S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old May 3rd, 2017, 10:54 AM   #1
Dekindy

Default Labeda Fan Jet Hubs

Found some red or pink(did a forum search and found some that were pink), have only seen picture on internet, Labeda fan jet wheels. Did a forum search and did find one comment about wheel slippage and that the Vanguard might be better but then found a classified ad titled Vanguard/Labeda fan jet hubs. Unable to find very little information so posting here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/255019874522491/
Could not figure a way to get picture on here so you have to scroll down page a little less than halfway. It is a May 1 listing from Michael Elsbury(Anabolix).
Dekindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 04:36 PM   #2
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekindy View Post
Found some red or pink(did a forum search and found some that were pink), have only seen picture on internet, Labeda fan jet wheels. Did a forum search and did find one comment about wheel slippage and that the Vanguard might be better but then found a classified ad titled Vanguard/Labeda fan jet hubs. Unable to find very little information so posting here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/255019874522491/
Could not figure a way to get picture on here so you have to scroll down page a little less than halfway. It is a May 1 listing from Michael Elsbury(Anabolix).
Let's quantify this whole hub thing simply...OK I lied. Nothing simple about it. There are a crap ton of different (but similar) hubs for the Vanguard "Fan Jet" wheel. Labeda was a come later knock off. But of these flavors there are
1) Wide thin wall. These were used in the Fan Jet Long Mile and similar. They are too wide to be used in the common fan jet tire.
2) Regular thin wall. These are lighter and machined thinner. I have no idea why but have run across 3 or 4 sets over the years.
3) Regular Mod 0 hubs. The most common older type, no splines on the od of the hub. May be polished or anodized, and not necessarily OG that way. May or may not be drilled.
4) Regular mod 1 hubs. Same as the earlier w/ splines on the outside. May be polished or anodized, and not necessarily OG that way. May or may not be drilled. BTW the hubs that Michael has posted on fb are the later gen hubs w/ the grooves. If ya want red hubs, those will be dandy assuming there are no defects.
5) Plastic.

There was also an aftermarket hub made down in Waynesburg PA, beefier w/ a different inner profile. The Faster non drilled hub is a clone of that wheel.

Then we have the modern or Repro hubs.
1) Corey Skates Enforcers. There come plain or drilled and fit the old tires.. (Pro tip: Ditch the old tires if you are looking for max performance. Nothing out there comes close to Scott's thane.) NOTE: The Super Enforcers are NOT interchangeable with the olde school Fan Jet tires.

2) Faster. I have only checked a couple of sets. Seem to do the trick.

3) Anabolix. Never had my hands on any.

As far as slipping tires.. That is trpically a result of old thane. The hubs really had little to do with it.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 05:37 PM   #3
Dekindy

As always, thanks much Doc Sk8!

Any suggestions on what color Corey Scott's wheels would look good with these hubs?
Dekindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 06:14 PM   #4
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekindy View Post
As always, thanks much Doc Sk8!

Any suggestions on what color Corey Scott's wheels would look good with these hubs?
Sorry, I am the wrong guy to be asking about what colors "look good" on sk8 gear. Let's just say I have what a lot of folks consider to be weird taste in such things.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 07:34 PM   #5
dvw
Secretary of Skate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
3) Anabolix. Never had my hands on any.
I have. Indistinguishable from the Fasters. Creative makes them both, same as the OG Vanguards.