S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old July 21st, 2017, 04:05 AM   #1
larryoracing

Smile New Skate Build?

Although there are tons of skates and boots out their I’m excited about mounting up some skates I have had for about 6 months now.

When I first got them I was very depressed. The best America could do could not compete with the Italians/Roll Line in my opinion.

I have pair of Synder “Speed/Royal” plates with titanium axles and king pins. When I first got them I was depressed because the skates were so heavy. I felt these skates and the cost was enormous/more expensive than a really good pair of Roll lines. They cost the same amount as a pair of Matrix/steel skates, which I have not mounted up either and a pair of Roll Line Giottos are on their way for “figures”.

But I recently bought two new pair of SP Teri boots. One pair are the Silver Stars and the second pair are Pro Teri boots.

I hope to mount the Pro Teri’s to the Synder “Speed Royal” plates and see how they perform for Artistic Roller Skating. As far as I know, no one has this setup and I don’t think there is anybody in the world that competes on Synder “speed” plates for Artistic Competition.

When I talked to George at SP Teri, he told me the Pro Teri boot was designed for skaters who did Freestyle and Figures? We'll see. I found it interesting that the boots used for freestyle would be the same boot used for figures.

Sincerely,

Larry O and good luck to all going to Nationals
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2017, 09:57 PM   #2
amohrfeld

As part of my testing plate length; I mounted a pair of Royals on my 220 boots. I am extremely happy with the results. What I learned was I had to tighten the cushions more than I do on the Snyder SD. But the weight is not noticeable.

Also, I recently acquired another used set-up: Imperials on a 297. I like the configuration but the weight of the Imperial is noticeable during quick free-style moves. Wish I had a shorter Royal plate to mount on the 297 boot.

I wonder if an Avenger would work in place of the Royal. How does it compare in weight? At half the price it might be a good option.
amohrfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2017, 11:07 PM   #3
larryoracing

Smile Synder Imperial Lite plate/Royal trucks and hangers, Ti axles and kingpins

As part of my testing plate length; I mounted a pair of Royals on my 220 boots. I am extremely happy with the results. What I learned was I had to tighten the cushions more than I do on the Snyder SD. But the weight is not noticeable.

Awsome!

I wonder if an Avenger would work in place of the Royal. How does it compare in weight?

I don’t know?

At half the price it might be a good option.

I was talking to the manager of our rink and he thought the quality/the performance of the Avenger skate would be quite noticeable/not as good as the Royal or Imperial.

I didn’t ask the manager the next question but there is a skate called the Laser “hardnose”, double action trucks and it is quite expensive compared to the Avenger but cheaper than the Royal or Imperial. The link said it was 22% lighter than any other skate plate.

Another option might be the Synder/Imperial/Lite Figure plate. It has no toestop mounting option and the plate looks to be a very thin plate of aluminum. Needless to say this plate is not for jumping.

I’m sure Doc would know but if you mounted some Royal Trucks and Hangers on the thin aluminum plate of a Snyder Imperial Lite figure plate, and added titanium axles and king pins that would be a very light skate compared to any other Synder Skate typically available. It would be custom skate from Synder or Doc?

Sincerely and good luck to all competing at Nationals.

Larry O
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote