S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old May 10th, 2017, 09:30 PM   #1
zowenso

Default Sure grip plates that match up holes?

Hello. I just won a pair of skates off of eBay that have sure grip super X7 plates on them. Would you be able to tell me if a different style plate would match the same mounting holes as the sure grip super X7? For instance the sure grip probe plate? I'm not a fan of the silver plates and would like a black plate and I'm hoping a different style may match holes so I don't have too re drill the boot. Also, is there a way to tell what size the plates are that I have coming? I know the size of the skate, but not sure the plates are the right ones for the size. Will they be marked in some way to tell me the plate size? If I can find plates that match holes, I'll have to know what is on there. Thanks. Owen
zowenso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 07:53 PM   #2
dvw
Secretary of Skate

Yeah, don't count on finding a plate that will line up. Even if they do, there's nothing saying that the plate will be in the correct location.

Drilling a boot is not difficult. Measuring is the hard part, only because you have to be meticulous.

The plate is a Super X and the size is a 7. What size is the boot?

If you just want a black plate, there's nothing stopping you from taking that one off and painting or powder coating it. If they're used, you're going to want to take them down and inspect/clean them anyway, so what's one more step. While you're there, install reverse kingpins and replace the cushions. Simple and not expensive at all.
Old May 12th, 2017, 01:27 AM   #3
zowenso

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvw View Post
Yeah, don't count on finding a plate that will line up. Even if they do, there's nothing saying that the plate will be in the correct location.

Drilling a boot is not difficult. Measuring is the hard part, only because you have to be meticulous.

The plate is a Super X and the size is a 7. What size is the boot?

If you just want a black plate, there's nothing stopping you from taking that one off and painting or powder coating it. If they're used, you're going to want to take them down and inspect/clean them anyway, so what's one more step. While you're there, install reverse kingpins and replace the cushions. Simple and not expensive at all.
Awesome. Thank you for the response. Yeah I've been thinking about the process of redrilling the boot and how tough it would be to do. I'm far from an experinced roller skate tech. I know I'd mess it up and don't want to ruin the boots, since it took me years to find them on eBay. The boot is a size 10. They are the kind I grew up with in the 80s. Bauer Turbos. They have a plastic boot. The ones i just won on eBay (I don't hve them yet) were converted from ice skates. I hope the person did the plates right.

But yeah, I've been thinking about painting or powder coating them. The plates look like new. As far as the king pins, could you provide a link to what you mean? So, what? The king pin will feed in through the top of the plate? Also, what cushions do you recommend? I'd like to replace the king pins for sure. Thanks a lot!!!
zowenso is offline   Reply With Quote