S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old August 4th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #1
Philphine

Default $5.50

haven't really been skating much lately (getting back into this has been harder and less enjoyable than i thought), but it's still hard to pass a cheap deal.

got these at a flea market for $2 sunday. the boots are supposed to be a size 10, but i can't begin to get my feet in them. got some stretchers in them now but i think it's a lost cause. they're some kind of riedel.

somebody here told me what the plates are from another cheap pair i have that had them, but i forgot. the rear trucks are bent anyway. i don't know how you do that.

70mm krypto reds. well worth it if i can't use the rest. probaly gonna put them on another cheap boot/plate find for street skates.

got these in a thrift store for $3.50 yesterday. looking through old threads here i guess it was a common package at one time.

labeda pro377 boot. size 10 again, but i can actually get into them though tight. they'll get a shoe stretch try next. if i can use them they'll be for a second rink pair or my main street skate boot replacement. gotta dye them black though.

pacer hard candy plate. the stopper is broke off one. i like stoppers on my skates so i guess i look out for some kind of parts deal on a single plate. for some reason a cusion is missing off each truck. don't know how you skate them that way. they lock up as soon as you try to move.

weasel wheels. never heard of them, but i guess they'll be part of the extras collection, or use them for idlers.

i ought to get a street pair going out of this at least. maybe getting a little street time in will make the trips back to the rink (when i can get there) more enjoyable.
Philphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 06:01 PM   #2
A-Town Sk8er
theultimateskatesupply

Ill give you 2.00 for the wheels so then youll have the boot and plates for free!
A-Town Sk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 06:04 PM   #3
MFND
Sweet Slice Ham

You will like the Kryptos. Sweet scores.
Old August 5th, 2009, 12:13 AM   #4
bazzman

those black boots are old school 265s...well worth the investment!
Old August 5th, 2009, 01:53 AM   #5
coppinger

265 with an omega plate ? It does look like don't it?
coppinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 04:00 AM   #6
Philphine

omega. i had to look through old threads, 'cause i have another pair i got cheap with the same plate and i asked then what they were. the back truck on both plates is bent though.

the krypto's are keepers. been a fan since my skateboard days. i already have 57 and 65mm sets of reds. i'm figuring these 70's will be good for if i try the skating for exercise, circling the park deal.

been doing some mixing and matching. the wheels are so big i need to pick up some sex bolts/t-nuts to give them pivot room. i put them on another thrift store find i got some years back (the other skates with omega plates, but with size 11 boots). it's looking like i should end up with a decent outdoor set up for about $13-15.
Old August 5th, 2009, 08:21 PM   #7
MFND
Sweet Slice Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philphine View Post
omega. i had to look through old threads, 'cause i have another pair i got cheap with the same plate and i asked then what they were. the back truck on both plates is bent though.

the krypto's are keepers. been a fan since my skateboard days. i already have 57 and 65mm sets of reds. i'm figuring these 70's will be good for if i try the skating for exercise, circling the park deal.

been doing some mixing and matching. the wheels are so big i need to pick up some sex bolts/t-nuts to give them pivot room. i put them on another thrift store find i got some years back (the other skates with omega plates, but with size 11 boots). it's looking like i should end up with a decent outdoor set up for about $13-15.
Sex bolts!! You are an old school skateboarder.
Old August 6th, 2009, 01:18 AM   #8
Philphine

that's the only name i knew them by. when i went to the hardware store i think they had them labeled as binder screws or something like that.

i got them a size too short though, so another day or two before i can test out the setup.

tried the labeda boots on again with the laces off. there's room for my toes but they're just real narrow,so i'm hoping a bit of stretching and a looser tie will make them useable too. i'm not gonna take those skates apart yet. if i can find/replacethe broken and missing parts i'll leave them set up as is except a wheel change maybe. i may still get two pairs of useable skates out of this.
Old August 6th, 2009, 06:17 AM   #9
Armadillo

Default Binder screws have NO SRENGTH - BEWARE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philphine View Post
that's the only name i knew them by. when i went to the hardware store i think they had them labeled as binder screws or something like that.

i got them a size too short though, so another day or two before i can test out the setup.

tried the labeda boots on again with the laces off. there's room for my toes but they're just real narrow,so i'm hoping a bit of stretching and a looser tie will make them useable too. i'm not gonna take those skates apart yet. if i can find/replacethe broken and missing parts i'll leave them set up as is except a wheel change maybe. i may still get two pairs of useable skates out of this.
Not sure how you plan to make use of "binder screws" but if they get any stress in them - they will FAIL. Not rated to handle any more than SLIGHT axial load!! Outdoor skating will KILL them, and maybe you.

-Armadillo
Old August 6th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #10
Philphine

i think it'll be ok. the plate's actually mounted to the boot with two big bolts under each truck. i don't like it 'cause you can grab the stopper and the boot and see the play bettween the plate and boot longitudly (i think that's the right word), which seems like it would affect turning responce

so i'm putting the bolts in the two wing looking spots like it probaly should have been anyway (though both skates with these plates are mounted the same way. the bolt was too long on both pairs to me too. it was touching the truck from the bottom so i cut them down).

i can't see them failing. i got the steel ones (there are aluminum and brass ones also), but even if they do, the original bolts are still in place.
Old August 6th, 2009, 03:00 PM   #11
Armadillo

Default Main bolt in center has you covered

I did not know these were supplemental to the Omega center mount bolt.
Should not be a problem in this scenario.
Nice way to keep weight down too using aluminum

-Armadillo

Last edited by Armadillo; November 20th, 2009 at 05:15 AM.
Armadillo is offline   Reply With Quote