S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum > Outdoor Trails
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Outdoor Trails Tell us about your favorite outdoor skating trails.

Old November 10th, 2006, 08:37 PM   #21
Jon B.
Adamant Jello

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
ha ha ha NO GREEK two years in a row!!! (hmm, I bet he sneaks it in just after the event )
Yeah, the little Greek guy with the sombrero, that's the place! JB
Jon B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 12:38 AM   #22
Jessica
Queen of the Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon B. View Post
Oh great! Now I have one more thing to lament Saturday night while I'm cleaning tush! Enjoy your dinner! ........and keep thinking about me at work! JB
Now I see it - I must have just passed over this and not accepted it. I still will not accept it

I'll call your work and tell them your fever is so terrible you can't even speak.
Old November 13th, 2006, 02:47 AM   #23
Jon B.
Adamant Jello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Now I see it - I must have just passed over this and not accepted it. I still will not accept it

I'll call your work and tell them your fever is so terrible you can't even speak.
What a concept! Why didn't I think of that! JB
Old November 19th, 2006, 06:22 PM   #24
Jon B.
Adamant Jello

Nov 18, Sat: Pinellas Trail, St. Pete to Tarpon Springs - me, Napalm, Jessica, Buzz, Ken, Lenny & Dewi, Don P., Rich B., John J., and about 110 others you never heard of. (or did I miss somebody?)
An awesome days event - NOT A RACE, just a fun skate......although a little faster fun for some than others. Probably 34 miles on a brisk but beautiful Florida day with great company, and probably just a touch more "wind in the face" than most of us would have wished for. I'd say the prize of the day has to go to Dewi! Relatively new to the skating scene, or at least at this level, still on 4x80 fitness skates and she glued herself to the pack for the full tilt. My understanding is she's still breaking in her 3 point 100 Bonts which is sure to be scarey this summer. Good job to all of you, love your company. Thanks to Bill Jackson's for providing such an awesome outlet.
30 miles recorded on Garmin, including most street crossings, in 2:15 for an average mile of 4:30, average speed 13.3 mph. Best mile (for me) 3:40 @ 16.3 mph, worst mile 5:14 @ 11.4 mph. Only 2 sub 4's, 7 in 29.43, 1/2 marathon in 58:00, marathon 1:59:00. Some really impressive teamwork. Steady output from the slower ones, steady suppression by our lightening bolters. Many out to "celebrate" afterwards, SOME OF US had to get to work. JB
Old November 19th, 2006, 09:57 PM   #25
gbo
once faster than a wocket

Jon B. wrote:
Quote:
Many out to "celebrate" afterwards, SOME OF US had to get to work. JB
Hope for Disney that you'll be able to join us for the apres skate. Sounds like a great run.
gbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 01:18 PM   #26
Jon B.
Adamant Jello

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbo View Post
Jon B. wrote:
Hope for Disney that you'll be able to join us for the apres skate. Sounds like a great run.
Ahhh, now Disney! That's an entirely different story! My new accrual is effective April the 1st, 20 more days of paid time off!! JB
Old November 20th, 2006, 02:20 PM   #27
Jessica
Queen of the Mile

Had a great time again - it was cold, but worth it! Not as many skaters showed up this year

I did pass out a lot of cards though, so hopefully we'll have some new forum visitors soon.

Pictures
Old November 20th, 2006, 04:08 PM   #28
LezSk8

Location: Longwood, Florida, 1 1/2 miles from the Seminole Wekiva Trail.

My holiday break began sooner than I had planned. The Bill Jackson Pinellas Trail Skate was going to be my reward for a year of grulling training (HaHa ). But a strained right knee and groin last Wed. on a 12 mile warm-up skate started my holiday break early. I tried an easy 4 miler on the Friendship Bridge Friday afternoon and it was obvious that a 34+ miler the next day was not going to happen for me. Resting the knee and starting again in January is the present plan.

I did greatly enjoyed hobnobing with a bunch of great skaters at Friday's pasta dinner and Saturday's BBQ. Good to see Jon B, Jess, Buzz, Don P. Rich B., Carol S., and Janice. I got to meet some new skater friends too like Charles Calandra who was the first skater to finish with his buddy Brandon. They started the skate at 10:04 am and pulled into the BBQ area about 12:40 pm. Carol S. (for "Skates") was the first gal a few minutes later. Great work considering the 15 mph headwind and numereous street crossing. The good vibes of the finishing skaters rubbed of on me and I'm chomping at the bit to get on the trail again.

My next planned skate event is Miami's Great Eskate. Until then, I'll keep "rollin' on the Forum."

LezSk8!
Old November 22nd, 2006, 03:14 PM   #29
ldskater
Tha Dark Vaypor

Better Late Than Never.

Pictures from the Pinellas Trail Skate and Sunday Morning Skate.

http://members5.clubphoto.com/lenny3...95/guest.phtml
ldskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 03:52 PM   #30
Jessica
Queen of the Mile

Sweet pix