S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old September 6th, 2017, 03:58 PM   #21
wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
Pigment has an affect too.
Likely, but I'd put normal pigment effect in the same category as bearings. Unless you go to extremes I'm not sure you can or will notice a difference.

I have two sets of Super Ds. One is natural and one fluro red. I can feel no noticeable difference between the sets. That doesn't mean there isn't one but just like human sensory perception there is a Just Noticeable Difference threshold that must be exceeded for reliable differentiation.

Maybe it's just me but...

Old September 6th, 2017, 05:35 PM   #22
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Default Hmm

Quote:
My white Shamans are the same way, I don't know if the old anabolix the tire would be any different in grip. They were awesome gripping wheels when I ran those a few years ago. But roll would be different between the two. I like non pigmented wheels.

Are you referring to the Race compound Shamans?? Those are natural, no pigment. The White Scotts I have are just that dyed white.
Old September 6th, 2017, 07:01 PM   #23
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
Likely, but I'd put normal pigment effect in the same category as bearings. Unless you go to extremes I'm not sure you can or will notice a difference.

I have two sets of Super Ds. One is natural and one fluro red. I can feel no noticeable difference between the sets. That doesn't mean there isn't one but just like human sensory perception there is a Just Noticeable Difference threshold that must be exceeded for reliable differentiation.

Maybe it's just me but...

IT does, depend on the floor. If the floor is marginal, the pigment can make a difference apparent. The floors performance and wheel chemical makeup go hand in hand.
A friend sent me two sets of Scotts years ago, one set red, the other a grey color. Both were supposed to be same hardness but the grip was very different. The greys had almost no grip, the reds did fine. The greys would only grip on areas that had been low traffic, back corner areas. The reds hooked up everywhere.
Both had good roll. This test was done back to back within an hour and I switched back and forth during the session.
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2017, 07:04 PM   #24
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post

Are you referring to the Race compound Shamans?? Those are natural, no pigment. The White Scotts I have are just that dyed white.
White Shaman 97a. I like naturals, the Tire is also naturals afaik. I am thinking that a lot of the skate floors where you and a lot of others skate are better kept than most floors I skate. Champions in Spring is going to do a complete sanding and recoat next week so it will be in great shape soon. And it is the best floor I skate on.
Old September 8th, 2017, 03:32 AM   #25
amohrfeld

Quote:
White Shaman 97a. I like naturals, the Tire is also naturals afaik. I am thinking that a lot of the skate floors where you and a lot of others skate are better kept than most floors I skate. Champions in Spring is going to do a complete sanding and recoat next week so it will be in great shape soon. And it is the best floor I skate on.
Champions is doing a much better job since the spring. I see the art teem sweep the floor every week. I've noticed my traction improve since they started sweeping it.
amohrfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 10:57 PM   #26
SeanPrice

Guessing Kentwood, good to see another Grand Rapids member on the site!
Old October 12th, 2017, 01:40 AM   #27
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohrfeld View Post
Champions is doing a much better job since the spring. I see the art teem sweep the floor every week. I've noticed my traction improve since they started sweeping it.
Love the floor work done. Its awesome now!