S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old November 18th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #281
Salamanda

As much as I love a cute puppy picture and think that's it's cool that cows moo with regional accents (although i do wish i could unlearn the phrase 'stump broke') I am somewhat disappointed that what was an interesting and informative thread has once again been hijacked by pointless trolling and douchebaggery.
There's an ignore button. If you aren't interested in what a particular forum member ever has to say then it comes in handy!
I'm looking forward to this thread coming back to the new Rollerbones wheels (with the occasional FEF cute picture du jour and Okie car/motorbike random tangent).
Old November 18th, 2011, 08:55 AM   #282
Terror Australis
Happy Little Vegemite

Default I also look forward to it getting back on topic...

But remember people...it's a wonderful world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNXI8csFhkY
Enjoy.

https://www.facebook.com/DollsOfHazzard?ref=ts&fref=ts
Terror Australis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #283
Fresh Eddie Fresh

I think this thread is unsalvageable, and we should start a new one.
Fresh Eddie Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #284
Dec8rSk8r

I guess I don't see what Larry said that was so evil. Heavier people do tend to be a bit slower and have less stamina in races than people at their ideal weights. Perhaps what he said wasn't said as tactfully or as politically correctly as it could have been, but it doesn't make it any less true.
Dec8rSk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #285
Poobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post
The first chondrichthyes’ (cartilaginous fishes, including sharks) tumor was found on a skate and recorded by Dislonghamcps in 1853 (3).
Were the shark's skates S/F DA45? Were the plates glued on? Were his wheels regrooed? And if they were, was the groo a spiral or was it a straight line/hacksaw regroo?

Sadly, sharks seem to prefer to ice skate...

Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #286
scrapdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerBones View Post
drool, and Mr. Shelby, your mind is not open enough to see the light that shines through, walk with the lord, and welcome all equally!
Old November 19th, 2011, 03:15 PM   #287
scrapdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Eddie Fresh View Post
I think this thread is unsalvageable, and we should start a new one.
FEF RULES, so true so true
Old November 20th, 2011, 12:18 AM   #288
Salamanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec8rSk8r View Post
I guess I don't see what Larry said that was so evil. Heavier people do tend to be a bit slower and have less stamina in races than people at their ideal weights. Perhaps what he said wasn't said as tactfully or as politically correctly as it could have been, but it doesn't make it any less true.
If this thread was about people's weight and how fast they could go then maybe I could have seen the relevance of the post but it was random, mean and served no other purpose than to troll. And it succeeded.
Old November 20th, 2011, 01:11 AM   #289
Dec8rSk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamanda View Post
If this thread was about people's weight and how fast they could go then maybe I could have seen the relevance of the post but it was random, mean and served no other purpose than to troll. And it succeeded.
Well do you think your own comments about trolling and douchebaggery were any nicer? Did they serve a purpose? Or do you just like jumping on the band wagon to help bully someone who made a weight comment you didn't quite like?
Old November 20th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #290
HK47
Roll Player

Quote:
Well do you think your own comments about trolling and douchebaggery were any nicer? Did they serve a purpose? Or do you just like jumping on the band wagon to help bully someone who made a weight comment you didn't quite like?
Calling out douchebaggery when you see it is a necessary evil, otherwise people think they can just go around making other people feel bad repeatedly. If that calling out makes the person feel bad, then perhaps it'll prompt them to think introspectively and be a little more empathic in the future ... at the very least, one would hope it would encourage them to keep their views about others to themselves in future.
Old November 20th, 2011, 02:40 PM   #291
Dec8rSk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK47 View Post
Calling out douchebaggery when you see it is a necessary evil, otherwise people think they can just go around making other people feel bad repeatedly. If that calling out makes the person feel bad, then perhaps it'll prompt them to think introspectively and be a little more empathic in the future ... at the very least, one would hope it would encourage them to keep their views about others to themselves in future.
Calling someone a troll or douchebag is NOT necessary and is actually against forum rules. Not sure exactly what flys in the Derby section, but trust me, name calling will get the thread deleted up here. I am not sure why someone would even feel the need for name calling after several other members already condemned the remark.

