S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Derby Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Derby Forum Discussions about banked-track and flat-track roller derby events, teams, skaters, and training methods.

Old January 7th, 2015, 05:35 PM   #1
Slingblade22

Default Murillo Skate Boots Feedback

I've been window shopping Brooklyn Skate Co.'s Murillo boots for about a month. I keep looking for feedback and reviews, specifically about the fit/stretch over time, and the break in process. I have turned up practically nothing. Does anyone skate these right now? What are the deets?

I currently skate on a leather Bont Hybrid Carbon. When I first got them almost two years ago, they were perfect. They have since stretched so much that my foot pretty much slides on its side while taking turns, and I can stick my hand in my boot at the ankle...on both sides. I'm looking for something more narrow and supportive at the heel/ankle, while still keeping a wider toe box...

Does the Murillo meet that requirement?!
Slingblade22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2015, 03:22 AM   #2
dvw
Secretary of Skate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblade22 View Post
I currently skate on a leather Bont Hybrid Carbon. When I first got them almost two years ago, they were perfect. They have since stretched so much that my foot pretty much slides on its side while taking turns, and I can stick my hand in my boot at the ankle...on both sides.
Know nothing about the Brooklyn's, but you should be able to heat mold some of that slop out of your Bonts in the interim.
Old January 11th, 2015, 03:10 AM   #3
Slingblade22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvw View Post
Know nothing about the Brooklyn's, but you should be able to heat mold some of that slop out of your Bonts in the interim.
That made a noticeable difference. I thought they were too far stretched for it to help. Thanks.
Old January 17th, 2015, 01:27 PM   #4
Slingblade22

I can't believe no one here skates these!

I just got mine mounted Thursday (short/forward avenger mag) and they feel like a dream....around the house.
We'll see how they feel during a 3 hour practice though.
Old January 17th, 2015, 04:38 PM   #5
dvw
Secretary of Skate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblade22 View Post
That made a noticeable difference. I thought they were too far stretched for it to help. Thanks.
Glad that helped. The resin in those boots should take multiple moldings, assuming something doesn't get just completely smooged out of shape, so don't be afraid to adjust them again if required.
Old March 2nd, 2015, 03:02 AM   #6
VSH80

I have a teammate that had a pair of Brooklyn boots but lost toe nails all the time. She has since replaced them with Bonts and never looked back.

Hope they work out better for you!
VSH80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2015, 05:54 AM   #7
Slingblade22

Update on this thread for anyone who may read this in the future:

I skated the Murillos from January to April, and put in lots of time and effort, but I just couldn't make them work. The "no break in time" thing...is not a thing. I actually had to remove grommets from the lace eyelets because where the boots lace is directly on the side of the toes (as opposed to further up on the top of the foot with my bonts) I was getting severe blisters.

The tongue is thick and attached at the most imperfect position they could have chosen. I had these boots stretched twice just to cut down on the pressure and rubbing from the seam on top of my toes and it didn't work. (Note: the boots did fit length wise) The seam was thick and jagged and just seemed poorly constructed. Same with the upper trim around the ankle. The seam where the boot is attached to the trim is thick and sticks out pretty far. Lots more blisters for me.

I do want to add though, the shape of the boot and the fit (minus all the details of the seams and eyelet placement) especially around the ankle (for support) was pretty good. If not for those above mentioned things, I could have definitely made the switch.
Maybe they'll work better for someone with a super narrow/skinny foot.

Definitely back in my Bont boots.
Old October 12th, 2015, 04:54 AM   #8
Acid Burn
Rollerskatin' Parts Wench

fYI, anyone interested in Murillo boots, they've ceased production for the time being. Not sure if it has anything to do with the Klingbeil skate boot company shutting down and one of the craftsmen moving to Texas or somewhere like that. I did see on the Klingbeil facebook page that they posted a picture of the Murillo boot and called it a Klingbeil roller boot, not sure if it was before or after Bonnie Thunders had launched Brooklyn Skate Co.
Acid Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2015, 02:55 AM   #9
DiceyRiley

I just got a magic deal here in Aus for a pair of them and they remind me of my very old speed skate boots from the 80's. The tight toe box will take a bit to get used to but I believe these will work out after a little bit of breaking in time...think I will try the Boen Derby Plate this time around
DiceyRiley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
murillo skate boots