S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum Discussions about roller dancing, jamskating, rexing, rink session skating, dance circle skating, and similar types of recreational indoor and outdoor skate dancing .

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2014, 07:02 PM   #1
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Massachusetts: N. Central & NE
Posts: 4,650
Default Skate Music 2014 (2nd Half)

OK I thought about a comment tread on new skate songs.

Or Songs we or YOU just recently heard because we are not young and into this music full time to keep us pumping like the teens, young_adults.

Here is a pretty good one to skate, with new lyrics, videos YET that same old great beat that makes you bounce when skating. Any comment good or bad is a good addition.


Taylor Swift - Shake it Off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

Comment: My wife said hey I thought she did country. I think she, and her handlers, are copying some of Katy Perry's work. Which is OK if you get good music out of the project.

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
__________________
InDoor Quads: Witch Doctor Wheels, Bones Swiss/Qube-Gold Bearings, Older RollerBlade Wrist Guards -| InDoor Clothes: Cargo Shorts, Sweat Towel
MANY_SkatingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2014, 11:28 PM   #2
Derrick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Northeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANY_SkatingDave View Post
OK I thought about a comment tread on new skate songs.

Or Songs we or YOU just recently heard because we are not young and into this music full time to keep us pumping like the teens, young_adults.

Here is a pretty good one to skate, with new lyrics, videos YET that same old great beat that makes you bounce when skating. Any comment good or bad is a good addition.


Taylor Swift - Shake it Off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

Comment: My wife said hey I thought she did country. I think she, and her handlers, are copying some of Katy Perry's work. Which is OK if you get good music out of the project.

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
I like to bounce (Becky -- Singing n the shower), but I love to glide (Sia -- Chandelier).
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2014, 07:09 AM   #3
Rink Rat
Rhythm Skater
 
Rink Rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: D.C.U.S.A.
Posts: 210
Default

It sucks.
Rink Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2014, 05:16 PM   #4
Derrick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Northeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rink Rat View Post
It sucks.
Don't know that one, but I'd skate it anyway.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 07:40 PM   #5
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Massachusetts: N. Central & NE
Posts: 4,650
Default Skate Music with Music Change Ups

Hi All,
Haven't read any replies, yet I have heard this song for the 6th or 7th time and thought it worthy for comment. Still have not skated to it, yet need to request it to see how I skate it.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CibjkFL2yfc
Cool Kids - Echosmith (Lyrics Video)

The beauty of this song other than the Clean Words, and ideas it promotes, is that it is good music. On fast shuffle songs I love what I call the interludes where the song seems to slow down for a minute or so and then the fast and furious continues. Kind of like interval training for biking, hiking, hard walking etc. This song gives you play time on skates if you use it wisely.

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
P.S. I love lyrics only You Tubes. I thus don't have to deal with questionable videos and maybe a questionable message to teens/young adults.
__________________
InDoor Quads: Witch Doctor Wheels, Bones Swiss/Qube-Gold Bearings, Older RollerBlade Wrist Guards -| InDoor Clothes: Cargo Shorts, Sweat Towel
MANY_SkatingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 02:54 PM   #6
Derrick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Northeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANY_SkatingDave View Post
Hi All,
Haven't read any replies, yet I have heard this song for the 6th or 7th time and thought it worthy for comment. Still have not skated to it, yet need to request it to see how I skate it.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CibjkFL2yfc
Cool Kids - Echosmith (Lyrics Video)

The beauty of this song other than the Clean Words, and ideas it promotes, is that it is good music. On fast shuffle songs I love what I call the interludes where the song seems to slow down for a minute or so and then the fast and furious continues. Kind of like interval training for biking, hiking, hard walking etc. This song gives you play time on skates if you use it wisely.

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
P.S. I love lyrics only You Tubes. I thus don't have to deal with questionable videos and maybe a questionable message to teens/young adults.
I like that tune too, but it is getting way too much air time here. "Rude" went that way as well, used to like it then they played 20 times a day.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2014, 04:23 AM   #7
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Massachusetts: N. Central & NE
Posts: 4,650
Default Not Playing as much here Maybe

Hi Derrick,

Yeah I know what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
I like that tune too, but it is getting way too much air time here. "Rude" went that way as well, used to like it then they played 20 times a day.
I guess this is on the Top 40s or whatever it is called now days, so the kids request it a ton of times. I did not know that when I requested it.

Wish I could remember some of the others that 'just' got played and played way too often to the annoying point. One of the Frozen Movie songs is one, now, and then there was one about wearing old clothes, salvation army, a dime in your pocket or some such thing that used to annoy me. I really did not like that last one, yet it was played over and over again and the kids loved it.

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave

Edit-01: The reason I said maybe is that I haven't been to late night teen night, Friday or Saturday in a few weeks, and stuff like music changes fast as the new songs come on in.
__________________
InDoor Quads: Witch Doctor Wheels, Bones Swiss/Qube-Gold Bearings, Older RollerBlade Wrist Guards -| InDoor Clothes: Cargo Shorts, Sweat Towel

Last edited by MANY_SkatingDave; October 12th, 2014 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Fast Teen Changes
MANY_SkatingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2014, 12:15 AM   #8
Derrick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Northeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANY_SkatingDave View Post
Hi Derrick,

Yeah I know what you mean.



I guess this is on the Top 40s or whatever it is called now days, so the kids request it a ton of times. I did not know that when I requested it.

Wish I could remember some of the others that 'just' got played and played way too often to the annoying point. One of the Frozen Movie songs is one, now, and then there was one about wearing old clothes, salvation army, a dime in your pocket or some such thing that used to annoy me. I really did not like that last one, yet it was played over and over again and the kids loved it.

