S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    


Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name


Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum > Inline Artistic
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inline Artistic Discussions about artistic skating on inline figure skates.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:02 PM   #1
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,007
Default New Italian & Brazilian guys going to worlds..

Marco Vitto (Junior worlds No.2 in 2005, Pairs) will compete in Taipei at the world championships.. I saw him skate while I was in Italy and he was very good.. He'll definately be one of the top guys aiming for a medal.. Very nice to watch, very good on his feet and difficult jumps... good spins too..

also Diego Dores (Brasil) who has placed in the top 5 of senior worlds before will be competing.. He was great at the championships in Sth America with lots of big jumps.. he is a HUGE threat!! Watch out for him!!
rolaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:58 PM   #2
rwsz
Senior Member
 
rwsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: mass
Posts: 6,700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolaboi View Post
Marco Vitto (Junior worlds No.2 in 2005, Pairs) will compete in Taipei at the world championships.. I saw him skate while I was in Italy and he was very good.. He'll definately be one of the top guys aiming for a medal.. Very nice to watch, very good on his feet and difficult jumps... good spins too..

also Diego Dores (Brasil) who has placed in the top 5 of senior worlds before will be competing.. He was great at the championships in Sth America with lots of big jumps.. he is a HUGE threat!! Watch out for him!!

cool looking forward to watching worlds. do we know when it will broadcast if at all and what the times will be like?
__________________
Ciao Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2008, 04:03 AM   #3
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,007
Default

first time for both of us in the Inline forum rick!!! haha.. dont really know much about Taipei, even whether or not they will have webcasting!!! did u know all the hotels are like 45mins to 1hr from the stadium!! and that is not in peak hour traffic!!!! oh dear!!
rolaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:47 PM   #4
rwsz
Senior Member
 
rwsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: mass
Posts: 6,700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolaboi View Post
first time for both of us in the Inline forum rick!!! haha.. dont really know much about Taipei, even whether or not they will have webcasting!!! did u know all the hotels are like 45mins to 1hr from the stadium!! and that is not in peak hour traffic!!!! oh dear!!

gee that sucks on the hotels, are they downtown taipei? i might have stayed in a couple of them back in the day lol. i read the inline, didnt realize it was my first post here lol. but for you 3 time inline world champion i am surprised as you know more about competing on them then anybody.
__________________
Ciao Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 01:54 AM   #5
Arthur Lee
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
gee that sucks on the hotels, are they downtown taipei? i might have stayed in a couple of them back in the day lol. i read the inline, didnt realize it was my first post here lol. but for you 3 time inline world champion i am surprised as you know more about competing on them then anybody.

2008 Worlds is held in Kaohsiung city, not in Taipei, so the hotels are not downtown Taipei.

Check here about Kaohsiung city. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaohsiung

The competition venue is at the gym of I-Shou University, located in the suburb of Kaohsiung city. 40 minutes drive (one way) is expected.

Arthur
Arthur Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 02:09 AM   #6
rwsz
Senior Member
 
rwsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: mass
Posts: 6,700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Lee View Post
2008 Worlds is held in Kaohsiung city, not in Taipei, so the hotels are not downtown Taipei.

Check here about Kaohsiung city. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaohsiung

The competition venue is at the gym of I-Shou University, located in the suburb of Kaohsiung city. 40 minutes drive (one way) is expected.

Arthur

Arthur thanks for the info, how far is that from taipei?
__________________
Ciao Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 03:26 AM   #7
Arthur Lee
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
Arthur thanks for the info, how far is that from taipei?

It's about 220 miles downsouth Taipei. Highway drive takes about 4.5 hours from Taipei to kaohsiung. By Bullet train (Taiwan high speed rail) it takes only 1.5hrs. Bullet train is scheduled every 20~30 minutes and is very convenient.

Welcome to Taiwan!

Arthur
Arthur Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 12:31 PM   #8
rwsz
Senior Member
 
rwsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: mass
Posts: 6,700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Lee View Post
It's about 220 miles downsouth Taipei. Highway drive takes about 4.5 hours from Taipei to kaohsiung. By Bullet train (Taiwan high speed rail) it takes only 1.5hrs. Bullet train is scheduled every 20~30 minutes and is very convenient.

Welcome to Taiwan!

Arthur

thanks i took the bullet train in japan from yokohama to toyko years ago, it was cool.
__________________
Ciao Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 04:41 AM   #9
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
thanks i took the bullet train in japan from yokohama to toyko years ago, it was cool.

I took the bullet from Tokyo to Akita in `04 and the whole time I was thinking, 'when is this gonna bullet'... it never seemed that fast at all.. and i dont think it was to be honest.. hmmmm
rolaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 09:02 PM   #10
doppioritt
Senior Member
 
doppioritt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Italy
Posts: 101
Default Marco Viotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolaboi View Post
Marco Vitto (Junior worlds No.2 in 2005, Pairs) will compete in Taipei at the world championships.. I saw him skate while I was in Italy and he was very good.. He'll definately be one of the top guys aiming for a medal.. Very nice to watch, very good on his feet and difficult jumps... good spins too..

also Diego Dores (Brasil) who has placed in the top 5 of senior worlds before will be competing.. He was great at the championships in Sth America with lots of big jumps.. he is a HUGE threat!! Watch out for him!!

