S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum Discussions about roller dancing, jamskating, rexing, rink session skating, dance circle skating, and similar types of recreational indoor and outdoor skate dancing .

Old September 6th, 2015, 06:11 PM   #21
dmacalak
8x16 Helps me get around

Sounds good to me, we are good weekends and non school days. I would enjoy this so much. The sooner I know about it, the easier it is for me to make it happen.
Old September 16th, 2015, 01:27 AM   #22
dmacalak
8x16 Helps me get around

Default Ideas

Anyone come up with any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas about a location yet? LET'S DO THIS!
Old September 17th, 2015, 11:26 AM   #23
Derrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacalak View Post
Anyone come up with any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas about a location yet? LET'S DO THIS!
Looks like the weekend before thanksgiving is good. I can travel any day so does anyone else have any preferred days?
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2015, 12:59 PM   #24
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Friday/Saturday close to thanksgiving @ Orbits in Dayton/Huber heights? I cant usually do sunday adult skates unless a holiday falls on a monday like labor day, or there is a holiday on the sat/sunday, which we absorb it on the next work day so my sunday night is freed up.

Id like to do a public session first somewhere. This lets me bring "the H-town crew" since many of the people I skate with are under 18
Old September 18th, 2015, 03:53 PM   #25
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default Not True MAYBE on Mort's comment

Hey ALL,

Stopped redoing my deck for bit, and will enter this tread for a bit. May not be back to check up on stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishrob View Post
You must not have skated on the West Coast. Shuffle/rex skating and jam skating go hand in hand. Very rarely do you see someone who does one and not the other.

For your enjoyment/education:
https://youtu.be/r7gRo10nOgU
Haven't seen your link, yet for Mort's comment, I will TEND, only tend to support it. Mort might seem to be right because East Seaboard great Shuffle Skaters normally have so much fun going forwards and doing tricks THAT backwards would be like the DULL!!.

BTW. West Coast hasn't impressed me yet in anything I have seen on line. Now I have seen personally some great Kansas skaters on weird wheels.

That Rex skating is just backwards that a standard talented gal 12 yr old can do. Don't see the big deal. Now give me the Lindy on Skates!!

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
P.S. Again for anyone new please do not PM me. My PM box is full and I do not have the time to work it. Sorry..
Old September 18th, 2015, 04:07 PM   #26
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Wink Jam Skating is OK, Yet Rink manager challenging

Hi,

Back to your note. The O.P if you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
At the anual Employees "Come to Jessus" meeting o-o Well he wants the DJ/Floor Guards to teach the kids shuffle skating. But not Jam Skating because "Jam skating has a bad reputation". WTH??? I'd be thrilled to be a good Jam skater. o - o
I have seen this same aversion (dislike) for Jam Skating or doing cartwheels or back flips on quads or InLines at Rinks. The few times I have seen it, it kind of boggled me since the kids were great skaters. My guess,only a guess is that it has to do with liability law. Now you will not hear a rink manager/owner say that I am afraid of law suits SO they have to make up another story. o-- - - o Like Jam Skaters that can stand on their heads while on skates and then morph into a toe dance on skates are not skaters. Again I do believe this is a Cop-Out by the management/owners. OK to be honest I understand why they might be afraid and for such a small number of customers. .[/QUOTE]

Quote:
o - o "Toe Jam" . "Toe Jam"?? gross, I hate it when I get toe jam in my skates.
You have to buy some 3M scotch brite to clean that stuff off your wheels

Yours in Skating.
Old September 18th, 2015, 10:11 PM   #27
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Im not saying the guys in the video rob linked are bad at what they did, but everything seems rushed, like they were trying too hard.
Old September 19th, 2015, 05:31 PM   #28
dmacalak
8x16 Helps me get around

Default Let's Skate

I have no problem with Orbitz or anywhere to be honest. However Orbitz is tiny compared to the rink we skate. Not that I am fast or anything it just always seems as if I am turning. I might be able to work something out with the manager @ our home rink Kettering of Skateworld and see if he will let us stay an hour late or something for just us. I will definitely have my son, so 18+ for me is out of the question unless I can find a sitter. Anytime is good for me the love for skating has come back and I am bored when we aren't doing it. Looks like shuffling wouldn't be my thing, it looks like it's kind of off beat and being a DJ I just have to stay on beat or I feel sloppy. Now I know a few double ups or w/e but I always get back on beat, I don't know maybe I am just too OS. Let's arrange something fellows/fellowettes!
Old September 19th, 2015, 07:50 PM   #29
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Orbitz is tiny? Uh, ok. Our rink barely fits a derby track on it with 20 feet at the ends.

