S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old June 11th, 2017, 03:42 AM   #1
panch0

Default Kayser Custom Boots

So, I've seen on FB and Instagram a few skaters on Kaiser boots... Some good looking stuff and some very interesting building concepts. They guy looks like a hard working meticulous detailing guy... anyone knows about Kaiser boots enough to make a "review" here?

Last edited by panch0; June 12th, 2017 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Just noticed Kaiser is spelled with an "i". My apologies.
panch0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2017, 12:41 AM   #2
onurleft

- sorry I can't help with that request.
FWIW, most of the serious speed skaters in my neck of the woods who have already gone the custom skate route eventually end up using Pual Marchase -
http://www.marcheseracing.com/index....id=6&Itemid=13
onurleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2017, 12:59 AM   #3
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

I watched Al do a molding for a pair of custom Kaiser boots at the Easter meet this past April. He uses 2 large boxes for the castings. It was interesting.

I know a few people that have his customs and love them.

As for Marchese, one of my teammates and one of the guys I compete against have their customs and love them as well.

Pancho, have you really exhausted all of your options w/ the custom Simmons boots? I'd hate to think that you paid $1400-$1600 for a pair of boots that you're not going to use.
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2017, 12:11 PM   #4
spdkls

He's been doing that same type casting for 20 years.

I've never had one personally but there are the plenty that are loyal to Al that love his boots. The only negative I've heard is he the wait time. He was like 6 months at one point.

I'll stick with my Pinnacle.
spdkls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2017, 07:14 PM   #5
onurleft

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdkls View Post
He's been doing that same type casting for 20 years.

I've never had one personally but there are the plenty that are loyal to Al that love his boots. The only negative I've heard is he the wait time. He was like 6 months at one point.

I'll stick with my Pinnacle.
That actually does not sound too unreasonable. When I was looking into customs I was told the average wait time for Marchese is a year, possibly closer to two around years approaching a winter Olympics!
onurleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2017, 08:07 PM   #6
reely?
2016 US National Champion

[QUOTE=spdkls;726225]He's been doing that same type casting for 20 years.

I'll stick with my Edgteks

We have a few skaters on my team that have been on them for about a year. What Jessie said about the lead time is accurate. Feedback is they're very comfortable, excellent ankle support, heavier than most customs, quality is excellent and only one row of mounting holes. He does ask you what frame you're planning to skate on and what fore to aft placement preferences.

Spring, TX.
reely? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2017, 01:59 PM   #7
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reely? View Post
only one row of mounting holes. He does ask you what frame you're planning to skate on and what fore to aft placement preferences.
I had forgotten about this. For someone like me, I couldn't use this type of boot, since I swap frames what some would consider often, especially for my indoor boots (4x110 and 3x125).
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote