S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old January 27th, 2019, 07:55 PM   #1
Joey

Default Antik Jet Carbon speed boot/shoe - Just Got Mine!

Heat molded them right out of the box. Greatly softened them up.

Day 1: Skated cones in the house for an hour, then left them on for another two hours. It was pouring outside, of course. The "new skate" curse.

Put an easy 5 miles on them outdoors Day 2.

Put an easy 1/2 marathon on them Day 3.

Day 4, another 1/2 marathon with a little more speed.

Day 5, commuted to work about 5 miles in the real world, which will be these skates main purpose.

No rubs, blisters, or pressure points! I use double socks and one foam make-up pad under the top edge of each tongue where I felt the slightest pressure. As they break in, that pressure is fading.

I was saving up for a pair of Reidell Solaris shoes at about $350. The Antik skate shoes are made in China and shipped for $290. So I took a chance and hit the jackpot. Time will tell about durability but they sure look like decent quality.

(Just the shoe, everything else was already in my possession and well used)

Old February 9th, 2019, 12:33 AM   #2
hoohoorjoo

Glad you found something that fits and works for you. I personally love my Solaris boots(got them at my local rink, 20% off during a Christmas-inJuly sale). Never had a boot before these that never had a hotspot right out of the box. They have HTF5 heat-moldable sections all the way around, but I never molded them because they fit SO well.
hoohoorjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 04:12 PM   #3
Joey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoohoorjoo View Post
Glad you found something that fits and works for you. I personally love my Solaris boots(got them at my local rink, 20% off during a Christmas-inJuly sale). Never had a boot before these that never had a hotspot right out of the box. They have HTF5 heat-moldable sections all the way around, but I never molded them because they fit SO well.
I tried the Solaris on at my local skate shop when they first came out and just didn't have the cash at that time. And the boots i had were working "ok" but certainly on the low end of the scale. I wasn't even sure about quads for commuting to work after so many years on inline skates. But my inlines are super dangerous on damp or wet streets, water mostly from street cleaners and maybe some fog or yesterdays rain.

As I became confident that quads were the way to go my old skates, being all leather, were taking a beating from all the water i skated through so I was going to try the Solaris on again but alas, my local skate shop went away.

Searching the Web for another source I found that Antik was farming out a nice speed boot from China a little cheaper, so I waited for them to be released, took a look at them and couldn't see any reason for not keeping them.

I ordered them from Medusa Skates in Austin, TX on the recommendation of a friend who lives in Austin. No problems, very supportive people.

Now I can skate through water without much concern since the bottoms are all carbon soles. I just wipe them down with Lemon Pledge when I get to work and they look like right out of the box again!

Fit is great, and unless they just start falling apart I will be very happy with them for a long time!

Cheers!
Old February 18th, 2019, 02:11 PM   #4
Tislord

Had no idea that boot was made in China I know the AR1 is american made. I think that alone is enough to keep me way.
Tislord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2019, 05:31 PM   #5
Joey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tislord View Post
Had no idea that boot was made in China I know the AR1 is american made. I think that alone is enough to keep me way.
Yeah, I don't blame you. I really wanted a Solaris or other USA made boot. I chose the Jet Carbon because it will get a lot of wet weather use. In fact, it is my go-to rain skate as my inline skates are CRAZY slippery under even damp conditions. My old quads grip like mad but the boots were all leather and I was killing them.

Honestly, I wanted something "cheap" but good to abuse in the rain so maybe I can afford to replace them often. However, I find the Jets to be REALLY nice, well made, and hopefully durable enough. They are beautiful boots for the money and don't seem to care one bit about water.
Old March 22nd, 2019, 04:18 AM   #6
Joey

Default Antik Jet Carbon boots

I skated two 50km sessions on the new Antik Jet Carbon boots recently. I believe I could wear them all day. Plates are Powerdyne Reactor NEO, wheels are Radar Energy 65mm, now worn to about 62mm.

I am loving these skates. Enjoy some photos.

If you want more I am on Endomondo as Joey Brooks
https://www.endomondo.com/profile/35663751
Old March 22nd, 2019, 07:57 AM   #7
CNQuadSkater

More quads in the rain.:d
CNQuadSkater is offline   Reply With Quote