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave

Edit-01: The reason I said maybe is that I haven't been to late night teen night, Friday or Saturday in a few weeks, and stuff like music changes fast as the new songs come on in.
Yea they played those two songs. I like the frozen one, it's a local favorite and the young kids skate crazy arabesques to it, each doing as well as they can. My kids sit it out though.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2014, 03:03 AM   #9
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Massachusetts: N. Central & NE
Posts: 4,650
Default Frozen was a Hit at Roll On America Columbus Day

Hi Derrick,

A little off topic, yet OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
Yea they played those two songs. I like the frozen one, it's a local favorite and the young kids skate crazy arabesques to it, each doing as well as they can. My kids sit it out though.
I skated today to an entire Frozen event at Roll On. We had the Princess, in a beautiful gown, her gal buddy dressed nice, Olaf, etc and a lot of games for the little kids.

Most of the kids could not skate and were on scooters or skate_mates. A bit discouraging for their migration to skating.

Anyway I don't like any of the Frozen songs. Yet hey the kids like them cause it is their pop_culture.

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
__________________
InDoor Quads: Witch Doctor Wheels, Bones Swiss/Qube-Gold Bearings, Older RollerBlade Wrist Guards -| InDoor Clothes: Cargo Shorts, Sweat Towel
MANY_SkatingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2014, 03:34 AM   #10
Derrick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Northeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANY_SkatingDave View Post
Hi Derrick,

A little off topic, yet OK



I skated today to an entire Frozen event at Roll On. We had the Princess, in a beautiful gown, her gal buddy dressed nice, Olaf, etc and a lot of games for the little kids.

Most of the kids could not skate and were on scooters or skate_mates. A bit discouraging for their migration to skating.

Anyway I don't like any of the Frozen songs. Yet hey the kids like them cause it is their pop_culture.

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
Yea, just the one song is good enough.

How about some Pink tunes, "just give me a reason" comes to mind. Sam Smith"stay with me" is good to skate to. But I usually switch stations when its on the radio.

My oldest always request country tunes. I threaten to skate the tune with my thumbs in my belt loops. I like a couple of them but don't know them so well.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 01:58 AM   #11
jotson
Senior Member
 
jotson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 552
Default

I would love to try skating to Hideaway by Kiesza. Sounds like it would make a great stepping routine, like the downtown.
jotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 04:07 AM   #12
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Massachusetts: N. Central & NE
Posts: 4,650
Default Hideaway should work OK

Hi Jotson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotson View Post
I would love to try skating to Hideaway by Kiesza. Sounds like it would make a great stepping routine, like the downtown.
The beat should work OK, skated to similar for a regular fast rythmn skate. It is not the best of beats with change ups that speed you up and slow you down yet it works fine, as many other old and now songs. Not sure I could do special foot work with this song, as some others I know when they come up. YET if it works for your feet, than it works.

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
P.S. Jotson, I bought another pair of wright socks that are a bit higher from LL Bean. Guess I will see if I like the short or the longer ones for skating.
__________________
InDoor Quads: Witch Doctor Wheels, Bones Swiss/Qube-Gold Bearings, Older RollerBlade Wrist Guards -| InDoor Clothes: Cargo Shorts, Sweat Towel
MANY_SkatingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 04:53 PM   #13
pjmariner
Thinkin' of a master plan
 
pjmariner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Marshfield, MA
Posts: 742
Default Marc is playing this regularly now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANY_SkatingDave View Post
Hi Jotson,


The beat should work OK, skated to similar for a regular fast rythmn skate. It is not the best of beats with change ups that speed you up and slow you down yet it works fine, as many other old and now songs. Not sure I could do special foot work with this song, as some others I know when they come up. YET if it works for your feet, than it works.
I love skating to this song, Me and Michelle at Skateland had a good shuffle for this one, but alas, her and Paul have flown south for the summer.
__________________
Until cities and states start installing anti-aircraft batteries and firing on these jets that are implementing the genocidal agenda of the NWO.... -Armadillo
pjmariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 03:24 AM   #14
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Massachusetts: N. Central & NE
Posts: 4,650
Default Sweet Dreams are Made of This

Hi PJmariner,

Oh well they (M&P) are off in their motor home and will visit even more skate rinks and skate places across the country. We will hear about it later in the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmariner View Post
I love skating to this song, Me and Michelle at Skateland had a good shuffle for this one, but alas, her and Paul have flown south for the summer.
PJ before you came along P&M took over from the InLine Club of Boston and we had a Jam Skate of Adults down in Beverly for a few years. Don't think Paul liked working the front box office so it was eventually scratched.

AnyWAY Jotson, There you have it PJ skates this song 'well' on shuffle skates two in a row with slide laterals. So it has got to be OK, and I will have to request it just to see for myself.

BTW, Here is one of many songs that create a change up beat that gives you some great footwork. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovvePzbSLrQ
Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics. I know not current yet I am slowly logging great songs on my IPad.

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
__________________
InDoor Quads: Witch Doctor Wheels, Bones Swiss/Qube-Gold Bearings, Older RollerBlade Wrist Guards -| InDoor Clothes: Cargo Shorts, Sweat Towel
MANY_SkatingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2014, 02:01 PM   #15
1986SST
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: D/FW, Texas
Posts: 7
Default

I got to skate to Bang Bang - Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nikki Minaj last night. Good beat, a little on the fast side. Or possibly I was just really tired because the DJ hit several home runs last night and wore my son and I smoothe out.

Anaconda - Nikki Minaj
The hook for this is Sir Mix Alot's Baby Got Back. Words are a bit rough for my conservative sensibilities, but a good beat.
1986SST is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.