S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old October 8th, 2019, 02:48 AM   #1
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Default AOC wants to abolish Prisons. Let Mass Shooters, and Rapists and Killers out

What could go wrong?

I'll wait for ursle to make sense of this, because AOC sure isn't making sense.

Terrorists, pedophiles, white collar crime.

What crime would YOU commit with prisons gone?

dailycaller.com/2019/10/07/ocasio-cortez-prison-abolition/?fbclid=IwAR2NlJ-1J508T5w1fnqBAXKTmaERBFjATPqkTvzj73ZBFDR7NPsZxQdWAdM
Old October 9th, 2019, 11:38 AM   #2
zebra1922

Read the wider quotes and subsequent posts she is talking about an alternative to the mass incarceration in the US and the damage this causes, therefore reducing the prison population and abolishing SOME prisons. She is not calling for a complete removal of prison as an option, but alternatives to be used for many offences to reduce the ineffective high incarceration rate in the US and the social injustice the system perpetuates.

Remember, facts matter, try using some.
zebra1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2019, 09:06 AM   #3
fierocious1

Crank up the gallows,reduce the offender population... cut their suffering...
Old October 10th, 2019, 09:44 PM   #4
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
You and I think alike.
Old October 10th, 2019, 11:30 PM   #5
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
You and I think alike.
We understand.
Now it makes sense.

Morophilia.
Being s-xually attracted to stupid people. from greek “moros” (stupid) + “phile” (love). men who have morophilia usually keep it in the closet to avoid legal trouble.
Old October 11th, 2019, 02:50 AM   #6
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

Default Paddle Thier Buttocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
I like justice Singapore style. https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs...029-story.html

And, if I were in charge, bring back the stocks, and public shaming. Corporal punishment baby. Imagine a heroin dealer in the town square with his pants pulled down, and a little woman gives him a going over with a willow switch.
Old October 11th, 2019, 03:39 AM   #7
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84luv View Post
I like justice Singapore style. https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs...029-story.html

And, if I were in charge, bring back the stocks, and public shaming. Corporal punishment baby. Imagine a heroin dealer in the town square with his pants pulled down, and a little woman gives him a going over with a willow switch.
Being civilized. It's a two edged sword, like so many things in life.
Yo ho ho... LOOK at us.... being so GOOD and so CIVILIZED.
We've lost sight that some things should be handled with a heavier hand.
Old October 11th, 2019, 04:06 AM   #8
Mcostello

Years ago, Me and My family were on vacation driving through Georgia. It was Hot and the middle of summer. We stopped at a McD's for lunch. A real live chain gang trundeled up and just stood there. A big Deputy was also there on a horse holding a shotgun up in the air. After about 5 minutes of waiting a Sherriff's car drove up and the Guy inside went through the drive in, got lunch and left. Nobody else got anything including the Guy on the horse. He looked He like would have had His Day made if He could have got to shoot someone. The lesson I took away from this was "Don't screw up in Georgia."

As an aside, The next day We were going through a State Park and a beat up pulled over and several Guys were riding in the back holding Weed wackers. One Guy jumped down and ran to a tree and trimmed the weeds, ran back and jumped in, and away They went 40' down to the next tree.

Real prisions work, not the fluffy and nice kind.
Mcostello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2019, 04:16 AM   #9
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcostello View Post
Years ago, Me and My family were on vacation driving through Georgia. It was Hot and the middle of summer. We stopped at a McD's for lunch. A real live chain gang trundeled up and just stood there. A big Deputy was also there on a horse holding a shotgun up in the air. After about 5 minutes of waiting a Sherriff's car drove up and the Guy inside went through the drive in, got lunch and left. Nobody else got anything including the Guy on the horse. He looked He like would have had His Day made if He could have got to shoot someone. The lesson I took away from this was "Don't screw up in Georgia."

As an aside, The next day We were going through a State Park and a beat up pulled over and several Guys were riding in the back holding Weed wackers. One Guy jumped down and ran to a tree and trimmed the weeds, ran back and jumped in, and away They went 40' down to the next tree.

Real prisions work, not the fluffy and nice kind.
Sure. Early on when Sherrif Joe was putting guys in the tent city, they asked prisoners what they thought. One guy said, I know one thing. I will never commit a crime in Maricopa County ever again.
Old October 11th, 2019, 12:15 PM   #10
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:

Yes, and let the KKK run our elections, and take away the vote from women and anyone not christian white, we know what you'd like.

In the meantime all of the illegalities Trump is committing are coming to light, and it's not a good look for the Republican party, complicit in the Trump shakedown of the planet.

When all the Treasonous acts are identified, I hope the guilty are treated Singapore style, or, better yet, the "old way treason is dealt with".
Old October 11th, 2019, 01:17 PM   #11
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post
Yes, and let the KKK run our elections, and take away the vote from women and anyone not christian white, we know what you'd like.

In the meantime all of the illegalities Trump is committing are coming to light, and it's not a good look for the Republican party, complicit in the Trump shakedown of the planet.

