S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old October 7th, 2019, 08:25 PM   #1
BMW325TI

Default hi lo does it really help?

Hello all,

I am still looking for proper frame.
Now I a looking at Powerslide Triple X Frame 12.8, 195mm, 3x110 1x100

Does it really fits lower as claimed?
Also some noticeable performance vs 4x110?

Or it is just waste of money?

Thanks for help!
BMW325TI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 03:53 PM   #2
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

It's a pain in the @$$, since you have to purchase two different sized wheels. And if you like to rotate them regularly, like me, the only rotation you can do w/ the 100mm wheels are the 2nd position of both skates. This changes with a 2&2 setup (110-100-100-110).

Their pros are a slightly (maybe 1-2mm, depending on the frame) lower deck height and a slightly smaller overall length.

As for noticeable differences, I noticed a slightly better roll with the 4x110mm setups than with a hi-lo.
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 07:32 PM   #3
BMW325TI

Thanks mate. Maybe I should try 2x110 2x100. As 3x110 1x100 like you said just minimum diffrences. I had many accidents by crossovers in corners with 4x110 ( sometimes I forget I skating on 4x110).
Old October 9th, 2019, 08:20 AM   #4
romekjagoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckboucher View Post
It's a pain in the @$$, since you have to purchase two different sized wheels. And if you like to rotate them regularly, like me, the only rotation you can do w/ the 100mm wheels are the 2nd position of both skates. This changes with a 2&2 setup (110-100-100-110).

Their pros are a slightly (maybe 1-2mm, depending on the frame) lower deck height and a slightly smaller overall length.

As for noticeable differences, I noticed a slightly better roll with the 4x110mm setups than with a hi-lo.
For me personally the gain in height was much more substantial than 1-2mm. On the hybrid 110/100 frame I was lower than on my previous 4x100mm (but that was a basis PS frame, so no good point of reference). I believe the gain in height is worth the hassle: it makes the transition to 110mm more gradual and allows for a more linear progression of technique. Rotating wheels is considered a bigger or smaller problem, depending on the person (small for me). I have not skated teh 4x110mm yet, so can't compare the roll or other characteristics.
romekjagoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 01:48 PM   #5
BMW325TI

Yes for me it just the length that is the problem very short legs :-(
Old October 9th, 2019, 04:17 PM   #6
BMW325TI

I will buy 2x100 2x110. See what happen. Have not skated on hi lo so.... try cry or smile :-)