S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old July 25th, 2016, 03:47 AM   #1
jiscarg08

Default How do Roll Line toe stops work for jumping?

I currently have Roll Line Variant M plates, with standard grey toe stops. I've been struggling a bit with getting my jumps high enough to reach my doubles, although I'm very strong. Since buying a new plate is not an option for me right now, I was wondering if there is actually a huge difference between the standard's compared to the super professional's or the super jump, in jumping higher. Has anyone been through any of these?
jiscarg08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 11:12 AM   #2
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiscarg08 View Post
I currently have Roll Line Variant M plates, with standard grey toe stops. I've been struggling a bit with getting my jumps high enough to reach my doubles, although I'm very strong. Since buying a new plate is not an option for me right now, I was wondering if there is actually a huge difference between the standard's compared to the super professional's or the super jump, in jumping higher. Has anyone been through any of these?
the supers give u a little more bounce and are better for jumping a bit but the height is really how u bend your knee and your technique, remember to go fast and jump up in the circle and not try to jump out or back. good luck
Old July 25th, 2016, 04:04 PM   #3
inverse137
www.sjsartistic.com

For singles and doubles I don't think the toe stop will give you that much more of a benefit. I would focus more on technique.

With that said, I like roll-line toe-stops, but like roll-line wheels, the toe-stops wear really quick.

The things I used to do on Snyder toe stops I won't do on roll-line toe stops because they wear so fast. I was doing sprints with the kids, skate flat out to a line, stop hard, sprint back, repeat. By the end of the race I could smell the rubber burning on the roll-line toe stop.

However, I also would not use Snyder toe stops again. When I first came back to skating I purchased some Snyder toe stops to replace my 20 year old petrified ones. I did a double mapes and next thing I know Im on my butt against the boards. The head of the toe stop is rolling around and the bolt is still in my plate.

You are limited to metric threads with your variant so use roll-line. It's only a $20 cost difference for the Super Jump but don't expect 6 inches of height improvement just because of a new toe stop.
inverse137 is offline   Reply With Quote