S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old December 28th, 2017, 10:44 PM   #21
quantoo

Default how the hell did you get all this together?

jjjust happened max a ppiece from here and a ppiece from there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bQzkdK2ha0i
A few times I had the honer af working with a guru that made the prototypes off the top of head for testing steering and suspension.
his creations looked like yours but worked so good they are still using them today, but the office workers had to make sure the machines were dressed up before anyone outside saw them.
That guru turned 100years old a couple of years ago.he was 90 when i worked with him.
He was still working 2-3 days a week last i heard.
I take my hat off to ya for all the effort to bring something unique to the table its credit to you.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 11:54 PM   #22
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantoo View Post
jjjust happened max a ppiece from here and a ppiece from there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bQzkdK2ha0i
A few times I had the honer af working with a guru that made the prototypes off the top of head for testing steering and suspension.
his creations looked like yours but worked so good they are still using them today, but the office workers had to make sure the machines were dressed up before anyone outside saw them.
That guru turned 100years old a couple of years ago.he was 90 when i worked with him.
He was still working 2-3 days a week last i heard.
I take my hat off to ya for all the effort to bring something unique to the table its credit to you.
You would not believe how much industrial crap I have lying around here.... In the past I did not get a bike for Christmas, Daddy didn't have any money. We were poor. I wanted a bike badly and finally got one, an old one that needed a lot of things but it worked. The spokes were loose, so when something failed, I would look around and try to trade lunch money for parts. Most of the other kids had junked out better than I had. Later on after getting a little older(12 I think), found out there was an illegal dump nearby. Found lots of bike parts that kept my junker working well.
Later on, needed a motor for my truck and by then had background in motors. Bought a 267 v8 for $25(good crank), picked up a 350 std block that had the starter mount chipped off the block(pistons and rods) and a set of rebuilt heads(traded for). Found another 350 block with a bad crank but nice smooth bores. Put all the right parts together and my motor went over 100k miles. I spent around $300 rebuilding it.
So parts come in handy if you can realize where you can use them. So I try to keep the right parts. I may get more than I need but, I strip the stuff down and put away the good stuff, trash the junk.
Yep, a piece here, a piece there is about right too.
These guys,
http://ardun.com/ferguson_streamliner.htm
Ferguson Racing, the old man is gone now. He worked all the time even in his late age. He had a passion for speed, he also had a passion for figuring out the issues preventing him from getting to his goals, world records.
I lived next door to his shop in Wilminton CA. I didn't have to pay rent, the house was his too. It was crazy to see what he did to motors that he was interested in. He would cut them apart in the shop to inspect and "know" what part did what and where the clearances were, passages... etc. No wonder his old antique inline 6 cylinders would make over 700hp with injectors.

Well stick around, the best is coming up last..... The wheel/bearing tester just got an upgrade....... It will be a few weeks getting some stuff I need together to do this. Looks like I will be having to make a special frame to stabilize everything as well.

I sometimes have questions, I need the answers. I end up going to great lengths to get the correct answer. Most of my friends that have knowledge in many areas are gone now. Not necessarily answers to questions on my projects but sometimes people can inadvertently say something that can get your mind looking into other directions to help get the answers.

I needed to know about the plates and pivot angle/caster. Built it to get answers from the plates themselves, no theory, but actual physical answers. Same for the cushion tester. Cushions do act similarly to springs, but not exactly. Had to know that I was interpreting correctly what my feet were telling me about cushions. They did.

A lot of cushion testing is coming up too. Just not right away. So cushion testing is on hold for now. Got to get the last skate project up and running..

Last edited by fierocious1; December 29th, 2017 at 03:43 AM.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2017, 10:35 PM   #23
quantoo

Talking And 1 day you might get a nights sleep

I cant see how you make enough time to do all that .
My first bike was a second hand bike shop do up and i was 12 ish also.
My sisters 5 and 3 yrs older than me got thier first bikes too that christmas.the older 1 got the oldest sister that already left homes bike off the shed roof and it was done up by the bike shop . I started skating around that age.
Life was good back then.
Im most interested in the bearing / wheel testers results,which will probably mean egg on my face for believeing bearins are a noticible difference.
Im not worried about being proved wrong thats like therapy for me.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2017, 12:13 AM   #24
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantoo View Post
I cant see how you make enough time to do all that .
My first bike was a second hand bike shop do up and i was 12 ish also.
My sisters 5 and 3 yrs older than me got thier first bikes too that christmas.the older 1 got the oldest sister that already left homes bike off the shed roof and it was done up by the bike shop . I started skating around that age.
Life was good back then.
Im most interested in the bearing / wheel testers results,which will probably mean egg on my face for believeing bearins are a noticible difference.
Im not worried about being proved wrong thats like therapy for me.
I can come up with way more stuff to build than I'll ever have time or money to build.
Old December 30th, 2017, 04:36 AM   #25
Joey
Powerslide Hardcore EVO

Dude...that is AWESOME!

Now GO SKATE!!