S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old November 23rd, 2017, 10:47 PM   #1
JLinders
I am a humble monkey.

Default Orange Hyper Cannibals or Ruby Red Labeda Stilletos?

180 lbs. Coated concrete floor. Used to have a pair of the Stilletos, but hesitant on the Canns. And yes, I should be getting some Anabolix or Aussie Scott's instead, but looking for an opinion on the Canns vs Stilletos.
Old November 24th, 2017, 05:19 AM   #2
JLinders
I am a humble monkey.

Angry

Thanks for the help!
Old November 24th, 2017, 06:14 AM   #3
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

So, you post up on the evening of a US holiday and expect answers in just a few short hours?

I have never skated the Stillettos, but have skated the original green and orange Cannibals. Im not a fan of skating older wheels, even those that are still sealed in the package, as age is a factor on the urethane. Id say to go w/the Labedas, since theyre a newer wheel and at 180 pounds, the softer of the two compounds or maybe a mix of the two.
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2017, 07:01 AM   #4
HeBeGB

Maybe not a humble monkey after all?

Posted during work hours on our side of the pond.
Old November 24th, 2017, 07:22 PM   #5
jackbkwikn
ALTAMURA

Save your money.Just buy scotts.
Old November 25th, 2017, 10:59 PM   #6
quantoo

Default stillettos out of those two

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLinders View Post
180 lbs. Coated concrete floor. Used to have a pair of the Stilletos, but hesitant on the Canns. And yes, I should be getting some Anabolix or Aussie Scott's instead, but looking for an opinion on the Canns vs Stilletos.
still my favorite all rounder.even a white shaman cant outdo a red stilletto so cannibal isnt even inthe same league, the labeda classics are great too
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2017, 02:28 AM   #7
AZSHOT

My rink floor worked great with Orange Cannibals for about a year. I weigh 185. Then the floor started getting more slick, as did the wheels which now have very worn grooves. But they were very fast and rolled long. About 6 months ago they started sliding too much when I speed skated, several seconds of 8 Wheel drift at each corner.

So I switched to Labeda Stilletos. Those took a while to break in, I let my daughter use them for about 6-8 sessions. When I put them back on, they were about perfect. Just the tiniest slide in speed, almost as fast as the Orange Cannibals. But I can tell they are a tad slower. I just needed their grip.

Wheels aren't that expensive, I'd get a pair of the Orange Cannibals and try them out. They are the most popular at my rink with the good skaters, several of us use them when the floor allows. Like most things, getting the most expensive, best available gives diminishing returns. If you get a $200 set of wheels, like a $200,000 Ferrari, it's just going to be a little bit better than something that costs much less.
AZSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2017, 06:39 PM   #8
wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLinders View Post
...looking for an opinion on the Canns vs Stilletos.
Not even in the same league. Or at least the Orange Cannibals I had, Italian? with loose bearing bores.

Until I got Scotts the Stilettos were my favorite. I couldn't skate them in the winter. When the floor got cold they got slippery. Now the Scotts handle pretty much anything.

I once carried some Redline copies into Cascade in ATL since their floor is coated for slide. Figured I might need the extra traction. Wrong, the 97 Super Ds did great!

Old December 2nd, 2017, 02:02 AM   #9
quantoo

Default Must admit

On those cold days at some rinks the stillettos wont grip,but for the majority of the year i get good run out them.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 09:16 PM   #10
Hard2Pass

Default Anabolix

Im 230lbs and on a good day can break i to high 10s on a 100 meter track. I am curently on Anabolix Tourmaline (96). Sure they are pink but they grip and roll.
Hard2Pass is offline   Reply With Quote