S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old November 21st, 2017, 04:52 AM   #1
BPTS
I made your Mom blush....

Default Howdy! New Old Guy here...

3rd post to the forum so I figured an introduction is in order.
Name is Rob and I'm in Colorado, USA.
55, haven't skated regularly in 8 years.
I am an old skool Rink Rat of the highest order, my home rink was Skate City in Littleton CO where I skated from 2 weeks after it opened until I was 22 or so, so that is a ten-ish year spread.
I lived in that rink, 3-4 nights a week plus a couple of afternoons unless it was ice hockey season, which I played at a competive level through high school.
I was a competitive speed skater in Littleton for 5 of those years, I rolled on Reidell boots (don't recall the model, I want to say 265's-I remember the stripes) Cyclone S/A 45 degree plates until I got XK-4's and MetaFlex wheels.
Many a love was gained and lost while skating to Peaches and Herb, The BeeGees, The Commodores etc.

Anyways I continued to play ice hockey as an adult, kinda let the quads slip by aside from the occasional kids field trip and such.
In 2008 I squished 3 disc's in my lower back at work and the Doc told me no more hockey.
But I still have the itch to skate so I figured I would jump back on quads.
Having a pair of 265's mated to a pair of S/A 45 degree XK-4's as we speak. I know, S/A is going the way of the dinosaur but I always loved the quick response and snappiness of the SA.

Anyhoo- HOWDY ALL!
BPTS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2017, 11:30 AM   #2
Derrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTS View Post
3rd post to the forum so I figured an introduction is in order.
Name is Rob and I'm in Colorado, USA.
55, haven't skated regularly in 8 years.
I am an old skool Rink Rat of the highest order, my home rink was Skate City in Littleton CO where I skated from 2 weeks after it opened until I was 22 or so, so that is a ten-ish year spread.
I lived in that rink, 3-4 nights a week plus a couple of afternoons unless it was ice hockey season, which I played at a competive level through high school.
I was a competitive speed skater in Littleton for 5 of those years, I rolled on Reidell boots (don't recall the model, I want to say 265's-I remember the stripes) Cyclone S/A 45 degree plates until I got XK-4's and MetaFlex wheels.
Many a love was gained and lost while skating to Peaches and Herb, The BeeGees, The Commodores etc.

Anyways I continued to play ice hockey as an adult, kinda let the quads slip by aside from the occasional kids field trip and such.
In 2008 I squished 3 disc's in my lower back at work and the Doc told me no more hockey.
But I still have the itch to skate so I figured I would jump back on quads.
Having a pair of 265's mated to a pair of S/A 45 degree XK-4's as we speak. I know, S/A is going the way of the dinosaur but I always loved the quick response and snappiness of the SA.

Anyhoo- HOWDY ALL!
Welcome welcome. I remeber Skate City well. Thatís where I truly learned to love skating. I lived up in Bailey Co in my high school years and went to Skate City as many friday nights as I could find a ride for. Lived in Littleton my junior high years. Took allmy first dates there, if you didn't skate whatís the use right?

I used to couples skate as fast as I could hold on to each other and take the corner as fast as possible.

Then off to Ferrells for late night ice cream. Or Village Inn where my brother was the waiter.

What great memories.

Welcome aboard. What years did you skate Skate City.

Oh yea Preteen I lived walking distance from the ice rink near South Glenn right on Highland trail. was that your Hockey arena. Canít remeber the name, loved them old pinball games waiting for open session.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 12:44 AM   #3
BPTS
I made your Mom blush....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
Welcome welcome. I remeber Skate City well. Thatís where I truly learned to love skating. I lived up in Bailey Co in my high school years and went to Skate City as many friday nights as I could find a ride for. Lived in Littleton my junior high years. Took allmy first dates there, if you didn't skate whatís the use right?

I used to couples skate as fast as I could hold on to each other and take the corner as fast as possible.

Then off to Ferrells for late night ice cream. Or Village Inn where my brother was the waiter.

What great memories.

Welcome aboard. What years did you skate Skate City.

Oh yea Preteen I lived walking distance from the ice rink near South Glenn right on Highland trail. was that your Hockey arena. Canít remeber the name, loved them old pinball games waiting for open session.

I skated there since about 2 weeks after it opened, I would say that was probably 73-74?

The ice rink was South Suburban Ice Arena.

Man we probably crossed paths- If you remember a group of 5-6 guys with black t shirts that said "Hell on Wheels" that was us! Bell bottoms, black t shirts and my hair was down to the middle of my back!

What Jr high did you go to?
BPTS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 06:02 AM   #4
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Hey, Welcome. Another 45 degree guy. Cool. I skate Invaders with the newer DA45 trucks. As SA's have been described as great at going full straight and full turn. No in-between. The DA trucks give you the nice in-between turning, urethane cushions, and adjustable pivot with Delrin pivot cup. Might be something to check out.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 11:00 AM   #5
Derrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTS View Post
I skated there since about 2 weeks after it opened, I would say that was probably 73-74?

The ice rink was South Suburban Ice Arena.

Man we probably crossed paths- If you remember a group of 5-6 guys with black t shirts that said "Hell on Wheels" that was us! Bell bottoms, black t shirts and my hair was down to the middle of my back!

What Jr high did you go to?
Thatís it South Suburban Ice Arena. My family moved to Denver in 76 and I lived in the area unti. 83. So I was somewhere in the area from age 12 to 18. We all had bell bottoms and lots of hair. I wasnít quite Hell on Wheels yet at that age. Proficient backwards, and I could jump up and touch my toes spread eagle when they played Van Hallens ďJumpĒ.

Sounds like we must of crossed oaths one time or another.
Old November 29th, 2017, 02:46 AM   #6
AZSHOT

Welcome and enjoy the return to quads. I did, I'm from the era when 265s with XK-7s were the skate we all wore. I got a pair about 4-5 years ago and started back, it was great.

Then I got a pair of Oberhamers, with some XK-4s that were the 15 degree version. Didn't like them, so I decided to try a 45deg DA XK-4, but it didn't improve my maneuverability much. I realized later the plate was too long, I wanted to use the same screw holes as the 15deg version, but it was too late.

Finally, I tried a Snyder Royal. WOW! What a difference and what a plate!
AZSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2017, 05:46 AM   #7
Sunnyape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
Sounds like we must of crossed oaths one time or another.
Unintentional typo humor
Sunnyape is offline   Reply With Quote