Some of you are much worse with your nasty comments after the fact than the original somewhat ignorant remark was. It's usually the same people too, like your just looking for an excuse to throw stones from the safety of the crowd.
Old November 20th, 2011, 03:39 PM   #292
Salamanda

Hmm I don't see where I called any one person a troll or a douchebag, just that this thread had been taken over by posts that could be described as trolling or douchey. And that if you aren't interested in anything a particular forum member has to say then maybe the best course of action is to ignore them. I've used the ignore option in the past and it works a treat.
By the way, as I previously pointed out there is an ignore button. If my posts offend you so much please feel free to use it.

I'd like this thread to be about wheels again . I picked up a set of Koi's and a set of Snakes last night and can't wait to try them out! I don't usually use anything harder than my green Shamans but our training venue has been coated in the last week and is apparently very grippy, so I might go straight to the Snakes. My shop where I buy my wheels has said they'll get the Turbos in as soon as they can, and thanks to the reviews on this thread some of those will be going on the Christmas list.
Old November 20th, 2011, 04:42 PM   #293
Dec8rSk8r

Quote:
Hmm I don't see where I called any one person a troll or a douchebag, just that this thread had been taken over by posts that could be described as trolling or douchey.
Who were you implying that about if not Iharasim?
Quote:
And that if you aren't interested in anything a particular forum member has to say then maybe the best course of action is to ignore them. I've used the ignore option in the past and it works a treat.
By the way, as I previously pointed out there is an ignore button. If my posts offend you so much please feel free to use it.
No sh|t, there is an ignore button? Use it yourself if you can't stand to hear any criticism. Some people can sure love to dish it out though.
Quote:
I'd like this thread to be about wheels again .
If you are all done ganging up and being nasty in the name of political correctness again, it works for me for it to be about wheels. Some people know that there is a nice way to tell someone that what they said was kinda mean, but some of you are being way nastier in your comments than the member you are criticizing for being nasty. At some point it starts looking like bullying, and the forum might be a nicer place if everyone wasn't so quick to form a mob and use their pitchforks.
Old November 20th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #294
Salamanda

Quote:
No sh|t, there is an ignore button? Use it yourself if you can't stand to hear any criticism. Some people can sure love to dish it out though.
Pot meet Kettle.
Old November 20th, 2011, 05:23 PM   #295
Dec8rSk8r

Quote:
Pot meet Kettle.
Whatever, just quit making things worse than they need to be.
Old November 21st, 2011, 09:19 AM   #296
Barf
Insane in the Urethane

Quote:
Whatever, just quit making things worse than they need to be.
Whatever, just talk about wheels.

I just ordered mine! They should get here about a week after I really needed them. Last night I played derby on the slickest floor I've ever experienced and would really have liked to try some Turbos there, nothing was sticking for anybody.
Barf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2011, 10:26 AM   #297
Bondagekitten
Trainee Derby Ref

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barf View Post
Whatever, just talk about wheels.

I just ordered mine! They should get here about a week after I really needed them. Last night I played derby on the slickest floor I've ever experienced and would really have liked to try some Turbos there, nothing was sticking for anybody.
Which hardness did you wind up ordering?
Old November 21st, 2011, 09:57 PM   #298
Barf
Insane in the Urethane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondagekitten View Post
Which hardness did you wind up ordering?
I'm buying for slippery surfaces first, so I went with the softies. I'd like to grab some 97's next but the budget only allows one set now. I should start selling blood.
Barf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2011, 10:01 PM   #299
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Quote:
I'm buying for slippery surfaces first, so I went with the softies. I'd like to grab some 97's next but the budget only allows one set now. I should start selling blood.
The soft ones are like being cemented to the floor... they still roll pretty well, though. The only way I can think to describe them is as a super Cham I.
Fresh Eddie Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2011, 10:07 PM   #300
arcadefreaque

Quote:
I went with soft ones as well. My wife says she wanted to go with a softer wheel due to slippage on our polished concrete floor. I tried to talk her into adjusting her skates and her skating style, but she insists that its the wheels. Hopefully she doesn't feel like she is skating in mud, then again, maybe not, or she'll be telling me "I told ya so!"
arcadefreaque is offline   Reply With Quote