston NY Skaters out there

Seeing if there's any local people who visit Guptils, purling, rollarama, woodnwheel, 209 skate, or Oneonta.

The nice thing about living in the middle of nowhere is they're all about the same distance away.
purlingwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2014, 02:40 AM   #2
Oicusk82huh
Skating 35 years

Hello! Sweet. I live in Highland and sometimes skate Wooden Wheel. I'm a slalom skater and am trying to get a slalom community going in my neck of the woods. Rollermagic is the better scene around here, because Saturday night all the old school hot dogs come out and skate. They're all on roller skates, I'm on inlines, sometimes we trade skates and have a blast. What type of skating are you into?

We are starting a slalom scene Tuesday nights at 7:30 at the Caboose on the Highland side of the Walkway Over The Hudson. Beginners totally welcome. The Walkway Over The Hudson is FANTASTIC for inlines. I've also invited some of the local derby girls to skate slalom after their Tuesday night practice is done (sometime in August). Seriously, check out Rollermagic Saturdays 7:30. But be sure to check website at times they close for Derby.

On another note...Central Park Dance Skate Association on weekends 2:45-6:45
Sooooooo fun! If I'm not at Rollermagig on Saturday nights, I'm usually there. Close by the dance circle is slalom.

Honestly I set up cones at the Walkway almost every weeknight 7:30, but always Tuesday with rain day Wednesday 7:30. Stop by!
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2014, 03:05 AM   #3
purlingwood

I'll have to check out rollermagic. I have not skated outdoor yet. I use dominion hitop quads. I mainly session and a bit rhythm skate. I tend to prefer the older music than some of the kids stuff that is played.

I do very informal derby. When it's too crowded to do rhythm, I keep up with the kids in the fast lane. More crowded and fast, the more fun it is.

I picked up some real soft zen radars on abec 7's for outdoors. I'm waiting for some riedell hitops I won on ebay to come it to put those outdoor wheels on. I really should pick up some pads If I'm going to try outdoors.
purlingwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2014, 09:48 PM   #4
Oicusk82huh
Skating 35 years

Oh yeah, the music there REALLY sucks. I'm never without my iPod (like everyone else), everyone's dancing to different music, but it's still fun. Tomorrow will be Central Park for me, not Rollermagic. There's MANY quad skaters in the park for dance skating. Pads are good. I bought some volleyball knee pads for outdoors, they're less cumbersome, and I actually broke my arm in three places WITH hard pads on (years ago-skate park). If you haven't and your committed, check out CPDSA on weekends. It's a great way to spend the day. My favorite part is skating back to Grand Central through the city at night. I forgot how fun that is. You'll love skating outdoors. I spent my entire childhood on crappy K-mart quads skating outside all day long. The derby girls want me to do derby, but I'm too skinny, I think I'd break, what's your take on derby? I've never actually gone to a match. Anyway, I'm just blabbing now. I feel like I never grew up, I got a job to support my compulsive skating habit. Nice to meet you.
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote