S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Beginning Skaters Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beginning Skaters Forum This is the place for beginning skaters to ask questions and share their stories. We would love to hear about your experiences learning to skate. No question is too dumb!

Old March 10th, 2017, 10:48 PM   #1
MikeyPanoz

Default Getting back into the sport. Gear questions!

What's up guys I just have a couple questions for anybody willing to share some knowledge! I recently got back into inline skating and I have a bit of experience and I'm very skeptical about the skates I bought. I purchased the zetrablade by Rollerblade and though they are a good fit and extremely comfortable I don't know if the frames are going to hold up as I am already jumping 4 and 5 stairs and small gaps on them. The wheels seem to be okay but the bearings are absolute junk. Should I stick with the frame and boot and just upgrade my wheels or should I return them while I can and just grab an overall better skate? The Internet doesn't have very many expert reviews yet it is cluttered with what I find to be useless information. Any info will help! Thanks skaters!
MikeyPanoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2017, 03:20 AM   #2
larryoracing

Smile I would upgrade.

But I know nothing about inline skates. If they were quads, I would buy the best you can afford.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2017, 02:29 AM   #3
4ofus

I would use them until they need replaced. A good set of wheels and bearings cost more than the entire skate.
4ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2017, 04:28 PM   #4
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default Look at the Aggressive SubForum

Hi

Here is a link for the latest question in that forum

Make sure you get the Harbinger Gloves, and Skates that are made for running down rails. The A Forum has lots of videos that I saw years ago with all kinds of jumps and street skate jumping. Wish I could give you the one video it is awesome. We even have a park in Boston and where I am for Aggressive Skaters. I love the one of a guy running down a rail hitting a sign with his face at the bottom. Poor planning yet still fun.. as he turned and looked at the camera and said "What?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel.NoMates View Post
Hi Gang,

Considering constructing a backyard ramp. Looking for advice regarding transition radius vs flat length. What is the 'sweet spot' for quads??

Nigel.NoMates
Yours in Skating and Welcome.
Old March 14th, 2017, 11:41 PM   #5
shesk8

Zetrablade is a very entry level skate with composite frame. The frame will eventually fail when subjected to jumping, etc. It's really marketed for beginners and just tooling around the park.

If your primary use is aggressive / urban / street skating, I would suggest getting into an urban/street skate that's built to take a little abuse: RB twister series or RB's metro series with aluminum frames. Or, as alternate the Seba FR series skates.

Just a side note: It's our shops policy to not to take back used goods, as we cannot assure customers have not damaged/caused issues, nor can we resell items as new. So retailers take a loss in these situations. I am not sure where you purchased, but just be forewarned the place you purchased from may not allow returns once items used. But, for a $99 skate, you can most likely resell on a used skate gear page and recoup your invested cost.
shesk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2017, 09:54 AM   #6
Oicusk82huh
Skating 35 years

I second Shesk8. Good advice. You're going to kill those frames! The wheels will be toast in about a month.
I'd recommend looking at Powerslides as well.
They all come with solid sturdy frames, better wheels and bearings. Good luck. Sounds like you love skating.
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote