S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:03 PM   #1
okie

Thumbs up "DILLO AND IBRASSIM""""""" Come Back! Come Back wherever you are!

Don't let these Knotheads run you off.

JUST Because they Disagree does not always mean there right.

We miss youyou been here to long to quit now. You know like you think after you been married for a year. Why Me

Come on back and show us some of your new stuff

We promise not to giggle (to much).

Lots of new skate stuff being built right now,if your not here you will miss it!

Hopefully your not in trouble or sickly

Okie
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Sidewinder
UFO

I can hear the cries of forum members in the distance...

Help us Dillo, our suspension isn't optimized. You are our only hope
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:14 PM   #3
Inline?-LOL
Did you just fall???

LOL.. Okie im sure they will be back
Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:44 PM   #4
pavement

I think those three should start a communion or something.....
Old February 3rd, 2012, 07:01 PM   #5
Guns840
P.T.H.D

team nonsense. lol
Old February 3rd, 2012, 07:20 PM   #6
RiedellSk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
I can hear the cries of forum members in the distance...

Help us Dillo, our suspension isn't optimized. You are our only hope
lol
Old February 3rd, 2012, 08:11 PM   #7
Iggy
DGS Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns840 View Post
team nonsense. lol
lol Love it

Don't fret. Dillo and Larry always disappear for a while, but they always resurface for and tell us all that we don't know what we're talking about for a few weeks. They'll be back
Old February 3rd, 2012, 09:04 PM   #8
Wild42

Default My Fault

I am afraid this is all my fault. I guess all the taunting and the Choclate Thunder thighs got carried a way abit. I will see Larry tonight, I willl give him a big kiss for you OKIE.

I might act real slow and let him lap me a bit tonight, might as well I am running your ATOMS tonight, LOL.. You sure don,t think I would let him beet me when I was running the KINGS wheels did you.

Wes
Old February 4th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #9
cass38a

They are off looking for a problem to fit their latest solution
cass38a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2012, 04:17 AM   #10
Armadillo

No fear - I am here. Only skated twice in last five weeks - cracked ribs healing slowly. when I am not rollin', don't feel much like postin'.

Biding my time until Nationals. Tired of arguing results produced vs. opinions of others.
Race results will soon be doing my talking for me - or not.
Working on the sub-800 gram size 9M build now (64mm OD wheels too).
Designing the One-for-All plate too => 100% modular.
Hanger modules in multiple geometries, and toe/heel stop module - all infinitely re-positionable along length of plate channel. Install whatever degree kingpin hanger blocks you want - 5,10,15,20,30 degree. Position them wherever you want them. Mix or match kingpin and action angles. Need more wheel clearance - order a taller hanger block. Install stops at either end, or remove when not wanted.

Anyone have any suggestions for a long enough wheelbase durable plate large enough to fit a SIZE 13.5 foot ~250 LB. skater? I am thinking ~8" wheelbase.
It's an outdoor build on soccer shoes, so a decent area toe platform will be needed. Trying to avoid added carbon fiber sheet. Will be reverse mounted plates with stops @heel. Rannalli SA would be good if I could find another size 10

-Armadillo
Old February 4th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #11
scrapdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
No fear - I am here. Only skated twice in last five weeks - cracked ribs healing slowly. when I am not rollin', don't feel much like postin'.

Biding my time until Nationals. Tired of arguing results produced vs. opinions of others.
Hanger modules in multiple geometries, and toe/heel stop module - all infinitely re-positionable along length of plate channel. Install whatever degree kingpin hanger blocks you want - 5,10,15,20,30 degree. Position them wherever you want them. Mix or match kingpin and action angles. Need more wheel clearance - order a taller hanger block. Install stops at either end, or remove when not wanted.

