S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Derby Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Derby Forum Discussions about banked-track and flat-track roller derby events, teams, skaters, and training methods.

Old December 11th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #1
darksquid
Shootin' Annie .45

Default Antik sizing, AGAIN, sorry!

Sorry for yet another sizing question, but I can't try a pair on my size, so need to go by measurements alone.

Folk who have bought Antiks - how accurate did you find the size chart here: http://www.rollergirlskates.com/antik-boot-sizing.aspx ??

My feet are exactly 10 1/4", which according to the Antik size chart, puts me between a 6 and a 6.5, and they advise to size down.

While I prefer a snug boot, this seems awfully small, as I wear a 9.5 US ladies and a 7.5 UK ladies shoe. My size 7 Sure Grip XL95 are on the very snug side.

Thanks!
darksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2011, 05:35 PM   #2
elemental
I Whistle at Derby Girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksquid View Post
Sorry for yet another sizing question, but I can't try a pair on my size, so need to go by measurements alone.

Folk who have bought Antiks - how accurate did you find the size chart here: http://www.rollergirlskates.com/antik-boot-sizing.aspx ??

My feet are exactly 10 1/4", which according to the Antik size chart, puts me between a 6 and a 6.5, and they advise to size down.

While I prefer a snug boot, this seems awfully small, as I wear a 9.5 US ladies and a 7.5 UK ladies shoe. My size 7 Sure Grip XL95 are on the very snug side.

Thanks!
i just got a pair for my better half. she wears an 8 US womans shoe, 7-riedell, and a 6 in the antik ar-1.
elemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2011, 05:41 PM   #3
Salamanda

It works for me. My feet are bang on 26cm (10 1/4" I think???) long and I fit a 6.5 perfectly. The 7's had just a little bit too much room in the toe box. That being said I wear a UK ladies 6 or 7 (European 39/40) so I'm not sure how that works out for you, seeing as you seem to wear a bigger shoe size generally Ideally I'd wear a 7 or a 7.5 in Riedells (US sizing).
Old December 11th, 2011, 06:48 PM   #4
darksquid
Shootin' Annie .45

Thanks, guys. I'm thinking the 6 will be too small in that case.

I go for slightly larger street shoes because my feet are ridiculously flat and really wide at the front, despite the fact that I have skinny ankles. I'm hoping the heel lock system combined with the split last of the Antiks will give me a good fit.
Old December 11th, 2011, 09:51 PM   #5
big-red

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksquid View Post
Thanks, guys. I'm thinking the 6 will be too small in that case.

I go for slightly larger street shoes because my feet are ridiculously flat and really wide at the front, despite the fact that I have skinny ankles. I'm hoping the heel lock system combined with the split last of the Antiks will give me a good fit.
the folks at wicked skate wear were quite happy to accept a foot tracing with measures on and judge your size that way. i dont really trust heel to toe measures on their own.
Gay Fawkes #511
big-red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2011, 09:51 PM   #6
Mallory Hard-Knox

If it helps I wear a size 6 UK shoe and my 5.5 Antiks fit great.
Mallory Hard-Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2011, 10:52 PM   #7
Shelberry

I was a US size 9 before kids and now a 10 in most shoes. I went for 8 in my Antiks and TBH I think I could have gone a 7.5. They are really comfy and my feet don't slide around etc, but I get a little bit of heel lift if they're not laced just right.

HTH's

eta - I put in about my shoe size changing because I might really be a 9.5?
Shelberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2011, 11:44 PM   #8
Acid Burn
Rollerskatin' Parts Wench

I wear a mens 6 in Riedell (265s anyway) and a 6 in Antiks.... probably no help but my feet are really odd.
Acid Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2011, 01:08 PM   #9
Insane Bolt

I'm a UK 6.5-7 and my size 6.5s fit me perfectly I think, another teammate is a 7 and her 6.5 antiks fit her perfect too. And another teammate is a UK 6-6.5 and her 6's fit her perfect too. We all got pretty lucky with the sizing! So, it tends to be 1/2 a size down from your UK size. I would say the size 6 would be too small for you!
Nathan at DerbySMACK is always helpful with sizes & international shipping, and knows the Antik sizing pretty well.
Insane Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #10
darksquid
Shootin' Annie .45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Bolt View Post
I'm a UK 6.5-7 and my size 6.5s fit me perfectly I think, another teammate is a 7 and her 6.5 antiks fit her perfect too. And another teammate is a UK 6-6.5 and her 6's fit her perfect too. We all got pretty lucky with the sizing! So, it tends to be 1/2 a size down from your UK size. I would say the size 6 would be too small for you!
Nathan at DerbySMACK is always helpful with sizes & international shipping, and knows the Antik sizing pretty well.
This is helpful, thanks. It's all helpful This, combined with more research and remeasurement, makes me realise I am actually an Antik 7.