When all the Treasonous acts are identified, I hope the guilty are treated Singapore style, or, better yet, the "old way treason is dealt with".
Pretzel logic is your forte. Evidently you prefer lawlessness on our streets.
There must be a few white sheets under your bed, too.
Old October 11th, 2019, 03:38 PM   #12
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Pretzel logic is your forte. Evidently you prefer lawlessness on our streets.
There must be a few white sheets under your bed, too.

At the moment the White House is lawless, so at the moment lawlessness in our streets is an everyday occurance.

I prefer a White House that obeys constitutional laws, which makes for lawful streets.

Yes, I'm sure my Irish ancestors recently in the country are KKK members in disguise, as they were harassed by the KKK because they're grey and not Protestant(wasp).

But there's always hoping that all you Racist Traitors get the "old law" applied.
Old October 11th, 2019, 08:08 PM   #13
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

Quote:
At the moment the White House is lawless, so at the moment lawlessness in our streets is an everyday occurance.

I prefer a White House that obeys constitutional laws, which makes for lawful streets.

Yes, I'm sure my Irish ancestors recently in the country are KKK members in disguise, as they were harassed by the KKK because they're grey and not Protestant(wasp).

But there's always hoping that all you Racist Traitors get the "old law" applied.
Of course you never read the link, like always, just jump into a tormented rant.

News
A call for justice, Singapore-style
Ellen UzelacTHE BALTIMORE SUN

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Not that long ago, California lawmakers were creating commissions on happiness and self-esteem and penning bills of rights for prisoners. One governor even had his own guru.

Now, the capital is happily abuzz over a Sacramento councilman's proposal that graffiti vandals be subjected to Singapore-style justice: paddlings.

Where have all the love beads gone?

"We've tried holding hands. We've tried psychiatry. We've triedpenalizing parents," said City Councilman Josh Pane, the 35-year-old lobbyist who has floated the proposal. "And none of that has worked."

"We're all tired of these gutless little punks. Next thing we know, they'll put down their spray guns and pick up handguns," he said. "I'm not saying we need to break skin or make them bleed, but society needs justice."

While it's not clear how far the mood of the moment will push corporal punishment into practice, Sacramento is not alone in considering it.

And there is at least some legal precedent to suggest that such a law might be constitutionally enforceable.

Informal polls have indicated widespread local support for paddling juvenile graffiti "taggers," who caused more than $1 million in property damage in Sacramento last year.

An unscientific telephone survey of more than 3,000 callers conducted by KCRA-TV showed 81 percent in support of paddling. Since he disclosed his paddling proposal last Monday, Mr. Pane has been a guest on radio shows originating in Boston, New York, Washington, D.C., Seattle and Salt Lake City.

Meanwhile, there seems to be some evidence that the idea might be catching on: A councilman in Cincinnati, Charles Winburn, has talked to Mr. Pane's staff about the possibility of introducing a similar measure in his city.

"We're gathering information at See SPANK, this time," Pam Brown, Mr. Winburn's assistant, said last week. "The councilman is still gathering all the facts."

Friday, St. Louis Alderman Freeman Boseley Sr. proposed public caning as a punishment for graffiti vandals, saying a whipping or two never hurt his own son, Freeman Bosley Jr. -- who is now mayor of St. Louis.

The Board of Aldermen appeared cool toward the idea, effectively burying it by voting to hold a hearing on it, Reuters reported.

Singapore inspiration

Mr. Pane, a Republican who has served on the council for five years, said that his proposal was inspired by the controversial caning of American teen-ager Michael Fay in Singapore earlier this month. Mr. Fay received four lashes with a rattan cane on his bare buttocks after pleading guilty to vandalism. His mandatory sentence of six lashes was reduced after an appeal by President Clinton. Many Americans supported the flogging.

Indeed, the issue generated nearly 1,900 calls to The Sun's own reader response line on a single day at the height of the controversy -- the large majority in support of the caning.

Under the Pane proposal, vandals would be spanked at least six times with a wooden paddle in Sacramento's Plaza Park, one block from the state Capitol.

The paddling proposal -- still in the making -- is unclear about whether the vandal's bottom would be bared and just who would do the spanking.

Not everyone is in favor of turning Sacramento into Paddling Capital U.S.A.

On Thursday, the Sacramento News & Review asked, in an editorial called "Josh The Barbarian": "And then there are the politicians who assault not just our intelligence but civility itself. . . . Should we cut off their wagging tongues before more damage is done?"

Michael Picker, chief of staff to Mayor Joseph Serna, would only say: "Councilman Pane should be spanked, and that's the end of Public support

Dan McGrath, a columnist for the Sacramento Bee, called Mr. Pane's proposal a "crackpot idea," but he said the majority of his many callers support public paddling.

"There is such a feeling of helplessness," he said. "People hear about juvenile crime, but they don't see it. [Graffiti] is something they see. People aren't offended by the idea or appalled by it -- they're appalled by the graffiti."