I have a crew of younger skaters, ages 11 to 17 so adult night isnt important to me. What I tend to enjoy is a crowded rink. People = cones.

Any weekend, im down.
Old September 21st, 2015, 11:23 AM   #30
Derrick

Default How about Sat Nov 21 in the day time in Kettering

I don't mind teen night in my home rinks where eveyone knows me, but I prefer a smaller crowd. Once we get a place and time we should start a new thread in case anyone else wants to come.
Old September 21st, 2015, 11:31 AM   #31
Derrick

Quote:
I don't mind teen night in my home rinks where eveyone knows me, but I prefer a smaller crowd. Once we get a place and time we should start a new thread in case anyone else wants to come.
Or we could do both. Start in the the day and anyone who wants to stay for the evening session certainly could.
Old September 21st, 2015, 01:52 PM   #32
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

I like large crowds because everyone skates a bit differently and there is more likely hood that someone will have a skill or movement that you dont know. Then theres always people to skate around.

I have a very good sense of my surroundings/awareness. Im good at knowing where my feet are i relation to other skaters. So theres not really such a thing as too crowded. Our rink is small compared to Orbitz in Dayton. We pack over 150 people on a floor that is the size of most larger rinks centers.

Im down for a Friday and Saturday skate weekend. It doesn't matter to me where we go, what size the rink is, or the floor conditions.

I'm 3 hours from Kettering.

I presume their floor rules aren't silly. Such as they won't have a problem with backwards skating.

There will be at least 4 skaters with me. If not 7 to 8 if we take 2 cars.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 11:25 AM   #33
Derrick

Quote:
I have no problem with Orbitz or anywhere to be honest. However Orbitz is tiny compared to the rink we skate. Not that I am fast or anything it just always seems as if I am turning. I might be able to work something out with the manager @ our home rink Kettering of Skateworld and see if he will let us stay an hour late or something for just us. I will definitely have my son, so 18+ for me is out of the question unless I can find a sitter. Anytime is good for me the love for skating has come back and I am bored when we aren't doing it. Looks like shuffling wouldn't be my thing, it looks like it's kind of off beat and being a DJ I just have to stay on beat or I feel sloppy. Now I know a few double ups or w/e but I always get back on beat, I don't know maybe I am just too OS. Let's arrange something fellows/fellowettes!
Lets go ahead and nail it down to Kettering on Saturday Nov 21. Dmacalk, can you pick a good time since it's your home rink? Then we'll get this posted on a more obvious thread, see if we can get some more takers.
Old September 26th, 2015, 06:50 PM   #34
dmacalak
8x16 Helps me get around

I will talk with the manger tomorrow and see what I can come up with and we will make it happen. Looking forward to it! Just throwing this out there too, I know Sundays can be rough but they have a 12 - 9 session for those dang skating freaks from Huntington Or if you guys want we can make a weekend out of it. Maybe we can hit Castle's. Then two more places. I might be able to borrow a mini van and get us where we want to go around here. I will make anything work almost

Last edited by dmacalak; September 27th, 2015 at 06:55 AM.
dmacalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2015, 02:37 PM   #35
Derrick

Default Lets do friday night then see how we feel for saturday.

I'm going to post this to a new thread to see if we have anymore takers.
Old November 16th, 2015, 10:15 PM   #36
Derrick

Quote:
I will talk with the manger tomorrow and see what I can come up with and we will make it happen. Looking forward to it! Just throwing this out there too, I know Sundays can be rough but they have a 12 - 9 session for those dang skating freaks from Huntington Or if you guys want we can make a weekend out of it. Maybe we can hit Castle's. Then two more places. I might be able to borrow a mini van and get us where we want to go around here. I will make anything work almost
I have two takers and another member is bringing 9 are you still comming. I have a room near Kettering. We are still firming up which rinks to visit. Hope you are still able to make it.
Old November 17th, 2015, 08:54 PM   #37
Derrick

Quote:
I have two takers and another member is bringing 9 are you still comming. I have a room near Kettering. We are still firming up which rinks to visit. Hope you are still able to make it.
Looks like Kettering on Friday at 5:30 pm.
Old December 8th, 2015, 01:55 AM   #38
mass_quads
Addicted

I stumbled across this video today and instantly thought of this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSB9DDTCJlw
mass_quads is offline   Reply With Quote