Cheers, everyone!
Old December 12th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #11
moonshadow
Chaotic Good

I found the Antik sizing chart to be inaccurate. I measured at 10", which on the chart put me at a size 5.5. I got them in and they were too small, really scrunched my toes. I went up a whole size from that and am happy as can be. I maybe could have gotten away with only going up a half size, but the 6.5s are extremely comfortable (though I'm getting some rubbing on my inner ankles). I would be very hesistant to recommend using that sizing to anyone.
Old December 12th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #12
ShellLillian

The size chart seems to have worked for me.
It says I'm a 4, and when I tried on 4.5s they were just the slightest bit too large, so a 4 should fit perfectly.
Of course, they were too wide at the heel, but that is because I have some of the strangest feet on the face of the earth.
Selina Vyle #321
Nike Jr. Mercurial Victory II/Magnesium Avenger/Super Reds/Jukes or Canns.
ShellLillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 09:40 PM   #13
Reckless

I have been told that Antiks are made by Riedell. They are based on the 126, 265, 965, 1065 family. So if you know your feet fit any of that family then you'll require the same size as that.

Reckless
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 09:45 PM   #14
ShellLillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
I have been told that Antiks are made by Riedell. They are based on the 126, 265, 965, 1065 family. So if you know your feet fit any of that family then you'll require the same size as that.
Not true at all.
Their sizing runs differently, even though they are manufactured by Riedell.
Not only are they much narrower than that family of boots, I've noticed that people typically go one size down for Antiks from what they usually wear in Riedell.
Selina Vyle #321
Nike Jr. Mercurial Victory II/Magnesium Avenger/Super Reds/Jukes or Canns.
ShellLillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 09:55 PM   #15
Poobah

Built from entirely different lasts, it would seem. I haven't heard anyone say that they fit exactly like any Riedell boots, other than folks "just supposing." Though really, Riedell doesn't really have a standard fit anyways.
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 02:55 AM   #16
kimmie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
Built from entirely different lasts, it would seem. I haven't heard anyone say that they fit exactly like any Riedell boots, other than folks "just supposing." Though really, Riedell doesn't really have a standard fit anyways.
+1 None of the pairs I've had or tried on fit anything like Riedell boots and I agree Riedell doesn't really have a standard fit anyways.
kimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 03:01 PM   #17
darksquid
Shootin' Annie .45

Just to report back - I ended up going for a size 7 and they are perfect. So thanks, everyone I'm going to mount them to my Invaders tonight. (Now, anyone in the UK want to buy some size 7 XL95s? Mounted once to size 3 Invaders and in excellent nick!)

So, for anyone who is interested, my feet are about 10 1/4-1/3" long, I wear a US size 9.5 and a UK size 7.5. Going down half a size from your UK ladies size and two and a half sizes down from your US ladies size seems the way to go (at least for me?? YMMV)

That chart is inaccurate!
Old December 20th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #18
Poobah

On the upside, there are a fair number of Antiks on eBay that are "barely skated ten laps." Lots of people are buying them in the wrong sizes and getting stuck with 'em. Including customs... Could make for some great savings once there's more accurate sizing information available.
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 12:42 AM   #19
kimmie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
On the upside, there are a fair number of Antiks on eBay that are "barely skated ten laps." Lots of people are buying them in the wrong sizes and getting stuck with 'em. Including customs... Could make for some great savings once there's more accurate sizing information available.
Exactly! I have had a size 6, a 5.5, a 5 and a 4.5. The 6's are what I should wear based on the sizing chart and they were a little too big for me. I like my boots tight and my toes touching the end. The 5.5, 5 and 4.5 are all pretty much the same size. The sizing charts are not accurate and the sizing is all over the place just like with Riedell boots
kimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:38 PM   #20
Bombs
Phoenix Derby

Why do you worry about sizes that arent true to fit.. Just order bonts with your feet tracings and get skates that fit Just my two cents !
Bombs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antiks, sizing