S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old December 5th, 2009, 05:45 PM   #21
A-Town Sk8er
theultimateskatesupply

Thumbs up Yeah i noticed!

Not hard to if you actually look at a person......

After my Diet i ended up losing 30 lbs all together myself. But as of lately i havent been skating know where near like i was. Ive already put back on 10 lbs... cant wait until Football season is over so i can get back to it full time. Keep it up Jimmy!!
A-Town Sk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2009, 07:48 PM   #22
juicyjeannie
Yes, that's my name

Default Turkey Hill Diet Green Tea

My Favorite is
Turkey Hill Diet Green Tea (1/2 gallon)
or
Turkey Hill Diet Pomegranate-Acai Diet White Tea (1/2 gallon)

found at Kroger in the Refrigerated section (near OJ).
Best ever.

Since I havent eaten sweets since february,
by now even this tea is too sweet for me, so I mix 1/2 of it with
with water to dilute it.

I tell you, I tried dieting all my life.
Atkins is the only thing that I have been able to stick to.
and it is really easy and the pounds just fell off!
I never thought I could do it, but it's been pretty easy...
(after the 1st 2 weeks of course).
Old December 9th, 2009, 08:17 PM   #23
okie

Exclamation Your Thyroid? Blood test????

If you have been trying forever to loose weight and keep it off?

You need to have a simple blood test for your thyroid condition. It is your body's regulator. Like a voltage regulator on a car,always keeps the battery just right charge. Ever woman should have the test. Thyroid problems are more present than ever before and most never know its working against them.

Real simple adjustment to make it right if its off,daily pill thats cheap.

When your thyroid is out of whack,you try to diet,it conserves fat for you,makes it even harder to loose without fatigue.

Biggest hidden weight gain is the POP. One can a day and you will gain 10lbs a year. Nuts huh. If your a female. Eat a Tums or Rolaid ever day to help your bones. Ever day your alive your bones are getting brittle as you age,its the Curse!!!! Big problem for crashing on the hard floor in your later years.
okie
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2009, 08:18 PM   #24
Edward Williams
Still Learning...

I try to make sure that I have balance between three things;

(1) What I consume;
(2) The amount of sleep I get;
(3) The amount of exercise I get.

Of course, balance between the three will probably never happen but that is the goal objective. This approach requires a lot of trying different things to see how well they work with your body and it is a life-long approach. Everyone's body responds differently to different things. For example, I have heard many people talk about getting 8 hours of sleep and that is the amount the body needs yadda yadda yadda...my whole life I've heard this...but my body will only accept 7 hours of sleep. I haven't used an alarm to wake up since I was in my 20s and I'm currently in my 40s.

The first one doesn't always mean what food I put in my mouth. It also includes the knowledge I put in my head. For example, many people read books. But sitting and reading a lot of books day in and day out...all the time...puts a strain on the amount of exercise I get. The kinds of exercise play a role as well. And what knowledge I put in my head has to have a purpose...there must be a reason for consuming it...I must be able to use it for something other than arguing with other people.

The idea is to attempt to establish and maintain a balance. The kinds of foods you may eat when you are 17 may not work well for your body when you are 50. So you'll have to establish criteria for all three for what works best for your body and the criteria for each category will change throughout your existence because your body's requirements change.

If people dedicate themselves to an approach such as this, without lying to themselves, for their entire existence, they will not have weight problems or problems with insomnia or strength problems or arthritis, etc. It becomes a process to become healthier the longer one exists.
Edward Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:31 PM   #25
Ignatz
Brick House

If I eat mainly beans, brown rice and other grains, veggies, limited lean meats and almost no white sugar, I can eat all I want and steadily lose weight, even with no exercise. If I skate 10 hours a week and eat even one pint of Ben and Jerry's, I will instantly gain five pounds. It's just not fair!
Ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:44 PM   #26
Edward Williams
Still Learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatz View Post
If I eat mainly beans, brown rice and other grains, veggies, limited lean meats and almost no white sugar, I can eat all I want and steadily lose weight, even with no exercise. If I skate 10 hours a week and eat even one pint of Ben and Jerry's, I will instantly gain five pounds. It's just not fair!
LOL!
Edward Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2009, 08:53 AM   #27
lharasim
Skate to get High

Default For everybody!

Jimmy...looking good man keep it up

this is what i am doing now for the last 6 months its a blood type diet ..its a way of life/eating ..

I have lost a ton of fat and kept lean muscle I feel super charged all the time feeling like i am 20..... hell i skate better/faster/longer then most 20 year olds

http://www.dadamo.com/
lharasim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 06:30 AM   #28
midlight21

Another blood type dieter here. It's funny that this is my first post though....I've been lurking. It's the only diet that controls my allergies and allows me to lose weight too.

Keep up the good work OP! I just got back into skating b/c my 4 year old little boy has been begging me to teach him how to skate. I put on a new pair of K2 Rita's today and they feel really good. It's nice to be back on skates however my poor arches are gonna have to get used to it again. LOL.

Clarissa
midlight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 05:31 AM   #29
Celbii

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicyjeannie View Post
My Favorite is
Turkey Hill Diet Green Tea (1/2 gallon)
or
Turkey Hill Diet Pomegranate-Acai Diet White Tea (1/2 gallon)
Not to be picky, but as a green tea drinker, if your gonna drink it might as well drink the real stuff. I suggest going to an Asian market in your town, they should have a big selection and buy loose leaf green tea and brew it yourself, and then you have some real green tea, not some crap they put in a bottle and flavor.
Celbii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #30
lharasim
Skate to get High

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlight21 View Post
Another blood type dieter here. It's funny that this is my first post though....I've been lurking. It's the only diet that controls my allergies and allows me to lose weight too.

Keep up the good work OP! I just got back into skating b/c my 4 year old little boy has been begging me to teach him how to skate. I put on a new pair of K2 Rita's today and they feel really good. It's nice to be back on skates however my poor arches are gonna have to get used to it again. LOL.

Clarissa
Clarissa if only people would recognize and stop the madness of crazy weight loss diets...and eat right for your type ..

This way of eating/living is great!!
lharasim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 05:24 AM   #31
OffTheEdge
DjC Rockin' The Beat!

Default Update

My goal was 210 by 2010 but I missed that deadline. I weigh myself every few days because I know weight can go up and down a pound or 2 so I dont do it every day. Today I got on the scales and 208! I need new clothes really bad LOL
OffTheEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #32
ncsk8rgirl
Discovered SEDS on 1/1/08

Congrats Jimmy!