S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum > Inline Artistic
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inline Artistic Discussions about artistic skating on inline figure skates.

Old June 17th, 2016, 11:05 AM   #1
stellarpower

Default Snow Whites vs Pics

Hello everyone!

I know this will have been asked before, so apologies, but I figured (no pun intended) that things will have changed since then.

I am a beginning ice skater who is looking to practise off the ice on artistic inlines, but I would also be interested in taking up artistic inline as a separate sport. I am currently working between Skate UK levels three and four (which seems to be somewhere between USFSA's Adult 2 and Adult 3 grades) so am really not that far in, however I don't want to spend a lot of money an inline frame that potentially I then outgrow in a year and a half. I'd be very grateful if any of you would be able to tell me from experience what difference the PIC 'Professional' frames (994 and P-73) makes over the 'Performer' frames (894 and P-53). Is it just the build quality and weight or is there a difference in the shape of the frame?

Also, in your opinions are three wheels better than four? Of course, right now I'm a beginner , but if the frames are going to last a number of years, I'd probably rather get a higher-performance one if it's not going to hinder me now, so that if I get to that level I won't have to go out and buy another. I hear that most high-level competitors these days are using Snow Whites, and my feet are too big for the three-wheeled Pics so it's between the traditional Pics and the Snow Whites. Is there a big difference in spins and tight edgework, etc. with the three wheels over the four? I don't think I'm too fussed about the weight of the frame as I'm tall and quite heavy, so the difference is likely to be negligible.

Also, any other advice you have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot
stellarpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 05:35 PM   #2
stellarpower

Quick update, just got off the phone with the Pic people, apaprently there's no difference between the frames, would be nice if the site mentioned that, the Professional outfit is the same as the Performer, but with the ball Pic instead of the cylindrical one, and the Geneva wheels installed. So one can buy the performer outfit and fit a ball Pic and vice versa.
stellarpower is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pic, pics, snow white, snow whites