S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old November 15th, 2011, 02:06 AM   #221
MR SHELBY
The Other White Meat

Red face Perhaps I Was Rash...

Like I said two pages ago, I had the good fortune to check out a set of demo Turbos some time ago, I had resigned myself to waiting for a full width wheel from Rollerbones when a vendor HERE listed them at 44mm so I got all excited! Only to have my hopes for some new full width Powells dashed this morning before I had taken my Meds......

However I do stand by my statement that many companies of late have seemingly forgotten the many NON DERBY skaters who purchase swag on a more regular basis than many of the Derby Skaters I know...

My Bad...Derrick......
MR SHELBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 02:20 AM   #222
hovercarl

Can't wait to put my 97 Turbos on and roll them this Saturday.
Old November 15th, 2011, 03:25 AM   #223
Stinkfist

I picked up a set of 97's at champs on the weekend. I only spent half an hour or so on them on a cold floor in Denver, but even fresh out of the wrapper in the cold they felt ok.

My local rink's re-opening early December following the January floods in Qld with a fresh floor and summer heat, so hopefully they should work well!
Old November 15th, 2011, 07:27 AM   #224
malajusted
old but still good

Default Gold

i said It before gold anadise
If they are the 101a,s
Rap them send to Aussie
I want them
Put them a bones Tin
Yes please
Old November 15th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #225
airmandan10
I'd rather be Skating

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR SHELBY View Post
Like I said two pages ago, I had the good fortune to check out a set of demo Turbos some time ago, I had resigned myself to waiting for a full width wheel from Rollerbones when a vendor HERE listed them at 44mm so I got all excited! Only to have my hopes for some new full width Powells dashed this morning before I had taken my Meds......

However I do stand by my statement that many companies of late have seemingly forgotten the many NON DERBY skaters who purchase swag on a more regular basis than many of the Derby Skaters I know...

My Bad...Derrick......
+1 you were Rash but look at that profile pic; who could stay mad at someone with a face like that?
airmandan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 06:44 PM   #226
lharasim
Skate to get High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bprendie View Post
Faster than you would think.... For your sake, I'm going to assume you were being genuinely curious and uninformed rather than arrogant and rude. I used to be a short track speed skater and I think the Aussies will agree, speed has almost as much to do with form and technique as anything else. I have no problems keeping up with the fast outside lane guys. And while I may not have quite the stamina to roll warp nine all night, in short sprints I'm as fast most, and faster than many.

For my sake....PLEASE .......usta was a roosta....I get that alot here well..... i used to be bla bla bla.....come on your 300lbs I guarantee you will never out sprint a little guy or keep up....to much % body fat....its a fact not making fun just sayin

maybe you and derrick should skate together
Old November 15th, 2011, 07:45 PM   #227
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharasim View Post
For my sake....PLEASE .......usta was a roosta....I get that alot here well..... i used to be bla bla bla.....come on your 300lbs I guarantee you will never out sprint a little guy or keep up....to much % body fat....its a fact not making fun just sayin

Way to attack a super nice guy you have never met or even seen skate before while hiding behind the safety of the internet.

This site is going downhill fast because of people like you.
Fresh Eddie Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #228
MR SHELBY
The Other White Meat

Wink There Is More To Skating Than Being The Fastest On The Floor...

There will ALWAYS be someone younger, faster or heaven forbid better than myself. I don't skate to prove myself to others, I skate for the social & physical benefits. It also let's me live "In The Moment" & forget my worries for a few hours.

If I can help others, I gladly give of my time, spare parts & abilities as a wrench turner over skating in circles to give back in some small way to the sport that has brought so much happiness to my family, friends & myself.

Enough of our bickering, I know that Powell/Rollerbones must make a profit first & foremost & applaude them for bringing ANY new quad specific products to market. They are simply offering products they know will sell to their longtime customer base of skaters who do a lot of footwork. If these products also benefit the Derby crowd so be it, I have enough Vanguards squirreled away to last the rest of my skating days.

Hopefully at some point Rollerbones will see the same trends as Sure Grip has, if you offer products aimed at highend adult buyers Bones can & will see the 44mm stuff leaving the shelves too.

