S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Slalom Cone Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slalom Cone Skating Forum Discussions about slalom cone skating, high-jump, and other freestyle trick skating. (Note that vert, street, and park skating discussions should be posted in our aggressive skating forum.)

Old June 3rd, 2012, 03:14 PM   #1
wolfsbane902

Talking Hi all new here, advice please?????? I wan to learn freestyle! Slalom!

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this forum! I requested to join last week and I'm so glad my request got approved so fast =)

I am so stoked!

Abit of back-info about my skating experience:

I started out roller skating when I was 9/10 (I'm now 24), did that for about 1-2 years, got my first pair of inline skates at 12. Been skating since then. I'm a self-taught skater. My first pair of inline skates was pretty good, can't remember the brand and model, though it wasn't the cheap plastic kinds sold in toy shops.

My 2nd pair was a k2 softboot (mostly black with red designs) which I got when I was like 15 or so?

I got my k2 athena 6.1 women's (http://www.skates.com/K2-Athena-6-1-...s-p/i06004.htm) at 17, which I'm still using now.

I actually didnt know anything about wheels and rockers until I removed all the wheels at one go without looking at the wheels configuration. So I didn't know what was the correct sequence, lol. And when I fixed them all back I did them anti-rocker (cos I thought it would go faster) and had them that way for a few years..only 2 years ago I changed them back to the banana rocker config cos I happened to research about wheels online and found out about the rockering.

Right now though, I'm currently using a hi-low set-up 80-80-84-84.

I just finished a month of lessons (weekly lessons) with a guy, and he was the one who recommended i use the hi-low config after I told him about my problem.

I asked him for help regarding getting a freestyle skate (I want to learn freestyle), and he recommended either the Seba Fr280 (SGD359 - USD378 give or take) or the Seba High (SGD599 - USD464 give or take).

I'm taking lessons from him because although I'm pretty good on my skates (I'm a distance rec skater, can step up and down a pavement, use the heel brake well, side step small obstacles, balance for a bit on one foot), I know my form isn't right - confirmed by him - and I can't do the T-brake (and all other useful tricks), although I know how to do a spin stop, parallel turn, lunge turn. Using my right foot as a lead only. I'm better at balancing on my left foot, but in terms of control, eg change of direction, my right foot is the one in the lead.

Any tips on how to improve that? I've been practising so hard but my left foot just refuses to listen.

And, what skates should I get? My balance is much better after taking lessons from him - he forced me to do scootering (which I've never done seriously before) to improve my balance and to get rid of my habit of kicking off with my toe. He's now forcing (strongly encouraging) me to do a T-stop both sides as he knows my left leg is the weaker leg.

I guess I'll be continuing lessons with him for another month or so, except I'm feeling very discouraged because I take so long to learn new things.

A couple of tricks I want to learn:
1) crossovers (practised them on my own, can do forward crossovers left foot over right, but balance not there)
2) mohawk
3) slalom etc
4) skating backwards.

I'm a girl btw, don't know if that will affect how well I can do :C

Please advise, so glad to find a skating forum!!!
wolfsbane902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 05:13 AM   #2
ChakaKhan

Welcome! I've only been really slaloming for a few months, and my general knowledge is still limited, but I'll share with you what I can:

As far as skates go, what your instructor offered are good choices. Basically you want a hard shell boot, which is what both the FR2 and High have. From my understanding, the FR (Freeride) skates are suited more towards just that - freeriding. They have a thicker lining for jumps and things of that nature. The High is a more hardcore slalom boot. It's narrower and has a thinner lining for more responsiveness, hence the ride isn't as comfortable, but that's not to say it isn't uncomfortable.

I really only slalom at the moment, and I imagine fittings for other types of skates are similar, but when you get your skates, you want them to be tight. They might take a couple weeks to break in. When I first got my FR1s, I couldn't feel my feet after half an hour.

You want a banana rocker for slalom. Typically the difference in wheel size is 4mm. I only have the 243mm frame, so I can't tell you much about frame length. I've read that in general shorter frames like 231mm are more slightly responsive, but heel/toe tricks are a bit harder. I suppose it comes down to preference (and foot size).

My advise for practicing would be to play around with your weight distribution. I had the same issue with t-braking until I figured out I had to put most of my weight over my front leg and slightly to the side to stop myself from spinning. It's the same for slalom tricks; what matters a lot is shifting your weight from skate to skate correctly, which lends itself to getting on your edges, maintaining momentum etc.

Don't get discouraged! I feel the same way - I've read about people getting to where I am in half the time, and wonder why I'm so slow. But take it at your own pace. It's a very satisfying feeling to finally figure out a new trick.

Hope this helped. I probably missed some stuff, but GregT is a prolific poster here, with much more knowledge. Expect him to fill in the gaps.
ChakaKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #3
wolfsbane902

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakaKhan View Post
Welcome! I've only been really slaloming for a few months, and my general knowledge is still limited, but I'll share with you what I can:

As far as skates go, what your instructor offered are good choices. Basically you want a hard shell boot, which is what both the FR2 and High have. From my understanding, the FR (Freeride) skates are suited more towards just that - freeriding. They have a thicker lining for jumps and things of that nature. The High is a more hardcore slalom boot. It's narrower and has a thinner lining for more responsiveness, hence the ride isn't as comfortable, but that's not to say it isn't uncomfortable.

I really only slalom at the moment, and I imagine fittings for other types of skates are similar, but when you get your skates, you want them to be tight. They might take a couple weeks to break in. When I first got my FR1s, I couldn't feel my feet after half an hour.

You want a banana rocker for slalom. Typically the difference in wheel size is 4mm. I only have the 243mm frame, so I can't tell you much about frame length. I've read that in general shorter frames like 231mm are more slightly responsive, but heel/toe tricks are a bit harder. I suppose it comes down to preference (and foot size).

My advise for practicing would be to play around with your weight distribution. I had the same issue with t-braking until I figured out I had to put most of my weight over my front leg and slightly to the side to stop myself from spinning. It's the same for slalom tricks; what matters a lot is shifting your weight from skate to skate correctly, which lends itself to getting on your edges, maintaining momentum etc.

Don't get discouraged! I feel the same way - I've read about people getting to where I am in half the time, and wonder why I'm so slow. But take it at your own pace. It's a very satisfying feeling to finally figure out a new trick.

Hope this helped. I probably missed some stuff, but GregT is a prolific poster here, with much more knowledge. Expect him to fill in the gaps.
Hi! What skates do you use?

I am very confused as to which one I should get, the FR280 or the Seba High Black. The difference in price to me, is a lot. As I'm just hoping to learn slalom, I don't know if it is worth paying so much a pop esp since I am still not very good at weight-shifting? What do you think?

Do you take lessons? Everything I know I've self-taught, and I realise that I've been doing a lot of them wrongly for years; although I'm a confident skater.

Is the FR2 better for street? becos I'd probably not use it purely for slalom, although I will do that once I learn how to. I won't be doing aggressive - I'm not that brave. (heard FR2 better for aggressive)
Old June 6th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #4
ChakaKhan

It sounds like the FR2 would be a better choice for you. I use a pair or FR1 2010s. You may want to consider looking into 2010 models, as you could get something like the FR1 which is slightly higher quality for a cheaper price. I know skatecrazy.net has FR1 2010s for USD $240 And 2010 Highs for USD $288, so that's a place to start
Old June 6th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #5
wolfsbane902

Quote:
It sounds like the FR2 would be a better choice for you. I use a pair or FR1 2010s. You may want to consider looking into 2010 models, as you could get something like the FR1 which is slightly higher quality for a cheaper price. I know skatecrazy.net has FR1 2010s for USD $240 And 2010 Highs for USD $288, so that's a place to start
Hi!

Do you know what's the diff between the FR1 and FR2?

I don't think I will buy it online, because I need to get the right fit. And I'm in Sg, so the shipping will not be cheap. I actually called up some skate shops in our country, and I told the guy who took my call in detail about what I was looking for...he recommended these skates :

1) FR280 - SGD359 (before 10% discount)
2) seba deluxe 2010 (blue and white) - SGD499
3) seba high 2012 - SGD599

Out of curiosity, are you taking slalom lessons? How did you start out learning/doing slalom?
Old June 6th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #6
ChakaKhan

From what I see, they don't look too different. The only difference I see in in bearings ILQ7s vs ILQ9s in the FR1s. That isn't an issue though. The FR2 seems like a good choice.
Old June 6th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #7
Druid
Bambi on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsbane902 View Post
Do you know what's the diff between the FR1 and FR2?
This is the best difference description I could find. Second post is the one with the info.

http://www.serpentineroad.com/viewtopic.php?p=476232
Druid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #8
wolfsbane902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druid View Post
This is the best difference description I could find. Second post is the one with the info.

http://www.serpentineroad.com/viewtopic.php?p=476232
Thanks, Druid! Seems like FR1s are a better choice. I'll see if I can find them in my country.

Btw, what skates do you use? =)

Quote:
From what I see, they don't look too different. The only difference I see in in bearings ILQ7s vs ILQ9s in the FR1s. That isn't an issue though. The FR2 seems like a good choice.
Thanks ChakaKhan! Do you think the FR2s are better for the price I stated in my previous post? There's a sale in my country now, so there's a 10% off on the FR280s. But I heard there will be new models coming in in about a month or so, so I'm wondering if I should buy it as that lower price is for them to 'clear old stock'.

What is 'freeride' though? I tried googling but I still don't quite understand, is it same as urban skating? It simply means skating on pavements, over road humps, and simple, small hops (eg pavement to road), right?

What kind of skating do you mostly do, slalom or freeride?
Old June 10th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #9
Druid
Bambi on wheels

Quote:
Thanks, Druid! Seems like FR1s are a better choice. I'll see if I can find them in my country.

Btw, what skates do you use? =)
I've just upgraded to a pair of FR1's myself (A month ago roughly), as before I had a pair of Roces that i bought very cheap in case my daughter didn't take to skating . . . She did take to it, so all's well, but I have decided that my goal is to learn this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-swBB3LRKs, so bought a decent pair to try and make it slightly easier.

I'm an extreme beginner at skating in general though, so my choice of skate has kind of been dictated by doing research here and elsewhere, and not actually liking the look of the Seba Highs despite them being consistently judged as 'the best'.
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #10
wolfsbane902

Quote:
I've just upgraded to a pair of FR1's myself (A month ago roughly), as before I had a pair of Roces that i bought very cheap in case my daughter didn't take to skating . . . She did take to it, so all's well, but I have decided that my goal is to learn this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-swBB3LRKs, so bought a decent pair to try and make it slightly easier.

I'm an extreme beginner at skating in general though, so my choice of skate has kind of been dictated by doing research here and elsewhere, and not actually liking the look of the Seba Highs despite them being consistently judged as 'the best'.
Hi Druid!

that does seem extremely difficult :X I want to learn the grapevine too, which is why I signed up for classes...to learn freestyle.

Update me on your progress! Are you and your daughter taking skating lessons? =)

How do you find your FR1s? Are they smooth, comfortable etc etc?

I tried my instructor's Seba Highs last week and it felt so much better than my k2 softboot. But it hurt me like crazy. I did 1.5hours in the Seba Highs. Wondering what to get, the FR2s (don't know if my country has FR1s, quite limited no. of skate shops here :C), or the Highs.
Old June 11th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #11
Druid
Bambi on wheels

Quote:
Update me on your progress! Are you and your daughter taking skating lessons? =)
We were. I bought her skates and 6 beginner lessons as christmas presents, but she wouldn't go to them unless I skated too, so I booked 6 for myself as well. They went ok, so we booked another 6 but her skates broke twice so I upgraded them to these. http://www.impactskates.co.uk/shop/r.../prod_663.html her choice not mine !

Quote:
How do you find your FR1s? Are they smooth, comfortable etc etc?
I don't think I can skate well enough yet to answer that properly. They are a massive improvement on what I had though , and the production quality is very impressive. Like you, I found they hurt like hell initially, but after three sessions (2 hours each) they fit snug. I'm doing something wrong though as I can't skate more than 2-2.5 hours without intense pain in two areas wearing either set of boots (so not the Seba's at fault) . Once I fix that I should imagine they are awesome

Quote:
I tried my instructor's Seba Highs last week and it felt so much better than my k2 softboot. But it hurt me like crazy. I did 1.5hours in the Seba Highs. Wondering what to get, the FR2s (don't know if my country has FR1s, quite limited no. of skate shops here :C), or the Highs.
Can't find a site near you that includes a price but I did find the following that might help you. the first are based in singapore and sell Seba, and the second is the singapore distributor for them so should be able to point you to a nearby seller.

http://www.hvpersport.com/index.aspx - These list FR1 and others on the site.
http://www.micro.com.sg/aboutus.html
Old June 13th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #12
wolfsbane902

Quote:
We were. I bought her skates and 6 beginner lessons as christmas presents, but she wouldn't go to them unless I skated too, so I booked 6 for myself as well. They went ok, so we booked another 6 but her skates broke twice so I upgraded them to these. http://www.impactskates.co.uk/shop/r.../prod_663.html her choice not mine !
Are you guys continuing lessons? Wow, that looks cool. The skates are all cheaper than in Singapore! Even the FR280s cost more than the hockey skates :C

Quote:
I don't think I can skate well enough yet to answer that properly. They are a massive improvement on what I had though , and the production quality is very impressive. Like you, I found they hurt like hell initially, but after three sessions (2 hours each) they fit snug. I'm doing something wrong though as I can't skate more than 2-2.5 hours without intense pain in two areas wearing either set of boots (so not the Seba's at fault) . Once I fix that I should imagine they are awesome ]
Previously what skates were you using? You mentioned Roces, but they were for your daughter, right? Maybe you should bring your skates down to the shop where you purchased them, and tell them about your problem? How often do you skate?

Quote:
Can't find a site near you that includes a price but I did find the following that might help you. the first are based in singapore and sell Seba, and the second is the singapore distributor for them so should be able to point you to a nearby seller.

http://www.hvpersport.com/index.aspx - These list FR1 and others on the site.
http://www.micro.com.sg/aboutus.html
Thanks a lot Druid! I went down to the outlets to get some recommendations; unfortunately the sales people there weren't too helpful. They only gave short replies to my questions, failing to elaborate more unless pushed. Even then they were a tad impatient.

Having a hard time choosing skates, I'm afraid to take the Seba Highs because of the high cost, and as I have pretty wide feet, they hurt me so terribly (when I was using my instructor's set) that I almost couldn't move in them. But after that session in the Seba Highs, going back to my k2 softboots felt very strange - wobbly.

The websites aren't updated, because when I went down they said they do not stock FR1s :X
Old June 13th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #13
GregT

Quote:
Having a hard time choosing skates, I'm afraid to take the Seba Highs because of the high cost, and as I have pretty wide feet, they hurt me so terribly (when I was using my instructor's set) that I almost couldn't move in them. But after that session in the Seba Highs, going back to my k2 softboots felt very strange - wobbly.
Yeah, the Seba High has a very thick yet stiff liner that takes a long time to break in (@ 1 month for me) if it is the correct size for your foot. Once broken in, though, it is generally very comfortable, and provides great control (though less than the carbon fiber Igor). But geez, it can be painful until then.

It's very difficult returning to one of the big recreational brands after riding a well-fitted Seba boot.
GregT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2012, 09:37 AM   #14
wolfsbane902

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregT View Post
Yeah, the Seba High has a very thick yet stiff liner that takes a long time to break in (@ 1 month for me) if it is the correct size for your foot. Once broken in, though, it is generally very comfortable, and provides great control (though less than the carbon fiber Igor). But geez, it can be painful until then.

It's very difficult returning to one of the big recreational brands after riding a well-fitted Seba boot.
Greg, is the Igor better than Seba High?

I nearly crashed too many times in the Seba Highs, because the speed seemed much faster, although my K2s use ILQ7 bearings and are hi-low rockered. My instructor said his were flat.
Old June 19th, 2012, 05:23 AM   #15
GregT

I would say yes, the Igor is clearly a better skate than the High. It's lighter, thinner, and the carbon fiber shell is much stiffer, providing plenty of precise control for hard technical tricks.

However, it's fit/feel is a bit different and may not inspire quite the warm emotions, depending on what you like.

If fitted properly, the High requires a long and painful break-in period for the thick/stiff thermal liner to compress to all the bumps of your foot. If you stick through the break-in though, you generally end up with a very comfy feeling that I love - much like a pair of slippers, but custom-fitted for your foot.

Luckily the Igor with its much thinner liner requires much less break-in time, and generally little pain. However, the carbon fiber is very stiff, and feels to me more like a speed skate than a slipper. You will likely feel the road more on the Igor (like a good sports card), and you will definitely feel the shell more. But that stiffness gives you more control over the direction of movement, which is good, depending on the type tricks you are doing.

Neither skate is going to keep you from falling, though. Until someone comes with an anti-gravity boot, that's just going to require practice. You'll find you fall less and less.

New clean bearings will make you go faster at first (Highs and Igors both come with very smooth Twincam ILQ-9 Pros), but that won't last long. Get them a bit dirty or wet and you'll wish you had that speed again.

I strongly suggest you do NOT switch to flat however. I will argue all day with anyone who claims that you should skate a flat wheel setup when slaloming. I can think of no single equipment decision that can more stunt your slalom growth than skating flat. The squirrelly sensation may take a few weeks to get used to, but you will never regret skating rockered as you progress. There is no argument on this point.

I like skating street rockered too, because I find it more free and fun and it helps your fundamental skills. But flat is a bit faster. For slalom, however, there is no question that you should stick to rockered wheels.

Good luck!

Last edited by GregT; June 20th, 2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #16
GregT

Bearings too fast.
Old June 20th, 2012, 06:52 AM   #17
Naomi

Quote:
I'm a girl btw, don't know if that will affect how well I can do :C
Since I spent the better part of my teens & 20s flogging the skating-ego of almost every guy that I came across, I can safely advise you that *No* it won't.

Edit: Yes Greg. Bearings too fast.
Naomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 03:01 AM   #18
wolfsbane902

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregT View Post
I would say yes, the Igor is clearly a better skate than the High. It's lighter, thinner, and the carbon fiber shell is much stiffer, providing plenty of precise control for hard technical tricks.

However, it's fit/feel is a bit different and may not inspire quite the warm emotions, depending on what you like.

If fitted properly, the High requires a long and painful break-in period for the thick/stiff thermal liner to compress to all the bumps of your foot. If you stick through the break-in though, you generally end up with a very comfy feeling that I love - much like a pair of slippers, but custom-fitted for your foot.

Luckily the Igor with its much thinner liner requires much less break-in time, and generally little pain. However, the carbon fiber is very stiff, and feels to me more like a speed skate than a slipper. You will likely feel the road more on the Igor (like a good sports card), and you will definitely feel the shell more. But that stiffness gives you more control over the direction of movement, which is good, depending on the type tricks you are doing.

Neither skate is going to keep you from falling, though. Until someone comes with an anti-gravity boot, that's just going to require practice. You'll find you fall less and less.

New clean bearings will make you go faster at first (Highs and Igors both come with very smooth Twincam ILQ-9 Pros), but that won't last long. Get them a bit dirty or wet and you'll wish you had that speed again.

I strongly suggest you do NOT switch to flat however. I will argue all day with anyone who claims that you should skate a flat wheel setup when slaloming. I can think of no single equipment decision that can more stunt your slalom growth than skating flat. The squirrelly sensation may take a few weeks to get used to, but you will never regret skating rockered as you progress. There is no argument on this point.

I like skating street rockered too, because I find it more free and fun and it helps your fundamental skills. But flat is a bit faster. For slalom, however, there is no question that you should stick to rockered wheels.

Good luck!
Hi Greg! Thanks so much for the very comprehensive replies! Iíve been skating banana-rockered for the past 2 years or so, in parks, on pavements etc..itís true the banana-rockers were more unstable but I enjoyed the squirrelly feeling tbh Iíve landed really hard on my bum far too often in the 2years ever since I switched to banana-rockered. I hardly ever fall until then!

My balance is still not v good as it should be (for someone with more than a decadeís skating under her belt), but itís slowly improving due to my taking up skating classes. It will be 2 months Ė 8 lessons Ė in another 1 or 2 lessons. My instructor told me to do the hi-low setup which is what Iím using now as itís more stable for me atm with my skills *embarrassed*Iím thinking of stopping lessons for the moment Ė a month or so Ė because I havenít had much time to practise my new skills due to my work :C

I saw a thread on the differences between Seba High 2010 and 2012, and you made a comment that it was mostly cosmetic? I see 2011s (already the full black boot) in our shops here, and Iív heard from my instructor that 2012s are coming in end July. The 2011s cost SGD$559 now, down from SGD$599 a month ago. Should I buy them or wait for the 2012s?

From the design, my instructorís set was the 2010 or earlier ones. Iíve only tried once so far for 1.5hours (embarrassed to ask him to bring it for me again) and it hurt really really bad. He said it has already been broken in so it shouldnít hurt. Are seba highs meant to be broken in for each new user that uses them, or once broken in by the first user, should feel comfortable to all others who use it after him?

Do you think I should buy the highs or just stick with my skates (found my first pair, which is at least 12 years old now Ė itís a hard boot, ABEC 5; my 3rd and current pair is a soft boot K2 ILQ7 which doesnít have any ankle support, thatís why I switched to my old one Ė got really worried for my ankles when my instructor tried to teach me static turns)? Considering that Iím really terrible :C should I not waste my money on the high-end skates? (to me the Highs are high-end because my previous skates all cost a max of SGD$300; even though I checked out and the Igors cost so much more than the Highs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
Since I spent the better part of my teens & 20s flogging the skating-ego of almost every guy that I came across, I can safely advise you that *No* it won't.

Hi Naomi! Thanks for the encouragement! Iím not saying that girls canít do as well and better than the guys, but there are so few ladies who excel at freestyle skating like you!

And I was just wondering if the ladiesí physiology would affect Ė wider hips and allÖI know running is said to be bad for ladies because of the wide hips.

Greg & Naomi..were you guys saying I kept nearly crashing because the bearings were too fast? I think itís my skills that need improvement..plus I have never cleaned my bearings in the years Iíve used my skates :P (more than 6 years for the k2) the instructor changed his a month ago (at the time I was using his Highs)
Old June 28th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #19
wolfsbane902

Oh...and uh..there's another problem with my buying skates that fit Ė I have really, really really broad feet. The length is 23.5 Ė 24.0cm, but the width is 10.6cm across the bunions. So I usually have to get at least a size 25.0 Ė 25.5cm boot so it fits the width..but that means my feet are sliding around because the length is obviously too long :C

My instructor told me if I really wanted the Highs, to buy a size up for High boots, and purchase liner in my actual foot size. Is his advice right? The people in our skate shops arenít really helpful, so I canít get good help from them. They are more concerned with selling off their stocks. I had a totally wrong fit for my 2nd pair of skates. It was too big Ė could put my thumb and then more even with socks on. But at that time I was just a noob so I relied fully on the retail guy to help me..and it was a k2 softboot. Reason why I got my 3rd pair a week after :C

My issues right now :
1) Worth it to buy a High when Iím not good?
2) Fitting

I am willing to save up for the Highs..but quite hesitant now :C rather a pair of new skates than new bag/clothes/makeup. Iíll just go hungry for 2 months plus I have to pay for lessons and a new padset (never wore padsets, maybe buying one will help me fear falling less?)
Old July 19th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #20
slowsk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi View Post

You still do
slowsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote