S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum Discussions about roller dancing, jamskating, rexing, rink session skating, dance circle skating, and similar types of recreational indoor and outdoor skate dancing .

Old January 11th, 2016, 08:31 PM   #1
Tuesday Girl

Default Christmas Skate Video

Tuesday before Christmas a handful of us dressed a little Christmassy for the rink. The young guy who took one picture did not get our feet in the picture! Seriously? We have skates on! Anyway, one of my friends took his phone out and got a little video. At first, as usual, I thought he was just snapping a picture. But as he moved it down to my feet, I realized he was doing video. This is an old costume I made back in about 2009, but the new addition for this year was shiny red skate boot covers and white furry cuffs! Video doesn't show the awesome fabric on the boot covers, but it's still fun!

Skate Video at:

https://youtu.be/SWUnofN6_cE]

Picture:

[IMG][/IMG]
Old January 12th, 2016, 06:08 AM   #2
Rink Rat
Rhythm Skater

Love skating to that song. Nice moves, and you look faaaabulous!
Rink Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 06:35 PM   #3
Derrick

Default Nice video

Wish we could all do more video. I skate that style a lot. But I noticed a nice little shuffle in there that I'll definately steal.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2016, 01:35 AM   #4
danomite33

Very nice and thanks for sharing. I think it is really cool that you make and wear costumes for skating. mmmmm, gives me ideas!!! Images of a pirate or Popeye are flashing through my head.

I yam what I yam.
danomite33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2016, 01:50 AM   #5
Tuesday Girl

Thanks for not thinking I'm too weird!!! I know I'm a "bit" of a show-off , but dressing fun, or dressing up, for a themed Holiday or dressing sparkly for the rink is all part of my skate night for me! It simply makes it more fun. You might find me in cute jeans on a rare occasion, but NEVER sweats or T-shirts! Sometimes crazy tights, Shiny Indian pants, skirts, dressy flowy pants, cute shorts and skirts in a he summer, and always jewelry! But that's just me.
Old January 14th, 2016, 10:56 AM   #6
Derrick

Men have a bit more (looking for an adjective here) restrictions (probably not the right onerobably not an adjective either).

But, I go with wide red and blue laces that my daughter sewed together for me. Matching toe stops:red. White or blue wheels. Jeans but not necessarily blue. And always a loud t-shirt. Red white and blue, homemade tie-die, sometimes a pic on the shirt but nothing cliche. O yes, and matching socks, but the new trend is they don't have to match each other.

Nothing too over-the-top, just fun.

Last edited by Derrick; January 14th, 2016 at 11:38 AM. Reason: m
Old January 15th, 2016, 01:55 PM   #7
Derrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
Wish we could all do more video. I skate that style a lot. But I noticed a nice little shuffle in there that I'll definately steal.

So the "Toe Forward Moon-Walk" I call it that as opposed to picking up ones foot and moving it to the front while traveling revrse. (I call anything that steps forward while traveling reverse a Moon-Walk".

So anyway, in the Tuesday video The move in question I'll name the "Toe Forward Moon-Walk with a Shuffle". I tried it. My toe forward is very smooth (I can do it on-time, half-time, or double-time depending on the song, it's awesome to mix it up in the same song and same dance sequence). But the shuffle I'm trying to steal was quite clunky for me yet.

I'll get it yet. Keep the videos comming. I need some more stuff to steal. Staring at people in session to steal their moves may be rude. .not that I'm going to quit or anything, just saying.