S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old June 24th, 2016, 08:15 AM   #1
larryoracing

Smile Does anybody have any favorite Dance they like or would like to learn?

I have been looking at all the Dances, because I really have no idea what dances I will eventually skate in competition. I assume it will be the Esquire A dances, solo but it could be something in Veterans or Masters...lol!

Just don't know where Bob will eventually take me.

But in the mean time I have been looking at a lot of the Sophmore A dances and they seem like a lot of fun, although I can't even get one complete round of dancing around the rink on any dance, yet...lol!. I'm still working on it.

But, as I look at all the dances I have skated and would love to skate sometime, my skill level takes me to the International Waltz. Since I'm not a Gold Proficiency test skater, I really think the International Waltz would be fun to skate with a partner or really without a partner..LOL!

Does anybody else have a favorite dance they would like to skate with a partner or not or would like to learn?

Sincerely,

Larry O
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 08:39 AM   #2
Nostalgic

It used to be that nobody skated the International. Everybody skated the Continental instead. I have always liked the Flirtation if I had a partner which I rarely did.
Nostalgic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 01:17 AM   #3
Ancient1

I second the Flirtation Waltz but only with a partner. Then again, I am a waltz person and then second a tango person. But the coolest to me is the Flirtation waltz.
Old June 25th, 2016, 07:35 AM   #4
larryoracing

Smile Dear Nostalgic,

I find it I amazing that in your day all the girls were taken. Although they had many teams in the South, I guess that meant most of the girls were taken and some boys were left out.

I guess I was in a unique time back in the 70’s in my little skating rink where there were not that many boys. Many had quit skating, some went to college and those that were left were not many, I was one and I had a partner that I had skated with for a while. There were other girls and many, but I know my pro always gave me a reason why most of them were not right for me.

I was lucky to have a partner, but I did not realize it at the time. I even asked to stop skating with Anne and amazingly my pro/the rink owner/Manual Lopez said “Ok”. And I did not skate with Anne anymore.

But, one of the last dances I did skate with Anne was the Flirtation Waltz and I have to admit I loved that dance and I was lucky to skate with Anne. I remember her asking, “Can we skate this dance?”, because we had just learned it and it was considered a difficult dance.

I remember thinking “Anne, just shut up and dance”. I never told her that, but I guess she thought if I could skate it with out tripping her, life would be Ok. Amazingly we did not trip, except for maybe once…LOL! But that didn’t scare her. She continued to skate any dance I had the guts to try…Lol. I wasn’t that brave sorry to say.

The key to that dance was always to skate directly behind the girl/tandem and never get off track. Have perfect unison with her moves and mine. You mimic the girl’s steps when you skate tandem/the Flirtation Waltz. Those were the days. I have this strangest feeling I will never skate any of those dances with a girl again. So I guess I’m lucky to have the memories…LOL!

Larry O….. and happy Dance skating.

Old June 27th, 2016, 10:36 PM   #5
PACAskater

Default What dances would I like to learn?

All the dances that I have forgotten!

I'm learning the foxtrots as of late. I love the deep edges. I find them very challenging...both to stay on pattern and stay on my feet!

I got a copy of the dance patterns and their descriptions. When time finally allows, I hope to sit down with it and find them on Youtube to do a little extra studying!

T
PACAskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 07:45 AM   #6
larryoracing

Smile It looks like you are going to become a very fine Dance Skater.

Larrk "O"