Anyone have any suggestions for a long enough wheelbase durable plate large enough to fit a SIZE 13.5 foot ~250 LB. skater? I am thinking ~8" wheelbase.
It's an outdoor build on soccer shoes, so a decent area toe platform will be needed. Trying to avoid added carbon fiber sheet. Will be reverse mounted plates with stops @heel. Rannalli SA would be good if I could find another size 10

-Armadillo
magnum, huge foot platform, a sz 7 or 8 will get that wheelbase, easy to find too, unless you want a mag mag, that might take some looking. and they will not need any crazy cone setup becouse when converted to da45 with the avail kit, they turn like crazy, for that guy, i would go red/purple and he will be happy, this being said, im betting you go with something old, hard to find, and modify it endlessly to make it work the way want, but you asked! and broken ribs??? did you brake a KP?
Old February 4th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #12
scrapdaddy

Quote:

-Armadillo
also like to add that what your talking about above, with the slider setup and exchange system, has been done before, and didnt sell, do the research man, no point in wasting time on something thats been done before and failed.......
and i think it was more of a issue of, well, very few would need it, most people have purpose built skates at our level of play, and multiple sets for the different activities, i know i do, and even tho i have to tear apart my skates and clean every little bit after i skate outside( mag doesnt like water) i dont want to have to pull down my skates and swap parts to keep skating, i just grab my indoors setup(exactly the same actually but only used indoors) and go, i have ramp/outdoor skates, and then rink/derby skates, i ref so my kit doesnt get buggered at practice, i used to run longer plates outdoors, but found the 7" wb is great for me no matter where i am, the ramp skates have a little more action taken out, but thats just to stablize the wobble when re-entering the bowl from air travel......JUST MY 2CENTS WORTH
Old February 4th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #13
Armadillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapdaddy View Post
also like to add that what your talking about above, with the slider setup and exchange system, has been done before, and didnt sell, do the research man, no point in wasting time on something thats been done before and failed.......
and i think it was more of a issue of, well, very few would need it, most people have purpose built skates at our level of play, and multiple sets for the different activities, i know i do, and even tho i have to tear apart my skates and clean every little bit after i skate outside( mag doesnt like water) i dont want to have to pull down my skates and swap parts to keep skating, i just grab my indoors setup(exactly the same actually but only used indoors) and go, i have ramp/outdoor skates, and then rink/derby skates, i ref so my kit doesn't get buggered at practice, i used to run longer plates outdoors, but found the 7" wb is great for me no matter where i am, the ramp skates have a little more action taken out, but thats just to stablize the wobble when re-entering the bowl from air travel......JUST MY 2CENTS WORTH
You still could have your separate Indoor modular build and your Outdoor modular build, but you can then individually fine tune them over time via hanger re-positioning etc., and then, further down the road, completely make them over when you get tired of them the way they are.
Most importantly, the plate channel couldn even be fully integrated into the carbon fiber sole of the boot.

-Armadillo

Last edited by Armadillo; February 5th, 2012 at 12:52 AM.
Armadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #14
scrapdaddy

i was going to try and explain, but you aint listening
Old February 5th, 2012, 04:19 AM   #15
pavement

He never does.......
Old February 11th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #16
Armadillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapdaddy View Post
i was going to try and explain, but you aint listening
How am I supposed to "listen" to what you were "going to try and explain" If you ever get going with your explanation, let me know & I promise to listen!

-Armadillo
Old February 11th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #17
scrapdaddy

Quote:
How am I supposed to "listen" to what you were "going to try and explain" If you ever get going with your explanation, let me know & I promise to listen!

-Armadillo
i did, above, and you missed my point entirely, im not going to try and re-explain what i allready stated, dillo, we are cool and all, but you do have a huge problem actually responding on subject and point of a post, your response often are in rebutle but in a complete different direction not addressing the details or info in a post. and things then become a roundy round, and if i aint got my skates on, i dont like to dance.....
Old February 11th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #18
quadbob

Cool nats

hey dillo did you say nationals! as in, indoor speed national championships in lincoln nebraska this year!
thats cool! i hope you are serious, as i would like to meet some skatelogers.
what division are you? if you go i wish you the best of luck. as i do everyone who goes. i'll be there probably getting my ars kicked but i'll be there. looking forward to it.

bob.
quadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #19
NorCal03

Default Attend?

Can, non-participants just go and watch Nationals? That could be cool to see; do you know when/where?
NorCal03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #20
quadbob

Cool nats

yes they can, spectators are welcome. it's in lincoln nebraska this year and will be saturday the last day of nats, speed starts the 14th of july. quads are saturday july 21st. you can find it on usars web page. oh, janklarson posted the nats schedule in the quad speed forum so it's there.
quadbob is offline   Reply With Quote