S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old October 8th, 2015, 06:26 PM   #1
El3ctr0naut

Default Forum 'Hello' from a 'new' inliner;-)

Hello All

Having been a lurker for a good while I thought it was high time I made a posting and so ..... 'Hello!' one and all from the UK!

Skated quads as a kid/teen back in the day and a spell on inlines at the back end of the 90's (K2 Velocity 72/76mm). Got back on quads 2 years ago aged 45 (Bauer Turbo33 Clones) and have just, in the last 8 weeks gone back onto inlines, mainly for being able to skate outside as well as inside.

Took the plunge about 6 weeks ago and upgraded the old K2s to a pair of Seba GT90s which I am loving! Been a whole new experience getting used to the Sebas but seem to have transitioned nicely (no pun intended). Being able to practice outdoors has been fantastic and good for the exercise. Oh Yeah! And the additional speed of the bigger wheels mwah ha ha!

Skate weekly at Rollerworld, Derby on a nice maple floor and keep practicing for good skate technique. Thinking next year I may invest in some Powerslide R2 110s when I've built up some further ankle strength. I think I got the need for speed ;-)

Always looking for new tips, tricks, tutorials and techniques to (try and) perfect my skate technique...

Good to 'meet' you all!

All the best

Adam
El3ctr0naut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2015, 10:15 PM   #2
DarrenVS

Welcome from sunny Dorset . Really jealous the you live so close to Rollerword, it's 4 hour drive from here, and Colchester is just as bad. The skate scene down south is pretty good,and I'm lucky enough to live 10 minutes from the seafront in Bournemouth with access to the lovely promenade . Rekindled my love of outside skating this summer too. But on quads.
A mixed group have been regularly skates the seafront this year, with a good mix of skate types
Keep rollin
Ps I'm 48 and been back on 8 for the last 5 years

Last edited by DarrenVS; October 9th, 2015 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Grammar
DarrenVS is offline   Reply With Quote