S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old August 11th, 2016, 08:30 AM   #1
larryoracing

Smile OF Camel.....

Well, I have been back skating for 2.5 months now. A club member and it seems I go to practice almost every day. Lucky me...LOL!

But I really think all the Dance Practice, edges and lessons have really increased the strength in my legs. At times I go skating for days and I seem to be really sore for a week. But lately it seems I can go skating almost everyday and the legs seem to recoup. I guess the good Lord is on my side.

The other day I felt it was time to give the old OF camel a try.
Traveled the camel for 3 revolutions, spotted it and got a good two revolutions, before loosing the edge. I am coming along and its neat to see I might have a good OF camel in due time.

Sincerely,

Larry O and happy skating. Be careful!

P.S. I called up the Freestyle coach and she said it would be a pleasure to give me a lesson. Lucky me....
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2016, 10:00 AM   #2
Ancient1

Go Larry,
You have me pumped. I have a big smile for you... Go Larry Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryoracing View Post
Well, I have been back skating for 2.5 months now. A club member and it seems I go to practice almost every day. Lucky me...LOL!

But I really think all the Dance Practice, edges and lessons have really increased the strength in my legs. At times I go skating for days and I seem to be really sore for a week. But lately it seems I can go skating almost everyday and the legs seem to recoup. I guess the good Lord is on my side.

Traveled the camel for 3 revolutions, spotted it and got a good two revolutions, before loosing the edge. I am coming along and its neat to see I might have a good OF camel in due time.

Sincerely,

P.S. I called up the Freestyle coach and she said it would be a pleasure to give me a lesson. Lucky me....
Old August 11th, 2016, 10:00 AM   #3
rwsz

thats good on the legs, have fun with it.
Old August 11th, 2016, 10:34 AM   #4
Nostalgic

Glad the legs are strengthening up. Good luck with the camel. Sooner or later we're going to expect a video.
Nostalgic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2016, 10:51 AM   #5
Derrick

Quote:

Sincerely,

Been trying that on the spin trainer. But what is the proper entry on skate.

I can already arebesque ROF and turn to LIB without dropping the balance leg. Would it be easier to set that and cammel spin IB? I can spiral any edge, either foot.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2016, 12:42 PM   #6
larryoracing

Smile Thanks for all the replies and now for Derrick...LOL!

Quote:
“Been trying that on the spin trainer.”
What is a spin Trainer” and by the way Derrick, glad to see you posting…LOL! Keep it up. We are all proud of you. You are very entertaining if you haven’t noticed.
Quote:
“But what is the proper entry on skate.”
For you Derrick, because you spin in the opposite direction is LOB to ROF Camel.

Quote:
“I can already arabesque ROF and turn to LIB without dropping the balance leg.”
Derrick, maybe for you a LIB camel is the way to go.
That LIB camel might be a better spin for you.
If you can get on edge…LIB and hold the arabesque position for three revolutions on a spot and not travel the spin that is a legitimate LIB camel.
Quote:
“Would it be easier to set that and cammel spin IB?”
Yes, for you the LIB would be a “natural” spin for you.

Quote:
“ I can spiral any edge, either foot.”
That is good and good luck!
If you keep trying and don’t mind falling 100 times on your face you will get you the LIB Camel.

Just for your information I fell on my face about 10 times the other day trying to perform one good LOF camel.

It only becomes impossible when you stop trying. Keep the faith and God Bless!

Sincerely,

Larry Otani
Old August 11th, 2016, 06:52 PM   #7
Derrick

Quote:
What is a spin Trainer”

That is good and good luck!
If you keep trying and don’t mind falling 100 times on your face you will get you the LIB Camel.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani
Why stop now. Besides its a short fall from that postion. But I don't get three rotwtions yet.

Anyway a spin trainer is just a thin piece of board rounded on the bottom so you can spin on tile floors. It's really for ice. Ancient One pointed out that I was spinning on the wrong edge on it. There's no real edge just where your foot pressure is. So I have been making sure I start my IB with pressure on the OF and move to IB correctly now. It now helps my spin on skate, but I'm afraid it was pulling me off because before because it allowed me to do it wrong.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2016, 08:41 AM   #8
larryoracing

Smile Hope you get a private lesson some time.

Derrick,

I know at our rink the pros (teachers) are always teaching new skaters how to spin and jump at a very low level...the student takes a private one on one skating lesson with a professional to improve his or her skating.

I think you are at the point that a pro could really help you.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani

P.S.

The reason I mentioned about falling and not giving up, is I feel in order to learn a lot of these tricks one will have to fall a lot to learn the new trick.

Today I worked on the axel and fell a lot. If you are not willing to fall and get hurt you won't be able to learn these new tricks.