Hi, the correct name is Marco Viotto, trained in the past by Ruben
doppioritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 07:57 AM   #11
Wendy Hammond
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppioritt View Post
Hi, the correct name is Marco Viotto, trained in the past by Ruben
Will we get to see him at Cup of Europe in Trieste?
Wendy Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 12:22 PM   #12
rwsz
Senior Member
 
rwsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: mass
Posts: 6,700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolaboi View Post
I took the bullet from Tokyo to Akita in `04 and the whole time I was thinking, 'when is this gonna bullet'... it never seemed that fast at all.. and i dont think it was to be honest.. hmmmm

just smooth and doesnt feel like it,,,,i think over 80 miles per hour and up
__________________
Ciao Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #13
doppioritt
Senior Member
 
doppioritt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Italy
Posts: 101
Default Viotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Hammond View Post
Will we get to see him at Cup of Europe in Trieste?

yes, he is in the Italian team

IN LINE
MASCHILE
VIOTTO MARCO 102 SKATING CLUB ODERZO
FEMMINILE
MARANGONI SILVIA 102 - SKATING CLUB ODERZO
doppioritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 05:17 PM   #14
Wendy Hammond
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppioritt View Post
yes, he is in the Italian team

IN LINE
MASCHILE
VIOTTO MARCO 102 SKATING CLUB ODERZO
FEMMINILE
MARANGONI SILVIA 102 - SKATING CLUB ODERZO

Edward and Peter Hammond (UK) will be competing again - do you know of anyone else for inline - will Eric (France) be competing?
Wendy Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 10:12 PM   #15
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Hammond View Post
Edward and Peter Hammond (UK) will be competing again - do you know of anyone else for inline - will Eric (France) be competing?

Yes, Eric will be.. h'es in fine form.. saw a clip on youtube of him.. very nice.. also the guys from Taipei will be in for sure and I think there is one from the US too.. plus the others from around Europe... should be 10-15 or so..
rolaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 09:15 AM   #16
Molydomancer
Senior Member
 
Molydomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolaboi View Post
Yes, Eric will be.. h'es in fine form.. saw a clip on youtube of him.. very nice.. also the guys from Taipei will be in for sure and I think there is one from the US too.. plus the others from around Europe... should be 10-15 or so..
I think Wendy was asking about the Cup of Europe, not the World Championships inline event. I think the Cup of Europe is restricted to European competitors only so the inline event is likely to be quite small.
Molydomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 10:39 AM   #17
Molydomancer
Senior Member
 
Molydomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 363
Default

Wendy

I have found the following the timetable for the Cup of Europe:

http://www.fihpfvg.org/europa08/pdf/...ver.1_com6.pdf

This contains the following information:

Concours Programme Court In-Line Dames et Messieurs (exp.4)

I am not sure but I think the (exp. 4) means there are four competitors - if so it's your two sons and the two Italians.
Molydomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:11 PM   #18
Wendy Hammond
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molydomancer View Post
Wendy

I have found the following the timetable for the Cup of Europe:

http://www.fihpfvg.org/europa08/pdf/...ver.1_com6.pdf

This contains the following information:

Concours Programme Court In-Line Dames et Messieurs (exp.4)

I am not sure but I think the (exp. 4) means there are four competitors - if so it's your two sons and the two Italians.
Many thanks for this info. It almost reads as if ladies and men are competing together however this goes against regulations so surely it can't be!?!?
Wendy Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 12:43 PM   #19
Arthur Lee
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Hammond View Post
Many thanks for this info. It almost reads as if ladies and men are competing together however this goes against regulations so surely it can't be!?!?

NO!! They couldn't mix ladies and men together for competition. It must be separated into ladies and men groups. I think the schedule there just says the ladies and men competitions will share that specific peirod of time. After all, performance for only 5 skaters won't take too much of time at all.

Mens: Edward Hammond, Peter Hammond (UK)
VIOTTO MARCO (Italy)
Ladies: MARANGONI SILVIA (Italy)
Viviana Iparraguirre De las Casas (German)

Athletes' names need final confirmation.

Arthur
Arthur Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 12:48 PM   #20
Arthur Lee
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molydomancer View Post
Wendy

I have found the following the timetable for the Cup of Europe:

http://www.fihpfvg.org/europa08/pdf/...ver.1_com6.pdf

This contains the following information:

Concours Programme Court In-Line Dames et Messieurs (exp.4)

I am not sure but I think the (exp. 4) means there are four competitors - if so it's your two sons and the two Italians.
It's (exp. 5) now!! Check below:

http://www.fihpfvg.org/europa08/pdf/..._ver2_com7.pdf

The more the better, if those very late entries can be accepted.

Arthur
Arthur Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.