S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old December 20th, 2008, 05:56 PM   #141
gem
Keep dem wheels moving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Steppin' Granny View Post
I
Mind you, over the years, things have gone from taunts and jeers on the street to positive conversations and people complaining locally when I am out 'sans skates'. I have also found that people these days are generally too busy gawping at me with their mouth open to utter anything. To hell with being 'cool'. Cool is just a narrow phrase, uttered by those who can't or won't try skating for themselves.
As a sidewalk surfer for many yrs. I see now many many many people now too busy with their whole life consuming "oral orgazmatron" (cell) to have any interest in what other people are doing just as the same as many drivers do on the roads.
gem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 01:31 AM   #142
Hot Steppin' Granny
Dance With Yo Grandma!

It's more fun skating down the roads - I'm generally going too fast to hear what anyone's saying and my I-pod takes care of erm 'any unwanted background noise'
Old December 26th, 2008, 05:30 PM   #143
TCarlisle

Nah, it wasn't an amicable split. Probably one of the nastiest you can think of. Truth be told, there was a lot more wrong with the relationship than the issue around skating. I'm not upset about the split. Should've done it years ago.
TCarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 05:04 AM   #144
Quadliner11

In our town, most people skateboard. Also it would help if someone opened a rink close to downtown. The city opened a skatepark downtown and personally I am shocked to see that there is not a ridiculous amount of skatestoppers installed downtown. There is only one rollerskating rink in town. And that is about 45 minutes away from the main part of town. Its not that it isnt cool. People dont think about it. Skating is not really an option here. The closest one in town apparently closed due to skate floor problems.
Quadliner11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 05:47 AM   #145
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

I'd before attempted to write you on somewhat the same issue of which your encounter, but was distracted by my little one.

anyhow, as you mentioned so rude, and yes indeed what a big surprise in my life for it is my brother who has so to speak a hatred for the sport and has been giving me the short end of the stick with such rude remarks, of all and anything to do with skating, being it people to just rinks and social circles. I really don't know what truly happen to provoke such a nasty flavor in his mind and heart... regarding skating, but once I mentioned about my little one. "he blow his freakin' top"

then gave more as to the pushing in with the sport and the end of the rope or as it is a no where sport and blah blah blah. After this story of yours...I felt I had to tell you, that you're not alone.

I love skating, and I wish... I hadn't broken all the bones I had, but my little one is to come about in the sport, and if so be it...she takes to it, then YES I have made an impact with an old family sport. My meaning is: my family owned a few rinks in its time and you would think some slack would've been given by dear brother, but that has yet to be seen