S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old December 5th, 2017, 01:44 AM   #1
amohrfeld

Default Source for Riedell OEM insoles?

Anyone know where I can purchase insoles like the original ones found in Riedell boots? I don't want gell, orthopedics, or plastic in the insole. Just something like the simple insert shipped with new skates.
amohrfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 02:14 AM   #2
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohrfeld View Post
Anyone know where I can purchase insoles like the original ones found in Riedell boots? I don't want gell, orthopedics, or plastic in the insole. Just something like the simple insert shipped with new skates.
ooppss. brb
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 05:37 AM   #3
PRFunky

Default Not Riedell but...

http://www.rollerskatenation.com/sur...nisex-insoles/

They're about 3mm thick and take a little bit more pounding than the original Riedell ones. These are flat/felt-like.

I prefer the contoured ones myself:
http://www.rollerskatenation.com/men...ntour-insoles/
which are totally different with some kind of foam. But I have high arches on my feet and can use all the support I can get. Your mileage may vary. First link (tan ones) are closest to what you asked for.
PRFunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 05:47 AM   #4
netplaceus
David Kennedy

Quote:
I was looking everywhere for these and could not find anyplace that carried them on the internet or in any store. I finally found something that was not orthopedic on ebay and it worked OK I thought, but not what I wanted. I could not even get them from Riedell.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shoeslulu-M...wAAOSwh1paDidC

Then one day I dropped into a place called Sin City Skates here in San Diego, and they had a huge box of them (Original Riedell Product) , many sizes. But they don't sell them online as they are only like 6 bucks.

Anyway, what I found out is authorized Riedell stores can order them IF they want to, but most skate shops don't because there is not enough profit and or sales in it for them.

It sucks, because everyone and their mother wants to sell you orthopedic ones because that's where the profit is. Good Luck to you!

PS: There is very little point in ordering these from anyone online, you can buy the same thing from any shoe repair place. Even the ones I bought above.
Old December 5th, 2017, 10:56 PM   #5
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Thumbs up Yep any Riedel dealer can.

The correct term is sock liner. The are actually cut for specific lasted boots too. As in different for each last.
Old December 6th, 2017, 04:07 AM   #6
amohrfeld

Thanks guys.

I ordered the sure grip since they currently have free shipping.

Also contacted my dealer-friend. But we'll see if she wants to mess with such a small order. I might have to get some new wheels just to sweeten the deal.
Old December 8th, 2017, 08:12 AM   #7
netplaceus
David Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
The correct term is sock liner. The are actually cut for specific lasted boots too. As in different for each last.
Yes, this is true, thanks for the correction! You have to give them the boot model and size of the sock liner you want. My size was all gone for 297, I had them order me 4 of them.
Old December 9th, 2017, 03:58 AM   #8
amohrfeld

My dealer (she does mostly derby) is suggesting the sure grip insoles. She wants me to bring in the boots to get it right.
Old December 9th, 2017, 05:35 PM   #9
jotson

Quote:
Thanks guys.

I ordered the sure grip since they currently have free shipping.

Also contacted my dealer-friend. But we'll see if she wants to mess with such a small order. I might have to get some new wheels just to sweeten the deal.
Free shipping must be over
jotson is offline   Reply With Quote