Derrick......
Old November 15th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #229
Dec8rSk8r

Derrick, please clean out your PM's and give me an answer on the Panther boots or they are going on the bay...
Dec8rSk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #230
Jazzy

So... now that everybody has told everybody else that they're wrong, dumb, or both... any opinions on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
I've been skating some slim low boys for the last 18 months and have loved them. Unfortunately my 200lbs jumping on them has cracked 4 hubs. I'm thinking about getting a set of these as my next wheels and I'm torn between the 92's and the 97's. I skated the low boys on everything from freshly finished wood to dusty concrete and was fine with some slight stance adjustment. So I'm looking for a similar grip but stronger wheel.
Jazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 09:05 PM   #231
MR SHELBY
The Other White Meat

Wink At 200 Lbs On Concrete...

I'd get off the failing Atoms & onto a set of 92A Turbos. They should hook anywhere & still outroll your Slowboys.

Derrick......
Old November 15th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #232
MPTonyT
Huge Hefner

Whats the consensus of me being 285 (skating primarily on wood and coated crete) and the duro I should go with. I'm torn between the 97's and 101's. I currently skate Radar Speed Rays (96) and they are to sticky. These will be my next wheels.
Old November 15th, 2011, 09:50 PM   #233
MR SHELBY
The Other White Meat

Wink 101's On Concrete Would Be Interesting...

I don't care how big or small you are! I'd say a 97A would get the job done, if not you can always sell them here & go harder.

Derrick......
Old November 15th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #234
malajusted
old but still good

Default Jazzy

Jazzy 92,s might be a little soft and 97 a little hard but 97,s will give the roll and security you want once you learn what you can do on them

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPTonyT View Post
Whats the consensus of me being 285 (skating primarily on wood and coated crete) and the duro I should go with. I'm torn between the 97's and 101's. I currently skate Radar Speed Rays (96) and they are to sticky. These will be my next wheels.
Haven't tried the 101 yet .if it's a big floor 97,s
Once you get the speed down the straight you hit the corner you want a
Wheel to grip and still roll
But I'm only qualified to judge how I would skate
Opinion is free only you can decide if it's relevant
Old November 15th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #235
Fresh Eddie Fresh

I skated the 103s and they stuck for me no probs, but it was on a decent floor. My 97a Snakes are almost too grippy now (I know apples and oranges) but I would think the 97a vs 101a question might be answered by how well kept the floor you skate on is.
Fresh Eddie Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 10:04 PM   #236
lharasim
Skate to get High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Eddie Fresh View Post
Way to attack a super nice guy you have never met or even seen skate before while hiding behind the safety of the internet.

This site is going downhill fast because of people like you.
Really!? I think that this NICE GUY seem to have threaten me by what he stated....I am not hiding and i am right here!....you have a real good picture of me...lets see one of you or him....

I asked a real simple question and this is what i get....
Old November 15th, 2011, 10:07 PM   #237
lharasim
Skate to get High

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPTonyT View Post
This is REAL easy if you can skate.... get the hardest best rolling wheels pistas weapons auzzie scotts......if they don't hold the floor..

1. get some better skate plates some that have lots of action Royal etc..

2. practice your skating posture and keep your weight over your skates..
Old November 15th, 2011, 10:14 PM   #238
Guns840
P.T.H.D

you did attack his weight...dude grow up
Guns840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 10:45 PM   #239
Bprendie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharasim View Post

That's the problem with words like always and never.... They don't hold true 100% of the time. Not all big people ride around Walmart on rascals. Some of us - despite our size - are in better shape than some "skinny folk." I'm not saying I'm faster than you specifically. I don't even know you. But blanket statements like that are what piss people off. It's simpler to be friendly and go skate.... the ability to go fast is 70% technique and 30% everything else. Take that free advice from a certified US Speedskating coach

And btw, anyone who wants to start a fight with FEF, definitely needs to check into anger management.
Old November 15th, 2011, 10:56 PM   #240
lharasim
Skate to get High

Default its been said

Many times about the web and forum's not to personal...or should i say ........don't take things personally....thick skinned is what you need...

anyways it was a legit question....again i did not mean any harm....but if someone is going to review something that i may be interested in ...whats wrong with some questions...

and what is FEF.....

come on down to portage IN lets skate...