Graffiti vandalism has escalated in this tidy, tree-lined city of 400,000 in the past two years, and in recent months it has swept into some of Sacramento's most affluent, established neighborhoods.

Walking through the state Capitol on Thursday, Mr. Pane was waved down every few steps by supporters of public paddling.

"I'm all for you," shouted one tour guide. "You're just brave enough to say what everyone else is thinking."

"Democrats for Pane!" yelled another woman. Art Croney, a lobbyist for a Christian law-and-order organization, noted: "Even Jesus was flogged."

And Jeane Bolton, a retired jazz singer, said: "This is all my friends and I have been talking about. I'm just tired of America going to hell. At least, this is a beginning. What's cruel and unusual is to allow things to go on as they are."

Mr. Pane hopes to introduce his measure -- to create the penalty of public paddling in Sacramento and to support it statewide -- at a City Council meeting in coming weeks.

If the measure fails to pass -- and even he admits that its fate is uncertain because of "political correctness" -- he vowed to "take it to the people" in the form of a referendum.

Although he still is studying the legal implications, Mr. Pane said that a Supreme Court ruling in 1977 originating in Dade County, Fla., upheld spankings in schools as constitutional.

Irwin Hyman, director of the Philadelphia-based National Center for the Study of Corporal Punishment and Alternatives, said that while the 1977 Supreme Court ruling permitted schoolchildren to be paddled, it spares convicted criminals from the rod. He acknowledged, however, that there is debate on that issue among constitutional scholars.

Zsubhed 'Middle Ages' idea

"These people should have lived in the 1700s," said Mr. Hyman, who believes that the paddling of children can cause such psychological damage as post-traumatic stress syndrome.

"By the 1800s, we stopped doing that stuff. This would have been in style in the Middle Ages."

Francisco Lobaco, California's legislative director for the American Civil Liberties Union, maintained that public paddling was "cruel and unusual" punishment and therefore unconstitutional.

Yet, he acknowledged public support. "Look, California has the toughest criminal justice laws in the country. This touchy-feely stuff doesn't apply to criminal laws, that's for sure. What people don't understand is that this issue is a lot more complicated than beating kids."

Meanwhile, Assemblyman Mickey Conroy, a Republican from Orange County, said he was working on a statewide bill that would allow the courtroom paddling of graffiti vandals.

"I don't know," he said. "I'm thinking a minimum of four whacks."

A retired Marine Corps pilot, Mr. Conroy said that he intends to introduce the bill at a special legislative session on crime in two weeks.

"I was spanked in school," he said. "We won World War II with people who were raised like that. So what's wrong with it?"
Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad

Vandalism
Old October 12th, 2019, 01:10 PM   #14
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Of course you never read the link, like always, just jump into a tormented rant.

Of course I never read the link, you're a proud boy and I don't want a computer virus.

Spreading hate, in any form, speach, gesture, or implying that public beatings should begin... is Racist, and that's what you do, next, you Racist's will combine public beatings with "stand your ground" right's and then...let the public lynchings begin.

Violence, hatred, Racism, Trump, yuk.
Old October 12th, 2019, 01:37 PM   #15
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

Quote:
Of course I never read the link, you're a proud boy and I don't want a computer virus.

Spreading hate, in any form, speach, gesture, or implying that public beatings should begin... is Racist, and that's what you do, next, you Racist's will combine public beatings with "stand your ground" right's and then...let the public lynchings begin.

Violence, hatred, Racism, Trump, yuk.
How long have you been suffering from derangement? You do know what follows: dementia, alzheimers, Depends, and drooling.
Old October 12th, 2019, 02:02 PM   #16
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
How long have you been suffering from derangement? You do know what follows: dementia, alzheimer's, Depends, and drooling.
Says the "proud boy" Racist to the non racist.
It's encouraging to see you've been studying up on afflictions for morally and emotionally empty humans, it'll help you in the near future, I assure you.

Pity you won't accept public health care when the Democrats offer it, being non communist, just Fascist as you are and all, "white trash"(Racist's) don't take public assistance, pity.
Old October 12th, 2019, 08:55 PM   #17
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

Quote:
Says the "proud boy" Racist to the non racist.
It's encouraging to see you've been studying up on afflictions for morally and emotionally empty humans, it'll help you in the near future, I assure you.

Pity you won't accept public health care when the Democrats offer it, being non communist, just Fascist as you are and all, "white trash"(Racist's) don't take public assistance, pity.
I admire your ability to type while wearing a straight-jacket, in a padded cell. Even Houdini would be amazed.
Old October 12th, 2019, 10:35 PM   #18
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
I admire your ability to type while wearing a straight-jacket, in a padded cell. Even Houdini would be amazed.
That's a funny visual.
Old October 12th, 2019, 10:39 PM   #19
ursle
Street Skater

Honestly, laughing's healthy, that's funny.

Old October 13th, 2019, 04:03 PM   #20
fierocious1

Quote:
You have to remove the plug in the back of the neck.... the left is in the matrix world.